WR Prospects for the 2018 Draft

26CornerBlitz

That's why they don't move the football!! You don't say "we are awful at WR so let's get some other positions."

I'm not saying it's what I would do. I'm just saying from the sample size we've seen, for whatever reason, they wouldn't be getting good value at those positions.

Now if it's TT holding them back and they'd open up the book to push the ball downfield, that's a different story. But if they want to take a another second round pick just to throw quick outs and come backs, the pick would be better spent somewhere that they actually utilize

i think that's more of an issue with the current QB. They will be drafting their guy this year, I expect he will start right away. Also, McD and Denison were here when they traded up in the 2nd for Zay so I'd say they value the position.

They value it enough to spend another 2nd on one? I don't see it being worth the value unless they change their offensive scheme.

I know it's early, but if Rico is going to run stretch zone until he is blue in the face, what does another WR do?

I'm not saying it's what I would do. I'm just saying from the sample size we've seen, for whatever reason, they wouldn't be getting good value at those positions.

Now if it's TT holding them back and they'd open up the book to push the ball downfield, that's a different story. But if they want to take a another second round pick just to throw quick outs and come backs, the pick would be better spent somewhere that they actually utilize

They value it enough to spend another 2nd on one? I don't see it being worth the value unless they change their offensive scheme.

I know it's early, but if Rico is going to run stretch zone until he is blue in the face, what does another WR do?

They traded up this year in the 2nd for a receiver. They value them they just don't know how to use them. Dennison's last offense had Demaryius and Sanders. Our receivers STINK.

different QB, different play calling

I have always been a fan (but I loved Smith too). They are similar to me. Elite deep threats that track the ball well in the air. His skill set is so desperately needed on this team. Whether it be him or someone else it's a need.

It's absolutely a need. It's unfathomable that a team went into an NFL season without a guy that can fulfill that role in this day and age.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Darren Andrews of UCLA in that role.

I guess it makes sense that we'd eventually get a WR that won't blame God for his drops :D

Winner!!

I don't see Sutton ranked on list

He's a big kid from SMU. He's a former basketball player with big production. He's a really nice talent. YouTube some of his highlights and I think you'll be impressed.

Trust me when we get the QB we will get the WR.

We probably go QB then WR

It's a massive need and we will be adding 1 early (and probably another next offseason). You have any favorites?

Winner!!He's a big kid from SMU. He's a former basketball player with big production. He's a really nice talent. YouTube some of his highlights and I think you'll be impressed.It's a massive need and we will be adding 1 early (and probably another next offseason). You have any favorites?

Like the Texas WR and Washington from Oklahoma St.

It's absolutely a need. It's unfathomable that a team went into an NFL season without a guy that can fulfill that role in this day and age.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Darren Andrews of UCLA in that role.

....so where do you see a WR pick being made Blokes?......pretty strong consensus that QB is a definite 1st, although Astrobot's Drafttek site has OL & DL as the two 1sts followed by Falk at #43 in the 2nd.....where does WR pick fit?..

....so where do you see a WR pick being made Blokes?......pretty strong consensus that QB is a definite 1st, although Astrobot's Drafttek site has OL & DL as the two 1sts followed by Falk at #43 in the 2nd.....where does WR pick fit?..

I'm not really sure at this point. If Jordan Matthews stays long-term, that defines the role they lack. That role is typically filled by a player that goes fairly early.

I also think it depends on how Brandon Beane looks at the positional value. If he's a Gettleman copy, he's taken Benjamin in the 1st. Marty Hurney hasn't taken one earlier than the 2nd.

And then you have to assess the picks we have and how the board falls. Vague enough for you? :D

I'm not really sure at this point. If Jordan Matthews stays long-term, that defines the role they lack. That role is typically filled by a player that goes fairly early.

I also think it depends on how Brandon Beane looks at the positional value. If he's a Gettleman copy, he's taken Benjamin in the 1st. Marty Hurney hasn't taken one earlier than the 2nd.

And then you have to assess the picks we have and how the board falls. Vague enough for you? :D

If the Bills do decide to keep Matthews, then you would think they would go for a WR in the 2nd round.

You have mastered the art of obfuscation. :worthy:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.