So quick to label Tyrod not a fit

cover1

My rant on the offense--Team lacks deep threats, so explosive plays will be at a minimum, but fans already calling for TT to be replaced for a QB that struggles to throw down the field if it isn't his first read. So take out TT who can help create explosives, extend plays? IF the OL is as bad in pass pro as they have looked and no WRs to separate, how will NP play? Does he possess the escapability that TT does? Will he have the same impact in the run game and most importantly the RZ? Bills were a very good RZ team bc of TT in the pistol, as a dual threat, he helped open rush lanes. Couple things I learned at the scouting academy studying QBs and players in general. There is no true west coast offense. So for people to say he isn't a fit in Dennison's offense it is completely overblown. I have watched every pass by Siemian, he was asked to run a lot of the same concepts TT was under A Lynn, a former Shanahan player. Offenses nowadays are such an amalgamation of concepts and beliefs to maximize or minimize personnel. Daily, I hear he isn't a fit bc..then all of his weaknesses are listed. That's the easy part. Tell us what he does well. Much more difficult, the bad always shows easier on film. Find the good, determine if the coaches are maximizing or minimizing those traits. Why was Peterman a good fit when they drafted him? A lot of those same traits u see in TT. Even some of the negatives have parallels. I like Peterman. But I don't think he will have the impact the offense will need this year w all things considered. I won't admit whether he is the future or not either. Loved what OC Canada did for him at Pitt. Did a great job of maximizing/minimizing. But to think that it can be replicated at the NFL level is being a little naive. The staff will attempt to maximize his skills in this offense and there have been far less talented players to hold their own in this offense. If and when TT struggles and is replaced it won't be bc he isn't a fit for the Dennison offense. Those very same issues we saw the last two years will still be there. If he can't be an efficient passer in this system, a system that really caters to athletic QBs and produces highly efficient run games...

Then he would have failed bc of who he is, not because he didn't fit the so called west coast offense.

http://www.cover1.net/2017/08/tyrod-taylor-its-the-throws-he-doesnt-make/

The Bills could be a big surprise this year.

But the BIG problem for me is that I don't like Taylor and I think he will be benched during the year for the rookie.

I see this a mile away. But if Taylor surprises me, game on.

The Bills could be a big surprise this year.

But the BIG problem for me is that I don't like Taylor and I think he will be benched during the year for the rookie.

I see this a mile away. But if Taylor surprises me, game on.

This^^ and so do a lot of people.

.....the QB spot has been OBD's TOP enigma since the Kelly era.....drafts, signings, coaching, offensive design, etc.....as big a patchwork mess as FO/Administration since Polian left...EJ and TT had less than smooth starts in Buffalo.....the Kolb mess, Orton showing up in August, EJ thrown to the wolves green, lacking sorely in confidence and being able to read the field (great coaching too)...TT comes in to yet another coaching mess...Roman goes ballistic with Cassell trade so we'll never know how much he was enamored with TT as his QB......Wrecks fingers him with firing and Lynn is caught in the cross fire.....hard to find a better "cluster-f*" out there...the kid is here and under contract.....and with this being his "make it or break it" year, wipe the slate clean and see what Dennison can do......overcoming his ability to process the entire field in <5 seconds is a legitimate concern for me...maybe it's cerebral, maybe its his height, maybe it's...who the hell knows?......so Dennison knows what he has and what he needs to do.......and forget all of the stats crap.....sure the Wrecks train wreck defense had a hand in 7-9 (shades of Dickie Jauron yawners) , but being #10 ranked offense is a ruse as far as overall contribution when called upon other than running game....so untie your knotted nylons, prevent azul pelotas and let the games begin...........

My rant on the offense--Team lacks deep threats, so explosive plays will be at a minimum, but fans already calling for TT to be replaced for a QB that struggles to throw down the field if it isn't his first read. So take out TT who can help create explosives, extend plays? IF the OL is as bad in pass pro as they have looked and no WRs to separate, how will NP play? Does he possess the escapability that TT does? Will he have the same impact in the run game and most importantly the RZ? Bills were a very good RZ team bc of TT in the pistol, as a dual threat, he helped open rush lanes. Couple things I learned at the scouting academy studying QBs and players in general. There is no true west coast offense. So for people to say he isn't a fit in Dennison's offense it is completely overblown. I have watched every pass by Siemian, he was asked to run a lot of the same concepts TT was under A Lynn, a former Shanahan player. Offenses nowadays are such an amalgamation of concepts and beliefs to maximize or minimize personnel. Daily, I hear he isn't a fit bc..then all of his weaknesses are listed. That's the easy part. Tell us what he does well. Much more difficult, the bad always shows easier on film. Find the good, determine if the coaches are maximizing or minimizing those traits. Why was Peterman a good fit when they drafted him? A lot of those same traits u see in TT. Even some of the negatives have parallels. I like Peterman. But I don't think he will have the impact the offense will need this year w all things considered. I won't admit whether he is the future or not either. Loved what OC Canada did for him at Pitt. Did a great job of maximizing/minimizing. But to think that it can be replicated at the NFL level is being a little naive. The staff will attempt to maximize his skills in this offense and there have been far less talented players to hold their own in this offense. If and when TT struggles and is replaced it won't be bc he isn't a fit for the Dennison offense. Those very same issues we saw the last two years will still be there. If he can't be an efficient passer in this system, a system that really caters to athletic QBs and produces highly efficient run games...

Then he would have failed bc of who he is, not because he didn't fit the so called west coast offense.

I just need to see it

I am a Tyrod Taylor fan....people dont seem to want to admit that the point total counts the same if the qb throws for 200 yards throws 2 tds and runs for 2 as the same as qb that throws for 300 and throws 4 touchdowns

Just just is not conventional. He need to find a way to stay consistant and make plays when they are needed the most.

First off, I appreciate your contributions to the board. You're great at what you do and I look forward to all of your videos.

I feel that "most" people that are calling for peterman are doing so because they don't see us in contention this season and that Tyrod will probably be on a different team next season. They'd rather see what peterman can do (we've already seen what TT can do) if we weren't going to contend. I believe starting peterman to start the season would be a huge mistake, but if after a few games, if the offense is stuck in the mud, hand the keys over and see what he can do. Makes a lot of sense to me

I just need to see it

I am a Tyrod Taylor fan....people dont seem to want to admit that the point total counts the same if the qb throws for 200 yards throws 2 tds and runs for 2 as the same as qb that throws for 300 and throws 4 touchdowns

Just just is not conventional. He need to find a way to stay consistant and make plays when they are needed the most.

If he did that it would be awesome.

Problem is he doesn't score 4 TDs a game. He doesn't even score 3

I think the other side is saying that Peterman is a more natural fit for the kind of offense that Dennison likes to run however you label it ("West Coast" or whatever). And they may actually be right. C.Biscuit97 makes some good points in another thread.

The thing is, we don't actually know what kind of offense Rico wants to run. He's never ran his own show before, despite previously having an OC title. Cover1 ~ you're a great film analysis guy (I think it's super cool you went to the scouting academy) but you can't dissect film that doesn't yet exist. TT may very well be a good fit for the offense that Dennison is masterminding for the Bills. But we'll only find out for sure when the season gets under way.

So I think it's a little premature to argue about whether or not TT is a good fit for Dennison's offense when none of us knows what a Bills-Dennison offense looks like.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Actually....yes he does (no qb scores that many every game)

Well obviously no QB has 64 TDs in a season.

But usually there are 4-8 QBs who throw for 32TDs.. TT hasn't reached that threshold yet in combined TDs

Edited by Buffalo716

Ok then he just isnt a good QB then

LMAO Bobby spot on. 7th year and this guy still stinks. He is a good backup at best. I have never understood many Bills fans. They lock onto a guy who isn't good and keep trying to polish turds.

These guys need a real franchise QB so they can finally understand the crap the Org. has put out there for about 17 years now

If he did that it would be awesome.

Problem is he doesn't score 4 TDs a game. He doesn't even score 3

Nobody scores 3 a game, even combined.

Last year 7 QBs scored 2 a game combined Passing & Rushing.

Rodgers

Brees

Ryan

Brady

Luck

Big Ben

Rivers

He isn't any of those QBs.

Over the past 2 years he's averaged 1.62 TDs per game, which puts him in a range with Flacco, Tannehill, Dalton, Winston, and Wilson.

Nobody scores 3 a game, even combined.

Last year 7 QBs scored 2 a game combined Passing & Rushing.

Rodgers

Brees

Ryan

Brady

Luck

Big Ben

Rivers

He isn't any of those QBs.

Over the past 2 years he's averaged 1.62 TDs per game, which puts him in a range with Flacco, Tannehill, Dalton, Winston, and Wilson.

Well there has definitely been a few guys to throw for 48+ TDs

Obviously not normal but it's happened