keeping an eye on Cardale

Commish

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cold!

There are a lot of people on this board who aren't in Buffalo. And also not smart. ;)

We keep coming back for more mediocrity of course we aren't smart. We spend years arguing with each other about which career backup can break the playoff drought.

Maybe I'm biased but as an OSU fan, Cardale was clearly the #1 overall and best QB prospect both in 2015 and 2016. He was a HoF talent held back. I don't know if you heard, but he won 3 college football games, including a championship, his first year starting. Yes, he was third string behind JT Barrett, but he was a HoF talent. Trust me, I went to OSU.

agree they just hated on him in Buffalo because he has a way better upside than all of the QB they had, including 2 vets. You can't teach height...

😂

I guess Noogie's never heard of sarcasm...

Edited by BillsFan4

Physically Cardale is everything you want in a QB. Big body, great arm and good legs for a man his size. Yet when it comes to reading defenses and analyzing things he's not that good. It's why he was regulated to 3rd on Ohio State's depth chart, got benched by Ohio State and ended up being a 4th round pick by the Bills. I don't expect him to all of sudden get "it" this year but if he does in a few years we'll al be lamenting the trade. Yet I doubt he ever does as seen guys with more QB sklls fail (see RJ and EJ) so ultimately rather we cut bait sooner than later.

......think you could remove CARDALE and insert MANUEL as the description fits......sounds like a Whaley pattern????...........

......think you could remove CARDALE and insert MANUEL as the description fits......sounds like a Whaley pattern????...........

:-) greetings and yes definitely a pattern *nods* good to read u

We keep coming back for more mediocrity of course we aren't smart. We spend years arguing with each other about which career backup can break the playoff drought.

it's called the diehard sickness a mental malady yepper :thumbsup:

Physically Cardale is everything you want in a QB. Big body, great arm and good legs for a man his size. Yet when it comes to reading defenses and analyzing things he's not that good. It's why he was regulated to 3rd on Ohio State's depth chart, got benched by Ohio State and ended up being a 4th round pick by the Bills. I don't expect him to all of sudden get "it" this year but if he does in a few years we'll al be lamenting the trade. Yet I doubt he ever does as seen guys with more QB sklls fail (see RJ and EJ) so ultimately rather we cut bait sooner than later.

Sure, because all of Urban Meyers' qb's are so awesome at reading defenses.

If Cardale would have gone into the nfl after the national championship run, it would have been better for his professional career; he didn't. By staying in school would he get it completed and graduate on time? No, he didn't. He needs to be a professional and commit to becoming an nfl qb in order to take the next step, and that step is to EARN more game playing time on the practice field. Hopefully Rivers can teach him because I think the sky's the limit with this guy if he wants it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not surprised he made the cut. He is their developmental guy for now at least. From what I saw of him in ps he seemed to be doing pretty much everything coach was asking him to do i.e. not too much. Didn't really stretch the field and of course is raw but was pretty accurate underneath, hit the seams a couple of times and showed off his arm strength on a few out patterns and sideline throws when he was out of options and under pressure. Sure it was against lower level competition but I think he still looked ok. I realize he's a longshot but I'm pulling for the kid and not just because of the comp. Likeable young man.

I'm not surprised he made the cut. He is their developmental guy for now at least. From what I saw of him in ps he seemed to be doing pretty much everything coach was asking him to do i.e. not too much. Didn't really stretch the field and of course is raw but was pretty accurate underneath, hit the seams a couple of times and showed off his arm strength on a few out patterns and sideline throws when he was out of options and under pressure. Sure it was against lower level competition but I think he still looked ok. I realize he's a longshot but I'm pulling for the kid and not just because of the comp. Likeable young man.

...he made the cut as well as EJ...so far...............

Yet people wanted to start him over Tyrod just like people now want to start Peterman.

At least Peterman was good enough to be the starter on his COLLEGE TEAM. Peterman was widely considered as the most NFL ready QB in his draft class.

Cardale was NOT.

The idea that a college 3rd stringer would be an NFL starter was a reach to say the least.

Again - EJ Manuel, top Collegiate starter. Cardale Jones, the 3rd stringer on his college team who started only after the first two guys were injured.

Edited by BobChalmers