PFF: Bills are 31st for time for Taylor to throw.

JM2009

Not for nothing, but for a guy who predicted 10-6, you would think stats and such would be of an interest to you. There is no way this is a 10-6 roster anyways.

stats are stats. there are about 10 taylor threads. you even posted your OP in one of them before creating this thread.

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/196527-bills-w-taylor-200-yards-a-fun-tbd-bet-this-gloomy-week/page-4?do=findComment&comment=4552836

just calling it as I see it JM. as for my prediction. it is what it is, or should I say was.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stats are stats. there are about 10 taylor threads. you even posted your OP in one of them before creating this thread.

just calling it as I see it JM. as for my prediction. it is what it is, or should I say was.

When TT isn't the starter, which will probably happen sometime, I'll post Peterman's stats up. Nothing personal.

More selective stats

OH GOODY !!!!!!!

you seem to be taking it personal. was I wrong for pointing it out that it didn't need it's own thread? seriously, too many taylor threads as it is.

carry on.

Mr agenda takes everything personal.

If they go 10-6 the church will become a cathedral!!!

Don't forget only stats that make TT look good are allowed

Please god let JM2009 hate Peterman because that will mean he is good.

ha ha ha I didn't like EJ 2014 and on either. SMH Nor Fitz, nor Edwards after a few games. The only QBs I have defended since the drought are Bledsoe, Orton and Taylor. I only point out he isn't this terrible QB that some think he is. The more rational posters seem to agree. The ones with an agenda do not. Hate Peterman-the kid has never started an NFL game before-a real one. I hope he does well. We know nothing about him yet. It's ignorant posting like yours that demand responses, again , and again and again.

you seem to be taking it personal. was I wrong for pointing it out that it didn't need it's own thread? seriously, too many taylor threads as it is.

carry on.

Just an updated stat thread going into the third game. Thought it was interesting.

Yep this

I got this PFF link from Bills Fanatics. All the comments from people there all said it was the time he has to throw. And about the Carolina game they are agreed that Carolina was in the backfield most of the game.

ha ha ha I didn't like EJ 2014 and on either. SMH Nor Fitz, nor Edwards after a few games. The only QBs I have defended since the drought are Bledsoe, Orton and Taylor. I only point out he isn't this terrible QB that some think he is. The more rational posters seem to agree. The ones with an agenda do not. Hate Peterman-the kid has never started an NFL game before-a real one. I hope he does well. We know nothing about him yet. It's ignorant posting like yours that demand responses, again , and again and again.

Just an updated stat thread going into the third game. Thought it was interesting.

I got this PFF link from Bills Fanatics. All the comments from people there all said it was the time he has to throw. And about the Carolina game they are agreed that Carolina was in the backfield most of the game.

It's not what you think it is dude.

"Now to explain what ‘time to throw’ is, we record the time from when the ball is snapped to the point where the quarterback has either thrown a pass or can no longer throw a pass (has been sacked or has scrambled past the line of scrimmage)."

Taken from the pff website.

Basically that means he has the ball in his hands behind the line of scrimmage longer than most QB's.

Ironically, a fast sack would improve the number.

It is kind of a crap stat though.

It is skewed when he runs out of the pocket but stays behind the line of scrimmage without being sacked, which is often.

It's not what you think it is dude.

"Now to explain what ‘time to throw’ is, we record the time from when the ball is snapped to the point where the quarterback has either thrown a pass or can no longer throw a pass (has been sacked or has scrambled past the line of scrimmage)."

Taken from the pff website.

I stand semi corrected then. It still accounts for pressure also. We all saw in that Carolina game that the rush was relentless most of the game.

Those who want Peterman in, I wouldn't advise it in the next two games. Esp with Glenn out. If things go really bad the next two, maybe I'd put him in against Cinci.

I stand semi corrected then. It still accounts for pressure also. We all saw in that Carolina game that the rush was relentless most of the game.

Those who want Peterman in, I wouldn't advise it in the next two games. Esp with Glenn out. If things go really bad the next two, maybe I'd put him in against Cinci.

Yea.

The stat you want is the Time to Sack.

But even that gets skewed if the QB can escape pressure and run sideways a few yards before getting sacked.

I would be interested in seeing a stat like "Time to pressure" that is measured only on plays where the QB is pressured and how long it takes for that pressure to arrive. That would be the most indicative of how severe a jailbreak pass rush was at the times when there was one.

Yea.

The stat you want is the Time to Sack.

But even that gets skewed if the QB can escape pressure and run sideways a few yards before getting sacked.

I would be interested in seeing a stat like "Time to pressure" that is measured only on plays where the QB is pressured and how long it takes for that pressure to arrive. That would be the most indicative of how severe a jailbreak pass rush was at the times when there was one.

Time to pressure would be a better stat.

Time to pressure would be a better stat.

And you would almost have to split it between pass plays where the defense brought a blitz and pass plays where the defense rushed 4 or less. Those kinds of detailed stats would be very telling. You would see which offensive lines are better than others instead of making a subjective guess based on what you think is normal and what isn't.

Personally I think the Bills offensive line flat out SUCKS at pass protection. And it isn't just Mills and Miller.

Let me rephrase that.

The Bills offensive line is below average in pass protection in my opinion.

And also in my opinion - the offensive line needs to be absolutely dominant if you expect your offense to be dominant. That is why I am a huge proponent of spending money on o-linemen.

Edited by PolishDave

And you would almost have to split it between pass plays where the defense brought a blitz and pass plays where the defense rushed 4 or less. Those kinds of detailed stats would be very telling. You would see which offensive lines are better than others instead of making a subjective guess based on what you think is normal and what isn't.

Personally I think the Bills offensive line flat out SUCKS at pass protection. And it isn't just Mills and Miller.

This too.I agree. Pass blocking has not been a strength for this line.

This too.I agree. Pass blocking has not been a strength for this line.

And when you find an absolutely excellent line coach - pay him big $$ not to leave. Wish Kromer was still here.

Win the line of scrimmage. Win the game.

Edited by PolishDave

And when you find an absolutely excellent line coach - pay him big $$ not to leave. Wish Kromer was still here.

Win the line of scrimmage. Win the game.

The trenches are where the games are won. As good as Brady is, he has, more or less, had a very good line most of his career.

Very misleading title. The OLine is allowing Tyrod the second-most time in the NFL to throw the ball.

This isn't at all surprising. It's been going on for 2+ years now.

Wayne,

This is a completely flawed stat that was dissected over a year ago. Tyrod scrambles many times before he throws and all that time adds to this fictitious time count that OL gives him protection when he actually gets little protection.

This can't be lost on you? Can it?

Edited by cba fan

The trenches are where the games are won. As good as Brady is, he has, more or less, had a very good line most of his career.

Yes he has.

It also helps immensely if you can design and execute a fast paced passing game where the QB gets rid of the ball in 2 seconds nearly every time. Like when we played them and had that great defense in 2014. Didn't matter. Brady killed us with quick passes - totally negating a superior pass rush.

I hate giving the Patriots credit because I effin hate them.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21765203_1941740162712576_8637530686331276602_n.jpg?oh=576cef6c93192f8e31cdbc947a848a57&oe=5A4949E9

12th in intermediate passing is a good sign. Do I think he is the seventh best QB-of course not, but he isn't terrible either, like some think.

You should change your username to Tyrods Ballsack.