I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

STATS ARE USELESS.

Thank you for your participation.

You just don't get it.

Having the fewest passing yards in the NFL is NOT a great achievement. It may hide faults when he is called upon to be a passing QB.

when he passes for 35 or more times TT is roughly 2-7. If anything I'm off by 1 game at most.

Stats are useless now? LMAO...anything that doesn't support your false and inaccurate agenda is useless. Got it. Thanks.

But lets move on to the next piece of nonsense you wrote.

1. Fewest passing yards is a result of being among the fewest pass ATTEMPTS. Since TT has been the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills, the gameplan has been as a running team, to the tune that the previous 2 seasons we are the #1 running team in the NFL in both yards and YPC.

2. How often do you think teams win when they have to go AWAY from their core offense? You want to cite this 2-7 record when throwing X number of times, yet you completely illogically don't acknowledge that our offense is built to NOT throw that much behind what has been the #1 running team in the NFL.

3. TT has MOSTLY played with hurt players or scrubs at WR his whole tenure here. In fact, in 2015 the final 9 games after the bye week when Sammy was healthy, he made Sammy one of the most prolific WRs in the NFL over that stretch. In 2016, Sammy was a shell of himself when he did play or was out almost the entire season, Woods played hurt and missed time along with our backups to the point we were STARTING guys signed off the street in some games.

You see all you are doing is picking FALSE indicators to DOWNPLAY and disregard the things TT has done really well. You can't pull your head of Fantasy Football and John Madden Football games long enough to realize that PASSING YARDS and PASSING ATTEMPTS do NOT equal winning in the NFL. 5 of the most prolific passers the last 3 years have combined to make the playoffs just 3 TIMES out of 15 chances. And in the last 5 Super Bowls, there has been at least 1 team in 4 of them that have been there and even won it with guys who don't often throw 35 times or often throw over 250 yards.

So again, everything you keep saying is so unbelievably flawed and just skewed to meet your agenda. At the end of the day, the ONLY stat that matters is score board, and despite missing MOST of his weapons last year, TT led the offense to 25 points or more TEN TIMES in 15 starts and the offense only trailed Atl and NO by a couple TDS for MOST TDS scored going into the last week of the season where TT sat.

And in 2017 its pretty hard to argue that TT has mostly carried this offense and is going to have to even more now that his top WR is hurt again and could miss a month and our #2 rookie WR hasn't been able to catch a cold so far this season and is now going to be the top WR on the depth chart for a while.

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats are useless now? LMAO...anything that doesn't support your false and inaccurate agenda is useless. Got it. Thanks.

But lets move on to the next piece of nonsense you wrote.

1. Fewest passing yards is a result of being among the fewest pass ATTEMPTS. Since TT has been the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills, the gameplan has been as a running team, to the tune that the previous 2 seasons we are the #1 running team in the NFL in both yards and YPC.

2. How often do you think teams win when they have to go AWAY from their core offense? You want to cite this 2-7 record when throwing X number of times, yet you completely illogically don't acknowledge that our offense is built to NOT throw that much behind what has been the #1 running team in the NFL.

3. TT has MOSTLY played with hurt players or scrubs at WR his whole tenure here. In fact, in 2015 the final 9 games after the bye week when Sammy was healthy, he made Sammy one of the most prolific WRs in the NFL over that stretch. In 2016, Sammy was a shell of himself when he did play or was out almost the entire season, Woods played hurt and missed time along with our backups to the point we were STARTING guys signed off the street in some games.

You see all you are doing is picking FALSE indicators to DOWNPLAY and disregard the things TT has done really well. You can't pull your head of Fantasy Football and John Madden Football games long enough to realize that PASSING YARDS and PASSING ATTEMPTS do NOT equal winning in the NFL. 5 of the most prolific passers the last 3 years have combined to make the playoffs just 3 TIMES out of 15 chances. And in the last 5 Super Bowls, there has been at least 1 team in 4 of them that have been there and even won it with guys who don't often throw 35 times or often throw over 250 yards.

