Kony Ealy released by Pats

It's the beginning of the end of the Belichick-Brady era. Brady goes down with a major, career-ending injury this year and Belichick retires at the end of the season. Even Brady is not immune from Father Time. The Bills begin a long playoff run starting in 2018.

Do you honestly feel Bill retires soon? or after Brady leaves?

I don't.

But i do not mind being wrong in this case

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly feel Bill retires soon? or after Brady leaves?

I don't.

But i do not mind being wrong in this case

It wouldn't surprise me. As fit and as nutritionally sound as Brady is, he is still 41.

And without Brady, Belichick will not win and would be smart to retire. He is like Phil Jackson: good as long as you have Jordan and Pippen, but then was smart enough to retire, until another pre-made team came along with Shaq and Kobe ready for him to lead to NBA titles.

Edited by mileena

It wouldn't surprise me. As fit and as nutritionally sound as Brady is, he is still 41.

And without Brady, Belichick will not win and would be smart to retire. He is like Phil Jackson: good as long as you have Jordan and Pippen, but then was smart enough to retire, until he had a pre-made team with Shaq and Kobe ready for him.

Be delighted to watch all this happen asap.

who then Coaches the Patriots then?

The nuts never fall far from the Tree

This is the one year I don't want to see Brady go down. Id rather see Jimmy leave the pats. Our luck Brady gets hurt and he comes in and wins a superbowl and were stuck playing against him for the next 10 years.

Good point. But Garoppolo doesn't scare me like Brady. He is good, but what are the chances he is another Brady? More like another Cassel.

Ahem.

#Badol foresaw this in a thread here last week. :flirt:

Would be a very worthwhile low risk pickup.......elite pass rusher traits.......right scheme.......playing for a contract.

You have always been a fan. I am not sure he is a technician got the physical traits but I think you need more than that to excel in the NFL.

But as a free agent? I'd definitely consider bringing him in. Upgrade on Eddie and Ryan Davies.

The Bills might be interested given the previous affiliation with McDermott as Panthers' DC.

he would be a depth guy here and a lot different then Hughes. Hughes has been playing very well but it looks like Lawson is getting attention

Nonetheless, ealy was a reach after the Bills took the guy they wanted

This is the best caliber player you can get at this time of year. Already knows the defense, won't have a steep learning curve, and can be serviceable depth. Added benefit of knowing the Patriots playbook. Won't be surprised if the Bills claim him

the Bills are 10th in line for waivers...if they want him, they have to hope that none of the 9 teams that drafted before them put a claim in

They may not get him but I would be pretty surprised if they don't at least submit a claim

They may not get him but I would be pretty surprised if they don't at least submit a claim

me too...I guess it comes down to 1- whats his contract look like?...2 - do the two guys that should know him best on the Bills think he's good enough or worth it?...and 3 - is he better then Davis for what he costs?

Are the panthers in front of us? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goes by draft order (before trades), so yes they are:

1- Browns

2 - 49ers

3 - Bears

4 - Jax

5 - Rams

6 - Jets

7 - Chargers

8 - Panthers

9 - Bengals

10 - Bills

if any other team besides these first 9 get a player then we know Bills didnt even place a claim in for said player

Edited by Tsaikotic

Only traded for him a few months ago but...

@MikeGarafolo

Patriots are releasing DE Kony Ealy, source said. Tried him in their scheme. Not a similar style to Ninkovich so it didn't work out.

Wait everyone stated the HC is supposed to adapt theschemr to his players.... yikes