Complete the tank, McBean. Do it.

No surprise that the players aren't buying into the idea.

@MatthewFairburn

Eric Wood says 'tanking' is not in the Buffalo Bills' vocabulary:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/eric_wood_says_tanking_is_not_in_the_buffalo_bills_vocabulary.html

Neither are "playoffs", "winning" and "championships."

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

When you haven't made the playoffs in 17 years why not try something new like "Tanking"??? You mean things could get worse???

have you sat through consecutive seasons of 2-14, 2-14 and 4-12? Yes, it could get much worse

have you sat through consecutive seasons of 2-14, 2-14 and 4-12? Yes, it could get much worse

As a matter of FACT, I most certainly have. I saw my 1st game at the Old Rockpile, so you need not bring up this teams putrid history to me. I have seen it all. I was at "The Stadium in Orchard Park" when it first opened. I still have that ceremonial fake coin they distributed to us all at that 1st game. So what's your point??? 2-14 sounds like a good record for the Bills this season. Good as in giving the Bills a good shot at one of those young QB's we hear so much about. I'd be very happy to see that happen. Much better than 6-10 or 7-9....

As a matter of FACT, I most certainly have. I saw my 1st game at the Old Rockpile, so you need not bring up this teams putrid history to me. I have seen it all. I was at "The Stadium in Orchard Park" when it first opened. I still have that ceremonial fake coin they distributed to us all at that 1st game. So what's your point??? 2-14 sounds like a good record for the Bills this season. Good as in giving the Bills a good shot at one of those young QB's we hear so much about. I'd be very happy to see that happen. Much better than 6-10 or 7-9....

My point is that it is difficult to come back from those kinds of seasons....fans stop attending games, buying merchandise, people stop caring....and it's very depressing and not much hope watching a team lose that much.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I’ve never hidden the fact I was pro tank, and yes I enjoyed making the playoffs. So what’s your point?

Wasn't directed at you. Looking back at some of the comments with the benefit of hindsight is hysterical. It's actually a fun read now.