Penalties (or lack thereof)

Bills Pimpin'

The most telling stat of the game that shows improved coaching... 6 penalties for 50 yards. 2 of them on 64 for holding but I don`t recall a single procedure penalty on the offensive line and I don't recall any Personal Foul penalties. That is very encourahhing.

This.

Penalties (or lack thereof) are a reflection on team discipline which starts with the Head Coach

2016 Opening Day one of the networks aired Rex's locker room speech which was filled with so many <bleep>'ing <bleep> bombs that it sounded like he was communicating via Morse Code. I remember thinking, dude at least try to act like a professional. Rex's potty mouth reflected poorly on the entire organization.

Nice to see the new Regime has some sense of self discipline

I think there was 1 false start on Clay. If we are keeping procedure penalties to 1 a game I will live with that. I don't recall holding penalties on the secondary which suggests that they were in good position all day.

The zone scheme definitely helps with defensive holding calls especially when your "shut down" corners get burned every other play and need to hold to keep the other team from scoring (Gilmore and Darby)

Nothing more frustrating than losing games because of penalties. Glad we are off to a good start here. Hopefully it continues to trend down. I also saw more urgency in the 2 minute drill which was nice and I'm sure we will see smarter TO and challenge use when applicable, didn't need it last game.

I'll wait to comment on penalties next week. We were home vs the Jets. We'll see how the penalties looks when we play teams that are better than us, especially on the road. Not to say that we will be any more or less disciplined, the refs may though