FREEKING Watkins trade

jester43

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No guarantee Sammy catches that. He wasn't exactly clutch here and definitely dropped his fair share of easy balls which that one was not easy

Fake news! I already contributed a slew of his clutch catches in a thread a few weeks ago so I don't want to go thru that again.

Edited by Elite Poster

Why do the Bills hate people with talent? If not for that idiotic trade we're 2-0. Does anyone not think he hauls that last pass in EASILY??? We probably also still have Boldin, and at least a CHANCE to score some points today. My ass is chapped about this one... :wallbash:

This game really draws attention to the Bills decision to move on from Watkins.

Tyrod is not very good and we have no passing game.

I firmly believe Bills management/coaching KNOWS THIS.

And for the most part, they are OK WITH IT.

They decided to scrap this season in exchange for a chance at a better future and a QB drafted next year.

Get used to it, Bills fans!

We are in a tank season.

You just saw and felt what that looks like when we aren't playing the Jets.

Why do the Bills hate people with talent? If not for that idiotic trade we're 2-0. Does anyone not think he hauls that last pass in EASILY??? We probably also still have Boldin, and at least a CHANCE to score some points today. My ass is chapped about this one... :wallbash:

Yeah but it's even more about the 57+ minutes of the game that they didn't have Watkins.........no fear of the big play in the passing game leads to a much more aggressive defensive front and more congested passing lanes.

Tyrod actually has played the best 2 consecutive games of his career the past two weeks........made a lot of accurate throws.........it can get a lot worse if he reverts back to his mid-season form of last year.

This game really draws attention to the Bills decision to move on from Watkins.

Tyrod is not very good and we have no passing game.

I firmly believe Bills management/coaching KNOWS THIS.

And for the most part, they are OK WITH IT.

They decided to scrap this season in exchange for a chance at a better future and a QB drafted next year.

Get used to it, Bills fans!

We are in a tank season.

You just saw and felt what that looks like when we aren't playing the Jets.

A good throw and we win the game.

Yeah but it's even more about the 57+ minutes of the game that they didn't have Watkins.........no fear of the big play in the passing game leads to a much more aggressive defensive front and more congested passing lanes.

Tyrod actually has played the best 2 consecutive games of his career the past two weeks........made a lot of accurate throws.........it can get a lot worse if he reverts back to his mid-season form of last year.

Your takes are usually on point, but calling this one of TT's best games because he was accurate is like saying this was one of McCoy's best because he didn't fumble.

Just not the whole story by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm with you 100%. If he could have had someone there to stretch the defense even a little, we may not have even gotten to that point. And what frustrates me the most is this hunch I have that they're just reflexively dumping guys who just maybe dared to roll their eyes at McDermott's happy horsecrap. I hope I'm proven wrong on that.

That play is more the QB's fault that Jones', it would have been a great catch, poor ball placement by Taylor, a better QB and that is a TD.

That play is McBeane's fault. They could have dumped Tyrod and they could have set up the Bills WR corp so that it wasn't relying on a rookie to win a close road game.

Taylor is out there because they want him out there. Zay Jones is starting because they dumped the starting WRs from last season.

Your takes are usually on point, but calling this one of TT's best games because he was accurate is like saying this was one of McCoy's best because he didn't fumble.

Just not the whole story by any stretch of the imagination.

That was the most pass rush pressure he's ever seen in a game as a Bill.

In general, the most penetration they've ever had against their OL post Marrone..........McCoy was absolutely destroyed/useless........the offense was entirely on Taylor today and I was continuously surprised by the quality of throws.

He fell in love with his feet late in the game and that was poor clock management........but I would still say it's the most efficient he's been in 2 consecutive outings.

He's had much better days........and easier days......like early in 2015........but he's clearly a better QB now than then, IMO.

Edited by #BADOL

let me get this right, youd rather win a coupla more games, have a worse draft position, and probably lose Watkins at the end of the season anyways while getting absolutely nothing in return?

watkins is oft injured, with a possibility of having great upside. he hasnt proved it yet, hes going to want huge money, and we dont have a QB that can use him correctly anyways......so ya, should of kept him....smh

u guys realize that the stack the box and make Tyrod be a QB defense that everybody uses, has been that way since Tyrod played his first game right? With or without Sammy, it doesnt matter. overpaying for a WR when u dont have a QB is pointless.

Edited by bigduke6

That play is McBeane's fault. They could have dumped Tyrod and they could have set up the Bills WR corp so that it wasn't relying on a rookie to win a close road game.

Taylor is out there because they want him out there. Zay Jones is starting because they dumped the starting WRs from last season.

You sound butthurt...

Watkins was a bust, should have never made that draft trade for him, was pissed when they did, and it turned out worse than I thought it would.

McBeane is not why the Bills suck, far from it...

Edited by T-Bomb

Whoa, what?

Did you watch the first half?

The Watkins trade is behind us, let's move on.

What bothers me is that we have to wait to the final drive to attempt that kind of pass, it's one thing to play with your cards close the vest (running the ball and not ask TT to do too much) but you have to open things up a bit to win close games, or any game for that matter.