Tyrod in Concussion protocol (update - Cleared 9/5)

YoloinOhio

Details please? Which games? Which halves?

Since it "happens a lot" should be no problem to provide details.

Pro tip: when you "need to keep scoring", it usually means the D isn't getting the stops they should.

This wasn't directed at me but I wanted to chime in.

Welcome to today's NFL, a QB driven league, last to score wins. Days of total shut down defenses are next to none.

You either keep up or your team is done.

Stick to your rankings and your QBR and have fun. "He protects the ball." He only throws the ball deeper than 5 yards if there's a WR open on the sidelines or if a DB falls down. That's a good way to not throw INTs.

I find watching the Bills win to be more fun.

We can agree to disagree.

And I don't get where these Church of Tyrod parishioners keep incorporating "honesty," into these debates. "Your post is dishonest." It's a !@#$ing opinion, followers. There's no room for honesty or dishonesty.

Lastly, if you read my posts, other than simply focusing on my dishonest opinions of Tyrod Taylor - you'll see that I have maintained that the entire team has stunk over the past two years ... not just Tyrod. I'm not blaming all losses on Tyrod, like you COT parishioners like to blame the defense.

The defense which could never catch its collective breath after Tyrod went 3 and out faster than Usian Bolt can run the hundred.

His only come from behind victory was against the one of the few teams that sucked more than the Bills (TEN) and the only reason we had to come from behind is ... you guessed it ... Tyrod played like a 12 year old girl for the first 58 minutes of the game.

But go ahead an stick to your pretty stats and their 10th ranked this or that.

Wake me up when he does well against a team that's better than a .500 team (I'll give you two - MIA and SEA - both losses, but he played very well).

When you can pick out the few bad games as easily as I can pick out the few good ones, then you'll have my attention.

Otherwise, bless you, my son. Long live the Church of Tyrod Taylor.

In the name of the sack, the incompletion and the unseen open receiver over the middle ... AMEN.

Woop there it is. Wow man very nice post and very well said man. Right on

Edited by xRUSHx

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wasn't directed at me but I wanted to chime in.

Welcome to today's NFL, a QB driven league, last to score wins. Days of total shut down defenses are next to none.

You either keep up or your team is done.

Woop there it is. Wow man very nice post and very well said man. Right on

hahaha,

I 've got to 2nd that,

funny stuff :lol:

I agree with this to great extent.

However, Shady is the difference, IMO. With the Schwartz defense and an offense with LeSean McCoy, this would have been a playoff team with ANY - and I do mean any - QB the Bills have had since Kelly retired.

The defense was not good last year.

This whole "10th in scoring," crap is just that ... crap. 10th in scoring because of garbage time. When you have the best running game in football and you're "10th in scoring," but have the worst passing game in the league - that is when your entire team sucks. Which has been the case for the past two years.

My point is that a significant part of that sucktitude has been at the QB position. Yes - the defense was bad, too. And Special Teams were not good. But that doesn't excuse having the worst passing game in the league.

It's already clear that we need another QB. That's the only point I'm trying to really make, here.

What a weird post. 10th and scoring because of garbage time? Seriously?! And other teams don't get points and garbage time? For that matter, how many points did we score in garbage time?

I hate posts like this that are ill informed :doh:

What a weird post. 10th and scoring because of garbage time? Seriously?! And other teams don't get points and garbage time? For that matter, how many points did we score in garbage time?

I hate posts like this that are ill informed :doh:

If you're 10th in scoring and you have the best running game in the league ... and you end up below .500 ... it points to garbage time. All the time.

If you're 10th in scoring and you have the best running game in the league ... and you end up below .500 ... it points to garbage time. All the time.

Take it for what it is worth... I didn't write this but it's interesting stuff.

It seems like with each passing football season, one topic becomes more and more popular to discuss. Garbage time. People like to talk about which quarterback is the best when the game no longer matters. But there are no real statistics to prove which quarterback is the “king of garbage time”, mainly because nobody really cares enough to find the stats. Well I care, that is why I compiled the data over the last three NFL seasons (starting in 2014 and ending in 2016) to finally prove once and for all who the true king is. But before I reveal my research I think it would be best if I defined “garbage time”.

What is “Garbage Time”.