So again, everything you keep saying is so unbelievably flawed and just skewed to meet your agenda. At the end of the day, the ONLY stat that matters is score board, and despite missing MOST of his weapons last year, TT led the offense to 25 points or more TEN TIMES in 15 starts and the offense only trailed Atl and NO by a couple TDS for MOST TDS scored going into the last week of the season where TT sat.

And in 2017 its pretty hard to argue that TT has mostly carried this offense and is going to have to even more now that his top WR is hurt again and could miss a month and our #2 rookie WR hasn't been able to catch a cold so far this season and is now going to be the top WR on the depth chart for a while.

But they were the wrong kind of touchdowns, just like a win doesn't count if you didn't get 300 yards a TD doesn't count if it's not through the air.

The above comments brought to you from the Champions of Taylor.

yes winning makes me sad. :doh: Talk about agenda's.

Have I said TT sucks?

No, I have not.

Have I said there are things I'd like to see TT do better?

Yes. Whys is that wrong?

sorry, you peeps won't bring me down. :D

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Im just gonna throw this out there.....

There were some drops in this game on longer passes that would have easily pushed TT up over 230 yards passing...and when you dont pass a lot to begin with..........

That said....I thought he played a good game where he made plays when they needed to be made (and wasnt that one of the main complaints about him last year?)

I would just like to see consistancy...which I AM seeing right now....but carry it over the course of the season.

Im just gonna throw this out there.....

There were some drops in this game on longer passes that would have easily pushed TT up over 230 yards passing...and when you dont pass a lot to begin with..........

That said....I thought he played a good game where he made plays when they needed to be made (and wasnt that one of the main complaints about him last year?)

I would just like to see consistancy...which I AM seeing right now....but carry it over the course of the season.

230 is not a reason for a parade. I like TT and really don't like the negative comments.

What bothers me most is an offense that that goes out of it way not to play offensively.

230 is not a reason for a parade. I like TT and really don't like the negative comments.

What bothers me most is an offense that that goes out of it way not to play offensively.

Again with the parade comment

When you dont throw a lot your not gonna have massive passing yards (which is absolute horrible stat to look at for production anyway)

STATS ARE USELESS.

Thank you for your participation.

You just don't get it.

Having the fewest passing yards in the NFL is NOT a great achievement. It may hide faults when he is called upon to be a passing QB.

when he passes for 35 or more times TT is roughly 2-7. If anything I'm off by 1 game at most.

Your take isnt hot its ice cold.

Havent you figured out what this team is all about so far after four games?

It doesnt get any easier than the question I posed to you.

We just beat the two darkings of the nfl not needing 300 yards or to pass it 35 times.

Ha ha, I said he did much less of that yesterday.

Some folks read what they want to read.

I know, my question is why you aren't focusing on the most recent games? They certainly tell a more accurate story.

My bad.

FWIW - Who cares about Last Season. We are in the here and now. I did say I got distracted. :oops:

Why take a game sample when you can use a season? 5 guys were over 100 for the course of a season. Our QB has achieved that mark in 5 of the last 7 starts and over 100 in that span. If it continues he will finish near the top 5 in QB rating. I'm really surprised that you aren't following that point.

I know, my question is why you aren't focusing on the most recent games? They certainly tell a more accurate story.

Why take a game sample when you can use a season? 5 guys were over 100 for the course of a season. Our QB has achieved that mark in 5 of the last 7 starts and over 100 in that span. If it continues he will finish near the top 5 in QB rating. I'm really surprised that you aren't following that point.

Hes doing it because it doesnt fit his narrative, his version, his feeble attempt at rewriting history.

I am?

You said we never talk about how TT barely turns it over. But we have, for 3 years. Most of the time, it was because he was afraid to pull the trigger. Lately, it hasn't been.

What's the problem?

