Bills GM Brandon Beane 'annoyed' by tanking talk

YoloinOhio

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They deserve at least 3 even if it won't be fun for fans initially. I don't really love their treatment of Sammy which was outrageously dumb and emotional. I had liked pretty much everything else they were doing and it seemed to make sense. Even the Darby trade made sense once the Sammy debacle had been completed. In isolation the Darby trade was good and showed forward thinking.

I bolded "had" in the previous section because Beane's verbal smackdown of fans for having the gaul to think we are tanking when we GAVE AWAY OUR BEST PLAYER for future assets was unnecessary and insulting. No GM or coach is perfect so it is not the end of the world but I sure hope he learns to stop being a douche bag and blatantly talking down to the fan base. Talking down subtly is necessary at times, but this was blatant even to casual fans.

I scanned his feed. Not sure he knows a lot of insider information.

Exactly. He saying he is annoyed certainly rankled me and even a few days later, I cant get over it for the reasons you stated. He has proven nothing as a GM so far. Poor press conferences are something that Whaley used to regularly get trashed for. Beane's start is no better and the pressure will get worse if the team underperforms. He needs to understand the public aspect of his job real soon.

Huh. I didn't take it that way at all. I thought he was referring more to the media, not fans.

I kinda liked that he was annoyed by the tanking talk. I thought he made some good points as to why they weren't tanking. The Jets are tanking. Cleveland tanked. The Bills are not tanking.

As far as his press conferences, I don't see how they could even be put in the same ballpark as Whaley's, IMO anyway. Whaley has some big time trouble with public speaking. I thought Beane has been better than Whaley by miles... His public speaking ability was one of the first things I noticed about him.

Edited by BillsFan4

No where in that piece is there anything remotely suggesting that Beane stated "I'm annoyed by my customers" or "I'm annoyed by my fans."

So now you have two options:

1. Provide a link to a source that proves Beane stated "I'm annoyed by my customers/fans."

OR

2. Admit you made it up

The whole thing is Beane whining and denying tanking. He uses the word annoyed. By whom is he annoyed. Are you saying if he thought it was only the press he wouldn't have used the term "the press". If it isn't solely the press then it is his customers. Edited by 4merper4mer

They are doing the opposite. Stripping talent and preparing for a bad season. Stupid, but Billsy.

How are we "stripping talent"? I understand the Sammy trade, but what else? Why did we sign Boldin if we are "stripping talent"? Why did we resign Hotrod. Why did we trade for Matthews? Why are we holding onto McCoy?

I just don't see it. I think we're doing both. Building for the future AND trying to win as many games as we can this year.

The whole thing is Beane whining and denying tanking. He uses the word annoyed. By whom is he annoyed. Are you saying if he thought it was only the press he wouldn't have used the term "the press". If it isn't solely the press then it is his customers.

Thank you for admitting you made it up.

Yea I think BADOL said getting a new, first time head coach off to a good start with talent is important.

They are doing the opposite. Stripping talent and preparing for a bad season. Stupid, but Billsy.

It's a bold strategy Cotton, lets see how it turns out.