LA Times EJ Gaines Article 7/31

Well... I don't mean to be a downer. But, I wouldn't take anything the LA Times says about any member of the LA Rams with anything but a large dose of salty eye roll.

The Rams have been a slow-motion train wreck since landing in LA (and before). The LA Times have been writing puff pieces about them ever since their arrival. But, who knows? Maybe Jared Goff really is the Rams' savior they have been reporting?

so to summarize.. the LA times is fake news.. **gasp**

Trump says the same thing about CNN. Pick the source you want to believe.

If you're from LA.. who is a legit source on the Rams?

Edited by Idandria

This should be fairly obvious to most people. The talent they got back was not as great as the talent they let go.

Gaines is not the key to this trade. The draft picks are.

And what's the key to that draft? The QB.

Although if we DO get a quality player out of it.....so much the better.

At one time Gaines was a up and comer

all the piece said was Gaines finally feels healthy, hopes to be back to previous form, and is competing for the second cb role. In addition, I'm sure there are several writers who cover the Rams, and, much like in buffalo, some are good and some are not.

I wouldn't call the LA Times fake news. It's a legit newspaper. But, local newspapers write puff pieces on their players all the time. Buffalo is no exception. Los Angeles would love for Goff to reach his draft expectations, and the LA Times reflects that. Is The Buffalo News a legit source on the Bills? To a degree. But, they're biased towards their team, just like we all are. The Rams have the distinction that they are trying to find their identity, and the biases that the local media have will reflect that, as well.

But at this point you don't know who you're going to draft. Whoever they are they could and likely won't pan out. So you have to hedge that unkown against the current players that you can evaluate based on real NFL action. That's where Gaines comes in. I don't have the info on him, you hope OBD does.

QB is another story. We already had the picks to move up for a QB. These extra picks just give us the options for adding depth/talent at other positions.

This is why I don't think this is about QB either. This is simply an evaluation of Sammy's future, IMO.

I didnt realize lil Bum was defensive coordinator for the Ram,s I have a ton of respect for him as DC so it makes me nervous he would part with EJ.

Absent Jerry Sullivan's bitterness, this is the type of fluff piece we read constantly from the WNY media about a particular Buffalo Bill.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive