Has the front office set a record....

Bronxbomber21

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be a NFL record for total trades in a single off season. Leading the NFL has to be the Buffalo Bills new front office...

1. The trade down for White & 1st in 2018

2. The trade up for Zay Jones

3. The trade up for Deon Dawkins

4. Watkins deal

5. Darby deal

6. C.Jones deal

7. Ragland deal

8. Clay deal

Plus is Beane setting a new trend for player for player trades? I don't remember seeing so many players for player deals in resent memory.

If you separate the two. There's always a lot of trades of picks during the draft, with New England known for making a few some years.

As far as player deals, historically there usually haven't been that many and 5 by the Bills is definitely above average for an offseason. My guess is they may also not be done.

I get some of what you are saying but I just don't get why anyone would be so down on a new regime coming in and wanting their own people throughout the organization....on and off the field.

It seems as if so many here are basically shitting all over Beane and McDermott before even giving this a chance.

Because Bean/Dermitt do not have a clue or an eye for talent If you bring your own they better be young and up and coming .....has he traded crap for an all pro player ---answer is no( I don't see a Jerry Hughes on the horizon from this GM) is he getting rid of old players with bloated contracts that's been with the Bills more than 3 yrs answer again is no.( why would Woods or K Williams still be on the team when you are starting something new---- they may have been part of the 17 yr problem) If you was so worried about culture you get rid of the old(roster 4 yrs and up) and keep the young players like what Cleveland is doing..... the Bills was worried about the past scouting dept really. Beane scouting dept just told us that Vlad Duccasse is a viable guard really......Jordan Mills this scouting dept said he was having a strong camp on what planet....... Anquain Bolden 37 they signed Jeremy Maclin 27 better receiver GM couldn't do his job and reel him in after a 2 day visit. Tolbert do we need a 35 yrs old back because he is friends with the coach really I've seen this crap before . Ask Chip Kelly if culture/system is a winning formula No its the ability to acquire talent without giving away your own.... This regime don't have a clue

Edited by liverpoolkev

We had a top 5 defense and top 10 offense within 3 years. The talent was fine. The coaches sucked.

don't forget: #1 RUNNING OFFENSE 2 years in a row! I mean BaJeezuz, when was the last time Bills had #1 in anything GOOD in the league!

I hate to take this "there," but had Whaley been able to choose his own HC, rather than have they Ryan Bros. shoved down his throat - he'd likely have been in the running for exec. of the year.

I'm with you man. I don't know about exec of the year, but he should've had that chance. Pats appreciate him. They've been signing his finds left and right. I think we lost opportunities with Schwartz and then A. Lynn, letting them walk.

I don't understand this Whaley vs Beane debate. It's possible to dislike them both.

This new staff has not earned the benefit of the doubt. The Watkins trade is ridiculous, and defending it requires a ton of mental gymnastics. In it's simplest form, you'd rather have Watkins than EJ Gaines. If you're hyped on the 2nd round pick... how's that worked out for us lately?

I can understand not extending the benefit of the doubt, but have no problem with giving them a chance. I think it's unreasonable to break it down to the simplest form as you see it, if only because there were more players involved.

I'm starting to think they are trying to get every player Whaley drafted off the roster as fast as they can so that in two years if they aren't performing well they can make a stronger case for blaming it on the previous regime.

That's 5 Whaley players traded this off-season all under the age of 24, all playing on rookie contracts, three of which were starting last year and one that we just used 3 picks to draft only one year ago.. (And it was almost 6 players because it seems like they were trying to move on from Miller too except that Ducasse has been terrible)

If we were getting rid of players in their 30s or players with bloated contracts I'd completely understand it, but I don't understand building for the future by getting rid of all of the 22, 23, 24 year old talent on the team.

this

this

I'm surprised you'd agree with this:

I'm starting to think they are trying to get every player Whaley drafted off the roster as fast as they can so that in two years if they aren't performing well they can make a stronger case for blaming it on the previous regime.

You can doubt their decisions but to question their motives as being this cynical and petty is frankly preposterous. There is no evidence that anyone has ever seen that I'm aware of that they have this sort of character.

Right or wrong, I am 99% confident that they are building this team the way they want without these trifling sort of motivations that you agreed with.

You can doubt their decisions but to question their motives as being this cynical and petty is frankly preposterous. There is no evidence that anyone has ever seen that I'm aware of that they have this sort of character.

Right or wrong, I am 99% confident that they are building this team the way they want without these trifling sort of motivations that you agreed with.

I can see where it may appear they have alterior motives, and I enjoy this speculation... but the bottom line is Whaley's drafts were just that bad.

I don't necessarily agree that is the motive. I agree that the whole "fresh start" thing is a little weird when you get rid of talented young players. It's not odd to move on from older vets. What is being done right now doesn't make sense to me.

I can see where it may appear they have alterior motives, and I enjoy this speculation... but the bottom line is Whaley's drafts were just that bad.

That's where the disagreement comes in. Sammy, Darby, Seymour, those guys are players. This team has had PLENTY of talent over the last few years. They just had Rex. They absolutely would have been a playoff team had, virtually any other coach, been leading them. It wasn't the roster.