Does Stevie Johnson want back?

billspro

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I could see it working. Let Stevie freelance into the soft spots, which could give Tyrod a bonus outlet when he breaks the pocket. Probably take several games to really come together, but might just work... surprisingly well.

I actually agree with you.

Now, I realize he doesn't fit the system, but I think he fits the Quarterback. Tyrod is a "see it now throw it" guy, he does not throw with anticipation. Stevie is a "get open" guy, and that just might work if Tryod sees him open, particularly on broken plays.

Now, is he the same guy at 31? I certainly don't know. But if he wants to play, why not give him a workout?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be fine with checking him out. it wouldn't hurt to have him in the preseason. give him a 1 year deal on the cheap and see what happens. maybe he gets cut before the season, maybe he adds to the team. not going to hurt to see.

...posted it many times before.....kid's head was not screwed on straight......the Roch-Cha-Cha gang knows he was to appear at Van Bortel Ford for pictures and autograph signings.....no-showed at the last minute with some BS story.....dog at the mapquest....wife ate the dog.......freakin' limo driver's fault.....yada yada......so the ULTIMATE class guy Fred Ex shows up to bail his sorry azz out and stays until EVERY last Buffalo fan got an autograph......

...posted it many times before.....kid's head was not screwed on straight......the Roch-Cha-Cha gang knows he was to appear at Van Bortel Ford for pictures and autograph signings.....no-showed at the last minute with some BS story.....dog at the mapquest....wife ate the dog.......freakin' limo driver's fault.....yada yada......so the ULTIMATE class guy Fred Ex shows up to bail his sorry azz out and stays until EVERY last Buffalo fan got an autograph.....AT NO CHARGE.......

But with noodle-armed Fitz as QB, the majority of his receptions were quick short hits. Stevie didn't have deep speed.

Except that noodle arm made lots of 40 yard plus throws.

Stevie and Fitz were good combination for Stevie used to do things to shake CBs and Fitz was mentally fast enough to adjust.

I actually agree with you.

Now, I realize he doesn't fit the system, but I think he fits the Quarterback. Tyrod is a "see it now throw it" guy, he does not throw with anticipation. Stevie is a "get open" guy, and that just might work if Tryod sees him open, particularly on broken plays.

Now, is he the same guy at 31? I certainly don't know. But if he wants to play, why not give him a workout?

Because many people have seen him play and think they do know that he can no longer?

He would probably suffer a groin pull first practice and miss 6 weeks ;)

What has he done since he left Buffalo? is that the player the Bills would get? my best guess is yes a slow diminished talent WR.

Fitzpatrick & Stevie J had flaws that complemented each other perfectly: Stevie ran crazy routes, and Fitz was more likely to throw the ball to the wrong spot than the right one. A truly great tandem, rivaling the likes of Montana & Rice.