Why are you so sure we aren't a playoff team?

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Here we go baby!!!

6 wins in the weak AFC!!!  Find a way to get 3 more and we're in!!!

Whoop Whoop!!!:w00t:

Maybe . It looks like the Ravens may be the fly in the ointment with that record, however. Apparently they may have the upper hand in most tie-breaking scenarios. It's not a slam dunk at 9-7 that the Bills get the final playoff berth. Since that seems to be the ceiling for the Bills likely final record this year, they'd probably need some help to get in. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe . It looks like the Ravens may be the fly in the ointment with that record, however. Apparently they may have the upper hand in most tie-breaking scenarios. It's not a slam dunk at 9-7 that the Bills get the final playoff berth. Since that seems to be the ceiling for the Bills likely final record this year, they'd probably need some help to get in. 

The Titans could be the savior. I think they could go 2-3 and lose out in conference record to us 7-5 to 6-6

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Here we go baby!!!

6 wins in the weak AFC!!!  Find a way to get 3 more and we're in!!!

Whoop Whoop!!!:w00t:

I'm not sure about this. The Ravens really need to lose to the Texans tonight or in the final week vs. Cincy. Unfortunately, they are at home for both these games. If they win those games I don't see them finishing worse than 9-7 as they have Cleveland and Indy on the schedule.

6 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

The Titans could be the savior. I think they could go 2-3 and lose out in conference record to us 7-5 to 6-6

Titans are already 6-4 in the conference. To finish at 6-6 they'd have to lose to both the Jags and Texans. They host the Texans next week, I suppose it's possible but I wouldn't count on that. 

4 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Interesting angle. While 2-3 down the stretch could be considered needing a team to collapse ( under .500 ball the rest of the way) it's not beyond the realm of possibility. The remaining games are HOU, @AZ, @SF, LAR, JAX. The last two, while at home appear pretty tough. 

8 minutes ago, MDH said:

I'm not sure about this. The Ravens really need to lose to the Texans tonight or in the final week vs. Cincy. Unfortunately, they are at home for both these games. If they win those games I don't see them finishing worse than 9-7 as they have Cleveland and Indy on the schedule.

Titans are already 6-4 in the conference. To finish at 6-6 they'd have to lose to both the Jags and Texans. They host the Texans next week, I suppose it's possible but I wouldn't count on that. 

Can't count on anything in the NFL. But, according to the Football Reference Power Ratings both those teams are 5+ pts better than the Titans...Just sayin' it is not unreasonable to think both these division opponents don't beat them...especially since they are likely stronger.

Edited by horned dogs

The AFC being the way it is, we have the best chance at a wild card in a while. And I'm tired of hearing about draft position and giving our backup a try out. Long-term plans are out the window when you can make the playoffs. I don't give a flying **** what out FO's plans are 3 years down the road.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

It's possible the Bills are a "back their way into the playoff's" team. I guess that works for ending the drought, but isn't much good for anything else...

pfffft

if that's all you'll get out of it then you are a pretty sad case. don't bother responding as I wont buy in to anything you post.

if they get in, back in or jump a hurdle or two I'll be not only one happy fan, I'll be relieved that the monkey would finally be off their back.

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

pfffft

if that's all you'll get out of it then you are a pretty sad case. don't bother responding as I wont buy in to anything you post.

if they get in, back in or jump a hurdle or two I'll be not only one happy fan, I'll be relieved that the monkey would finally be off their back.

Simple minds...

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

pfffft

Don't get these guys.

Bills get playoff off experience. Heaven forbid they get confidence. And how can anyone say they don't want to see their team play in the PLAYOFFS. Otherwise what's the point in being a fan. We enjoy watching our team play, particularly in the most meaningful games possible.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Don't get these guys.

Bills get playoff off experience. Heaven forbid they get confidence. And how can anyone say they don't want to see their team play in the PLAYOFFS. Otherwise what's the point in being a fan. We enjoy watching our team play, particularly in the most meaningful games possible.

So would you take a one and done vs. a franchsie QB from next years draft?

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

hahaha yes I'd take a playoff appearance :rolleyes:. And don't call it a one and done please, it's a playoff game.

Steelers got Roethlisberger, next available QB was Losman, just ponder that for a bit...

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Houston! Houston! Houston! Houston! Houston! Houston! Houston! 

Savage! Savage! Savage! Savage! Savage! Savage! Savage!......just had to do that....sorry bout bursting the bubble.....