SI Article- With Confidence- The Bills are Not Tanking

jethro_tull

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a good read. Thanks for sharing. I particularly liked this quote -

“We’re new, and we’re adding to the roster, and taking away from the roster,” McDermott said. “It’s a little more of a constant, constant, constant focus on the standard. Because if you don’t, that culture’s gonna grow up around you in the form of weeds. If you don’t manage the culture, develop the culture on a daily basis, it’s going to grow around you whether you like it or not"

It's building a team, not just putting a bunch of talented players on the roster. Some pieces just don't fit. There is no way they would have signed SW for the money he's going to demand and people would have been more pissed that they let him walk for nothing. Get something for him and avoid a messy situation in the off season. If a player doesn't fit the scheme, try to get something for him and ship him out. Letting JW go was more of a ST decision than anything, TJ is good special team'er.

I can't really argue too much about any of their moves to this point.

Edited by ricojes

Levy/HC

lol, the Levy GM era didn't go over as well

True but I think the player selection emphasized character guys more when levy was GM with jauron...

Polian drafted some hall of famers that drank, bar hopped l, partied, got busted for cocaine, were engulfed by spousal abuse rumors, etc.

Then there was this

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Darren-Woodson-Bills-lost-Super-Bowls-due-to-ex?urn=nfl,216360

It's building a team, not just putting a bunch of talented players on the roster. Some pieces just don't fit. There is no way they would have signed SW for the money he's going to demand and people would have been more pissed that they let him walk for nothing. Get something for him and avoid a messy situation in the off season. If a player doesn't fit the scheme, try to get something for him and ship him out. Letting JW go was more of a ST decision than anything, TJ is good special team'er.

As much as it hurt losing Sammy, I agree

Two stupid and shortsighted decisions IMO.

I disagree

Kelly's drinking is way overrated and is a man of outstanding character in my humble opinion.

Kelly was one of the biggest douchebags in the history of professional sports. He'd probably agree.

Two stupid and shortsighted decisions IMO.

The Sammy trade was the opposite of shortsighted. We'll see how the Bills and Sammy's career pan out, but the move was absolutely for the long term and not the short. And hey, if EJ Gaines excels in this defense and we win some games, it won't look so stupid.

J Will I'm still unsure about but we gotta wait and see with that one.

The Sammy trade was the opposite of shortsighted. We'll see how the Bills and Sammy's career pan out, but the move was absolutely for the long term and not the short. And hey, if EJ Gaines excels in this defense and we win some games, it won't look so stupid.

J Will I'm still unsure about but we gotta wait and see with that one.

Disagree obviously with the acquisition of a potential franchise QB on the horizon in '18.