Saints Shopping CB Delvin Breaux

MAJBobby

I dont know much about him. But my Buddy that is a Saints fan likes him alot. And we do have ??? At CB.

Is a young player

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.canalstreetchronicles.com/platform/amp/2017/8/14/16143176/new-orleans-saints-shopping-cb-delvin-breaux-dennis-allen-nfl-trade-rumors-report

After a stellar 2015 campaign and overcoming a major life-threatening injury, Breaux appeared in six games for the Saints in 2016, and didnt really look the same after breaking his fibula in the teams opener against the Raiders. Underhill also notes that there are several teams interested in the would-be starting cornerback for Dennis Allens defense.

Edited by MAJBobby

I dont know much about him. But my Buddy that is a Saints fan likes him alot. And we do have ??? At CB.

Is a young player

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.canalstreetchronicles.com/platform/amp/2017/8/14/16143176/new-orleans-saints-shopping-cb-delvin-breaux-dennis-allen-nfl-trade-rumors-report

After a stellar 2015 campaign and overcoming a major life-threatening injury, Breaux appeared in six games for the Saints in 2016, and didnt really look the same after breaking his fibula in the teams opener against the Raiders. Underhill also notes that there are several teams interested in the would-be starting cornerback for Dennis Allens defense.

He has overcome a lot. Breaux is a great story. He had a great 2015 out of nowhere but struggled some in 2016. They are questioning his desire some down here. He's a nice player when right and absolutely fits the "high character" profile. I'd probably pass at this point though. I'd be curious to hear NoSaints take...

He has overcome a lot. Breaux is a great story. He had a great 2015 out of nowhere but struggled some in 2016. They are questioning his desire some down here. He's a nice player when right and absolutely fits the "high character" profile. I'd probably pass at this point though. I'd be curious to hear NoSaints take...

He had a great 2015 and struggled in 2016 huh?

He's still battling an injury and that's why the Saints are floating his name out there. He's been slow to get back and is still wearing a pad on his leg. They were saying on the radio today that he doesn't look right.

Sounds like he'd fit right in. Go fet him!

I like the story more than the player I think... I don't dislike the player but I think the fans give him a ton of leeway because of a combo of the story and because other corners have been terrible. To put my grading of his talent into terms here: i liked him more than NRC, but less than Gilmore or Darby.

but it's hard to judge anyone on that defense. Something just does not work and it's hard to put a finger on who/what are the problems.

He had a great 2015 and struggled in 2016 huh?

Even the great 2015 had a ton of penalties, and gave up some big plays... but he had no help and was pretty darn raw so all in all he had a good year. But I've always struggled with the word great on him.

I like the story more than the player I think... I don't dislike the player but I think the fans give him a ton of leeway because of a combo of the story and because other corners have been terrible. To put my grading of his talent into terms here: i liked him more than NRC, but less than Gilmore or Darby.

but it's hard to judge anyone on that defense. Something just does not work and it's hard to put a finger on who/what are the problems.

He also gets leeway as a New Orleans kid. I'd agree with how you have him ranked. I don't know if he will ever be fully healthy though.

Even the great 2015 had a ton of penalties, and gave up some big plays... but he had no help and was pretty darn raw so all in all he had a good year. But I've always struggled with the word great on him.

My point was about Darby, who had a good '15 and a bad '16. Seems like churning if they go get a corner with the same recent history.