I admit that I didn’t know what definitively defined garbage time until I began this project. Most NFL fans, writers, and analyst seem to agree that garbage time is defined as a time during a game when the score is so lopsided that one, or both teams, begin to pull starters resulting in much worse quality of play, hence the name garbage time. This is a great definition, but it doesn’t help a whole lot when compiling stats of garbage time TD’s. So, I was forced to kind of make my own parameters. The parameters I laid out are as follows:

If a team is leading by 21 or more at the beginning of the fourth quarter, or leads by 21 or more at any time in the fourth quarter, any touchdown by a QB, running or passing, will be calculated as a garbage time TD.

If a team is leading by 17 or more points with 5:00 minutes or less in the fourth quarter, any touchdown by a QB, running or otherwise, will be calculated as a garbage time TD.

I felt that these parameters were sufficient enough to define “garbage time”, but upon doing my research I came across a few games that didn’t quit fit the parameters, but felt that they were garbage time games regardless. Another piece of useful information is that garbage time only applies in the fourth quarter. There were plenty of games that I came across that were blowouts, games that ended with a margin of three or more scores, but did not qualify as garbage time for a number of reasons including:

No touchdowns were scored in the fourth quarter, a touchdown was scored but it was not scored by a QB, a touchdown was scored, but was not scored within the set parameters defining garbage time.

I only calculated touchdowns scored by quarterbacks as garbage time TD’s. If there was a game where a TD was scored, not by a QB, within the set parameters I calculated the game as a garbage time game, but did not qualify it as a garbage time touchdown.

Hopefully that will help explain the data a little better. Well without further ado here’s what I came up with.

The Results are In.

There was a total of 154 garbage time games over the last 3 seasons. The season with the most garbage time games was the 2016 season with 55. A total of 59 QB’s, plus Willie Snead (making 60 total), threw or ran for a garbage time touchdown over the past 3 seasons. 182 garbage time touchdowns were thrown or ran in by a QB in the last 3 seasons, 32 of which came from QB’s who won the game.

And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the quarterback who has thrown for the most garbage time TD’s over the last 3 seasons is…. Blake Bortles! Bortles leads the NFL in garbage time TD’s with a grand total of 11 over his first 3 seasons, which is 4 more than the next closest QB.

Blake Bortles: 11 TD T-2. Blain Gabbert, Sam Bradford, Drew Brees, Eli Manning: 7 TD

T-6. Ryan Tannehill, Cam Newton, Jay Cutler, Alex Smith: 6 TD

T-10. Carson Palmer, Tyrod Taylor, Arron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger: 5 TD

T-16. Brian Hoyer, David Anderson, Jameis Winston: 4 TD

T-19. Matt Ryan, Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, Derek Carr, Mark Sanchez, Matt McGloin, Tom Brady: 3 TD

T-25. Matthew Stafford, Andy Dalton, Jared Goff, Joe Flacco, Colin Kaepernick, Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo, Ryan Fitzpatrick: 2TD

Well there you have it, the answer to the ultimate question. Blake Bortles is the undisputed king of garbage time. The biggest question now is, will somebody come and take his crown?

Stick to your rankings and your QBR and have fun. "He protects the ball." He only throws the ball deeper than 5 yards if there's a WR open on the sidelines or if a DB falls down. That's a good way to not throw INTs.

I find watching the Bills win to be more fun.

We can agree to disagree.

And I don't get where these Church of Tyrod parishioners keep incorporating "honesty," into these debates. "Your post is dishonest." It's a !@#$ing opinion, followers. There's no room for honesty or dishonesty.

Lastly, if you read my posts, other than simply focusing on my dishonest opinions of Tyrod Taylor - you'll see that I have maintained that the entire team has stunk over the past two years ... not just Tyrod. I'm not blaming all losses on Tyrod, like you COT parishioners like to blame the defense.

The defense which could never catch its collective breath after Tyrod went 3 and out faster than Usian Bolt can run the hundred.

His only come from behind victory was against the one of the few teams that sucked more than the Bills (TEN) and the only reason we had to come from behind is ... you guessed it ... Tyrod played like a 12 year old girl for the first 58 minutes of the game.

But go ahead an stick to your pretty stats and their 10th ranked this or that.

Wake me up when he does well against a team that's better than a .500 team (I'll give you two - MIA and SEA - both losses, but he played very well).

When you can pick out the few bad games as easily as I can pick out the few good ones, then you'll have my attention.

Otherwise, bless you, my son. Long live the Church of Tyrod Taylor.

