PFF: Bills are 31st for time for Taylor to throw.

JM2009

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21765203_1941740162712576_8637530686331276602_n.jpg?oh=576cef6c93192f8e31cdbc947a848a57&oe=5A4949E9

12th in intermediate passing is a good sign. Do I think he is the seventh best QB-of course not, but he isn't terrible either, like some think.

He's bottom half of the league. Stats don't tell the whole story. Like EJ, he just can't read the field, read defenses, throw open receivers or work effectively from the pocket. His strength is his legs and athleticism. But for sophisticated, timing based passing offenses, he's not a good fit. And unfortunately, Dennisuck is not playing to his strengths. He's pulling a REXY and trying to force his square system into a round hole.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21765203_1941740162712576_8637530686331276602_n.jpg?oh=576cef6c93192f8e31cdbc947a848a57&oe=5A4949E9

12th in intermediate passing is a good sign. Do I think he is the seventh best QB-of course not, but he isn't terrible either, like some think.

I think "time to throw" is how long it takes Tyrod to throw the ball, not how much time the offensive line is giving him to throw.

Holding onto the ball too long before he throws has been an issue of Tyrod's.

He's bottom half of the league. Stats don't tell the whole story. Like EJ, he just can't read the field, read defenses, throw open receivers or work effectively from the pocket. His strength is his legs and athleticism. But for sophisticated, timing based passing offenses, he's not a good fit. And unfortunately, Dennisuck is not playing to his strengths. He's pulling a REXY and trying to force his square system into a round hole.

Nothing else needs to be said

I agree. I have him around 22nd.

I think "time to throw" is how long it takes Tyrod to throw the ball, not how much time the offensive line is giving him to throw.

Holding onto the ball too long before he throws has been an issue of Tyrod's.

I think it is the time he has to throw. From the comments on this, everyone is calling it this and how he had no time against Carolina.

31st in time to throw and TT can only manage to put up stats like less than 50 yards for first half?? What is he going to do when his time to throw is 2.4 seconds? Can we please move on from this guy already, sad.

At least he can scramble. If part of the problem is the bad WR corp, other QBs would get sacked and turn the ball over. The entire offense is to blame, including TT for the dismal output Sunday.

Mobile QBs are almost always near the bottom (or top) in time to throw because they keep more plays alive and keep them alive longer. Think about Bledsoe (my favorite example). As soon as someone got through the line he was on the ground. When you keep plays alive like Tyrod, Cam, Ben, Rodgers, Wilson, etc... you will always be in there longer. That's common sense

Fwiw, that was the thing that impressed me the most about Baker Mayfield 2 weeks ago. He made guys miss until he could make a play. It was really impressive.

Edited by Kirby Jackson