A Few Thoughs about the Broncos Game

Virgil

I think that's exactly right. And it very well could be the reason beanie and Cecil succeed or fail, they want a certain kind of guy. I understand that. But they are willing to take a lesser talent for that kind of guy. Sacrificing meritocracy for merit badges. It could work. But I can't ever think of a team in any sport ever that did that and won. I hope it works. I have my doubts. But I do love some of the results so far.

I believe, however, in every sport in every season the team that wins has two or more star players. They got rid of one of our two. I'm not even sure Shady fits their model they just know they can't get rid of him like they can't get rid of Dareus.

A buddy and I were discussing this this morning in regards to the Browns. He was saying that even though they are 0-3, they're not playing too bad this year. I disagreed, saying that playing up or down to your opponents but still coming out with a loss is not a positive thing. The Bills have been through that type of team multiple times throughout the drought.

I do believe that a losing mentality really can set in on a team. The Browns and Bills have it. There are a lot of people here who were demanding a complete rebuild of the front office for just that reason. IMO, it's even more important in the roster.

I agree with what you said at the end, and at some point the Bills will need those star players, but those guys have been brought in before only to be totally consumed by the black hole that is the Buffalo Bills. The roster needs to be purged; the message changed; then the final pieces put into place.

Even though I like what I'm seeing so far, I still fully expect a rough couple of years while this transition happens. I hate the idea of losing for even one more year, but I'm really glad that the guys in charge seem to know it's a necessity. Anyone not fully on board has to go, one way or another.

All that said, I don't know if that has anything at all do with Williams, and as an outsider I'm on the same boat as the rest in being surprised and annoyed by the cut.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Bills want their 2nd RB to be good at pass blocking. That's what Tolbert gets you. After the first preseason game which JW looked good in, I remember someone asking McD about it in the presser and he said something like "We'll look at the whole tape, see how he looked in pass blocking." The writing was on the wall then but none of us noticed. I remember the statement stuck out as a little odd, until he got cut and then everything came into focus.

I agree - they also wanted a back-up that could come out of the back field and make caches - something else JW had not done much of.

I think JW was the better RB, but Tolbert is a more complete player and fits things they want out of the backup.

Since JW struggled in pass protection and pass catching and could not play special teams - he did not have a designated role.

Banyard and TJ both have special teams ability that they wanted for a 3rd string RB.

I believe that have a pretty good idea of what they wanted out of the roster at each position for both starters , back-ups, and 3rd stringers in relation to roles they needed those guys to perform.

TT does not throw INTs. It's one of his strengths.

At the same time, he occasionally delivers the "throw" to Jones when he was open by 20 yards.

I, like many, would like to see a better QB. But TT is the best one on this team and he gives it his all, which I love.

one mans strength is another mans weakness.

or in this case this mans strength is this mans weakness

I agree about Tolbert, not really very effective for a number 2 back on a team that's supposed to live and die with the running game. If it wasn't for McBeane, can't imagine him having a job. He's not awful, but hardly a suitable backup for this type of offense.

He's meant to be a change of pace back. He runs between the tackles while Shady generally tries to bounce outside. Tolbert is a bruiser and he is a nice complement to Shady.

I dont remember the last time we had a coach that when we went into the locker room at halftime he brought his team out better in the second half.

This was the best part of the game yesterday. We were able to hang around in the 1st half, but made those adjustments after going into the locker room to get the win. Really great job by McD and the coaching staff. Awesome win for the Bills!

This was the best part of the game yesterday. We were able to hang around in the 1st half, but made those adjustments after going into the locker room to get the win. Really great job by McD and the coaching staff. Awesome win for the Bills!

Especially on offense. Weve looked genuinely different with our scheme following halftime in all three games.

4 - It's been one week since you looked at me

Cocked your head to the side and said, "I'm angry."

Five days since you laughed at me saying,

"Get back together come back and see me."

Virgil, I thought you'd been faking the Deadhead thing (just to keep the Bill From NYC vibe), and this proves it!

On Tolbert: 26 carries, 88 yards, 3.4 avg. Well, not so bad. Not so good either if he's putting up 3.5 per carry in non short yardage situations too. I'd like to see one of the fast guys get into the rotation too, but for now, I'm o.k. with the Mr. Outside, Mr. Inside thing.

The puzzling one for me is DiMarco. They paid him a pretty penny, but we're barely seeing him at all.

Virgil, I thought you'd been faking the Deadhead thing (just to keep the Bill From NYC vibe), and this proves it!

On Tolbert: 26 carries, 88 yards, 3.4 avg. Well, not so bad. Not so good either if he's putting up 3.5 per carry in non short yardage situations too. I'd like to see one of the fast guys get into the rotation too, but for now, I'm o.k. with the Mr. Outside, Mr. Inside thing.

The puzzling one for me is DiMarco. They paid him a pretty penny, but we're barely seeing him at all.

I started with Grateful Dead as a tribute to John. Then it was all DMB. This year isnt BNL.

Trying to keep it to western New York fan favorites. Theres a method good sir

He's meant to be a change of pace back. He runs between the tackles while Shady generally tries to bounce outside. Tolbert is a bruiser and he is a nice complement to Shady.

compared to our last few backups, he doesn't really add too much. Who cares if he runs between the tackles?

Umm Talib got his arm on the ball

Um no he didn't. If the pic isn't good enough for you watch the replay: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017092401/2017/REG3/Broncos@Bills?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017092401#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000849966&tab=videos

Talib wasn't anywhere near getting his fingertip on the ball much less his arm.

post-26967-0-75298500-1506417933_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott7975