This season already feels very much like 2012

I remember in 2012 there was a lot of high expectations for the team but it became one of the most forgettable seasons in recent memory. I myself was pretty optimistic that year. Similarities I already see:

-The Bills were 0-4 in 2012 in the pre-season so far were 0-2. I know it's pre-season but I remember saying it that year as well.

-In the QB spot Fitz looked shaky that whole pre-season just like Tyrod does now

-Back in 2012 I remember somewhere in Buffalo they were at the time burning all things that reminded us of the years 1999-2012 such as Drew Bledsoe and Lynch jerseys. In the same way this year feels like were cleansing ourselves from Rex & Marrone.

-In 2012 the first game was against the Jets. In 2017 the first game is against the Jets as well. The outcome was ugly in 2012 and I still consider it one of the worst games of the drought.

Look I really really hope I'm wrong and everyone can get some good laughs at my expense at the end of the year. But based on the pre-season that year I'm not feeling too good.

I didn't expect us to make the playoffs. I expected sammy to be hurt and or gone either way in the offseason, so no major losses for me. I am glad we got a good pick in return for Sammy and personally hope we have 3 wins or less. I want a franchise QB FINALLY and high draft picks for Beane.

I remember in 2012 there was a lot of high expectations for the team but it became one of the most forgettable seasons in recent memory. I myself was pretty optimistic that year. Similarities I already see:

-The Bills were 0-4 in 2012 in the pre-season so far were 0-2. I know it's pre-season but I remember saying it that year as well.

-In the QB spot Fitz looked shaky that whole pre-season just like Tyrod does now

-Back in 2012 I remember somewhere in Buffalo they were at the time burning all things that reminded us of the years 1999-2012 such as Drew Bledsoe and Lynch jerseys. In the same way this year feels like were cleansing ourselves from Rex & Marrone.

-In 2012 the first game was against the Jets. In 2017 the first game is against the Jets as well. The outcome was ugly in 2012 and I still consider it one of the worst games of the drought.

Look I really really hope I'm wrong and everyone can get some good laughs at my expense at the end of the year. But based on the pre-season that year I'm not feeling too good.

How is this like 2012?

In your opening sentence, you suggest there were a lot of high expectations in 2012.

Where are the high expectations this year?

We look squarely like a 4-6 win team.

We already know that OBD isn't going all out to win this season after the trades they made last week.

Relax man. How about waiting until we're about six or seven games in before deciding what kind of team this will be.

...if expectations were ONLY limited to 2012.....look at the 17 year drought and numerous posts on various web sites....14-2, 13-3, 12-4, 11-5, 10-6....."yup this is it".. "the drought is over"....".playoffs are FINALLY here"....yada yada.....17 years of coming up empty handed.....will it end in 2017 or 2018?....who knows....BUT....find a MORE resilient fan base that fills the stadium (Rich, The Ralph, The Hat) every home game....that AIN'T happenin'...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

The way the Philly starting D destroyed our O, the Jets game could get really ugly with their D crushing our O. It would probably come down to the team with the better special teams as both D's could dominate equally. Hopefully we're saving our real O for the regular season and destroy the Jets.

Go Bills!!!!!

The way the Philly starting D destroyed our O, the Jets game could get really ugly with their D crushing our O. It would probably come down to the team with the better special teams as both D's could dominate equally. Hopefully we're saving our real O for the regular season and destroy the Jets.

Go Bills!!!!!

....easy Big DAWG...they SWEPT us last year when the masses had those games penciled as two easy "W's"....hmmmmm..................

How is this like 2012?

In your opening sentence, you suggest there were a lot of high expectations in 2012.

Where are the high expectations this year?

We look squarely like a 4-6 win team.

Maybe I overacted a wee bit writing this. However, there was the belief in the offseason McDermott would enforce more discipline than Rex and would go back to the 4-3 defensive system that worked. Since we won 7 games last season, I thought all the offense would have to do is stay status quo and we could be looking at a 10 win playoff team.

This team has much more talent on the roster than that team had. Imo.

Watching the 2 preseason games I had that same old sinking feeling. But you know what? They are just that.....preseason. We have a smart GM and a dedicated coach and yeah they made a huge wave when they traded Sammy and Ron, but they knew that without some new talent (better?) picked up in the draft, there was no end in site for the playoff drought. Stock piling draft picks is a great way to have leverage to wheel and deal. New England does it all the time. Not to mention the Bills will find that diamond in the rough through the draft eventually. Yeah it gets frustrating waiting for the time has come scenario but I think there could be light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully that light is not a train coming in the other side! GO BILLS!