I started the thread and my issue is not with Tyrod...... Have said this over and over. It is with a terrible offensive scheme, unimaginative play calling, trading away his stud #1 receiver and getting excited about under 300 yards weekly in offense.

It's like owning a Hyandai Accent..... Reliable car, but as soon as you need it to do something it won't.

Ummm, in this analogy, I assume Taylor is the Hyundai Accent and that the times you need him to do something are when the team is behind, right?

The Bills have actually been ahead the majority of the time this year, and on the year, when the Bills have been either trailing or tied with the opposition, Taylor has thrown 74% of his passes (at a 69% completion %) for 77% of his yards and 80% of his TDs.

Looks like he works okay when you need him to do something 0:)

I am?

You said we never talk about how TT barely turns it over. But we have, for 3 years. Most of the time, it was because he was afraid to pull the trigger. Lately, it hasn't been.

What's the problem?

That's absolutely an opinion (that's slanted towards your narrative). "Most of the time" is totally subjective and probably not true. The FACT is that his turnover percentage is VERY low in comparison to most starting QBs.

The above comments brought to you from the Champions of Taylor.

yes winning makes me sad. :doh: Talk about agenda's.

Have I said TT sucks?

No, I have not.

Have I said there are things I'd like to see TT do better?

Yes. Whys is that wrong?

sorry, you peeps won't bring me down. :D

Shady, you gotta admit you're pretty much a closet anTy guy, at the very least. You say weird hyperbolic things that aren't true like the team has a 3rd down % of 30% and bring up the record of an entire football team regarding Taylor passing 30+ times and you've said that this team needs to get to (what was it again...?) 10-2 or something like that for you to start believing in Taylor.

I've said all along and I'll say it again, I don't think Taylor is going to be all that much different a QB than he was the last couple years. But I've also thought the QB the last couple years was pretty good. I saw things I wanted him to improve a bit on (throwing guys open/going through progressions/3rd down conversions) and so far he looks like he's doing better with those things, but not like monumentally better.

I think the hard part of this conversation is that there are many who cling steadfastly to a traditional pocket passer. Taylor will never ever be that. But what Taylor seems to be growing into in the right system (and Dennison's looks like the right system right now) can be a very good QB, probably sporadically a top 10 guy. And with this defense, that's enough to do some very serious damage in terms of making the playoffs and even in the playoffs.

Some have said such concrete things against Taylor that I suspect if he continues to play as he's played so far or even better, those posters will disappear and we'll find them hiding under new usernames. There are 1 or 2 in particular I haven't seen make a single comment since the Denver game. And hardly a peep the week after the Jets game. He just popped in after the Carolina game to make a few (negative, obviously) comments.

Gee, I wonder why. Some posters thrive off misery. Probably why they've enjoyed the last 17 years trolling Bills message boards. :doh:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

That's absolutely an opinion (that's slanted towards your narrative). "Most of the time" is totally subjective and probably not true. The FACT is that his turnover percentage is VERY low in comparison to most starting QBs.

Wow, imagine having a opinion consistent with your other opinions.

What a "narrative." Lol.

I see the TT guys still haven't changed. If I thought Rex was a dog **** defensive coach, would you call it an opinion slanted towards my "anti-Rex narrative?"

You are right about also looking at last season. It sets a pattern.

But

Teams change every season for a number of reasons.

Isn't it something like in the past few years one of the super bowl fails to make the playoffs the next season?

That trend may end unless the Pats collapse. But I digress.

He's got great stats. Great Stats don't equate to wins.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I have noticed development with tyrod.

significant progress.

much needed.

he appears capable of running the Offense.

did i see him audible last weekend?

why yes, i think i did.

All about the Coaching Gents.

I am liking the head coaching for the most part.

If the Bills are ever going to become a dominant team though - McDermott is going to have to be more aggressive putting teams away early. He is too field goal happy in my opinion. Bills are eventually going to lose to a high powered offense because of it.

I want to see him build a truly dominant team that puts games away early and often.