In the name of the sack, the incompletion and the unseen open receiver over the middle ... AMEN.

I'm going to help you out here. You seem to think you're never dishonest but you have two good examples right here.

1) Your 3 and out comment is obviously hyperbolic, but boy is it misleading. The first two games of the season we were really bad in terms of 3 and outs. After that the offense under Taylor was actually in the top half of the league in 3 and out percentage. I don't know if you're trying to just be more of a funny man here or actually say something true, but if it's the latter, you're dishonest.

2) You left out the Jacksonville game. That was also a come from behind victory. Dishonesty. Or you just forgot. Either way, that statement was false, along with Taylor being "the only reason" for the team being down in that game.

I could throw in a third dishonest aspect here, but I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you were just referring to 2016 when you were talking about Taylor playing well against winning teams. He played very well against the 2015 Houston Texans, and eventual playoff team. In fact, he let a game-winning drive at the end of fourth-quarter in the game :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I'm going to help you out here. You seem to think you're never dishonest but you have two good examples right here.

1) Your three and out, and is obviously hyperbolic, but boy is it misleading. The first two games of the season we're really bad in terms of three and out. After that the offense under Taylor was actually in the top half of the leave in three and out percentage. I don't know if you're trying to just be more of a funny man here or actually say something true, but if it's the latter, you're dishonest.

2) You left out the Jacksonville game. That was also a come from behind victory. Dishonesty. Or you just forgot. Either way, that statement was false, along with Taylor being "the only reason" for the team being down in that game.

I could throw in a third diss honest aspect here, but I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you were just referring to 2016 when you were talking about Taylor playing well against winning teams. He played very well against the 2015 Houston Texans, and eventual playoff team. In fact, he let a game-winning drive at the end of fourth-quarter in the game :flirt:

I'm sorry. Yes. Tyrod Taylor came back against Jacksonville.

Starter???? !@#$ that. Get him a yellow jacket and a bronze bust.

To make sure everyone's clear ... the 2nd italicized paragraph was solely Joe B.'s words ... not Beane's.

They've also been pretty much my words as well. He has made some really nice passes but he's also made quite a few blunders and horrid passes. Give him some time. While somewhat promising, he's got a lot of work to do.

I liked when Beane said pretty much the same thing.

We go through this with every new QB we get. I remember threads comparing Trent Edwards to Joe Montana and calling for Tuel Time to start. Even EJ was hailed as the bees knees after his first few pre season games.

RELAX

My God ... are you guys all on a group text, or something?

Your posting on this topic is dishonest and silly, really. And yes , in 2015, the Bills could have won the AFC South. i broke down why, but you refused to answer yesterday.

I'm sorry. Yes. Tyrod Taylor came back against Jacksonville.

Starter???? !@#$ that. Get him a yellow jacket and a bronze bust.

Maybe Peterman becomes a gem of a pick, but right now, completing 50% of his passes in preseason and cannot throw deep, sounds like a solid backup in this league,maybe, not full time starter. You should open your field of vision a little bit more. And no, don't reply with another silly post stating that we think TT is an elite QB.

Your posting on this topic is dishonest and silly, really. And yes , in 2015, the Bills could have won the AFC South. i broke down why, but you refused to answer yesterday.

Maybe Peterman becomes a gem of a pick, but right now, completing 50% of his passes in preseason and cannot throw deep, sounds like a solid backup in this league,maybe, not full time starter. You should open your field of vision a little bit more. And no, don't reply with another silly post stating that we think TT is an elite QB.

I see Peterman for what he is. A gigantic question mark.

The only reason I would rather see him start is that we already know what we've got in Tyrod. Peterman might be better. And that still might not be good enough. My point is that I'd rather see what we've got in Peterman, than see more of what we know we've got in Taylor.

I also never accused anyone for thinking Tyrod is elite.

To be fair plenty of his post is correct

The Champions of Taylor don't want to hear a rookie with a noodle arm plays better in the pocket in a vanilla offense than the 7 year vet does

Some get downright nasty and resort to name calling.

Personally I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. That said the "CoT" stuff is stupid and an unnecessary add to an opinion.

Personally I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. That said the "CoT" stuff is stupid and an unnecessary add to an opinion.

I agree with Church of.

Champions of on the other hand is fitting and not insulting.

It is a harmless play on words, due to how some users worship Tyrod Taylor. It's light-hearted and there's nothing disrespectful about it.