I just don't see this team being worse off.

Why can an 8-8 team catch a few breaks to become a 9 or 10 win team, but a 6-10 team can't catch a few breaks to become a 8-8 or 9-7 team? I don't understand your logic. This team isn't a playoff team regardless.

10 wins gets the WC.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two games worse without Watkins.....hmmmm.

It's almost as if some fans think we will be playing with only 10 players on offense now.

I'll take Matthews, Boldin and Jones as our top three over what we had last season.

I think this is the best way to mentally accept this trade. Right now are we better at WR than we have been 80% of the time the last 2 seasons: I think all of us can confidently say Yes.

Of course Watkins is a rare talent. Nobody will argue that. I guess the way I'm starting to look at it is that it's hard to miss something that we rarely ever had to begin with.

I think this is the best way to mentally accept this trade. Right now are we better at WR than we have been 80% of the time the last 2 seasons: I think all of us can confidently say Yes.

Of course Watkins is a rare talent. Nobody will argue that. I guess the way I'm starting to look at it is that it's hard to miss something that we rarely ever had to begin with.

Watkins didn't miss much time in 2015.

Losing Watkins takes away 7-10 points per game. We got a lot worse.

We were among the highest scoring offenses last year WITHOUT an effective/healthy Watkins for basically the entire season. 7-10 more points to what we scored last year per game would've made us probably the greatest offense in the history of the NFL :doh:

Watkins is never a sure thing to stay on the field. Darby went south last year and wasn't a fit for this system. We get two, solid players in return that could contribute.

We are doing the right, and dare I say Patriot* thing, with these moves.

The Run game will stay the same and be great. The defense has already improved and I feel Gaines is a better fit for our Defense. As for as the passing game, now Taylor has to prove he is a franchise QB. He can't lock onto 1 WR and hope he gets open. We now have 4 guys at WR who are good. Teams now have to contend with 3 Good WR's, 2 Good TE's, a great FB And one of the top 3 Running backs in the NFL. WR's WILL get open, just like last year, but now TT has to find them and deliver the ball.

I don't see this as anything but positive. AND...we now have 6 picks in the top 3 rounds. We want a Franchise QB? We can now get one if we feel one is worth moving up for.

I just don't see Watkins and Darby leaving changing what our record was going to be or will be. In Fact... It wouldn't shock me if the TEAM can come together and gel, the playoffs are still not out of reach.

i see no big loss in what the Bills did

We were among the highest scoring offenses last year WITHOUT an effective/healthy Watkins for basically the entire season. 7-10 more points to what we scored last year per game would've made us probably the greatest offense in the history of the NFL :doh:

Maybe the new regime was aware of what we did without Sammy? Apparently not many of the fans are.

Really? Watkins is an elite talent. the Bills are worse today. I had them 8-8, now 6-10.

Good, I'd rather be 6-10 with 2 first rounders and 2 high second round picks and 2 possibly 3 third rounders and 2 fourth rounders going into next years draft which by most accounts is going to be a great year to go after a Franchise QB. This 8-8 B.S isn't getting us anywhere, we are stuck in some sort of negative feedback loop of mediocrity.

Losing Watkins takes away 7-10 points per game. We got a lot worse.

:lol:

Obviously, it all depends on if Sammy stays healthy, lights it up in LA, and proves to be worthy of big $. If he's beat up again, the Bills are better off with a high #2 pick.

Mulligan year IMO anyways, I'm not expecting playoffs.

and where are all of Taylors WR's from last season now :doh:

but wait, what about chemistry :doh:​or throwing with anticipation :doh:

I understand the trade, but we are not a better team without Sammy Watkins in my humble opinion.

Who's next?

Edited by Figster

Watkins is never a sure thing to stay on the field. Darby went south last year and wasn't a fit for this system. We get two, solid players in return that could contribute.

We are doing the right, and dare I say Patriot* thing, with these moves.

The Run game will stay the same and be great. The defense has already improved and I feel Gaines is a better fit for our Defense. As for as the passing game, now Taylor has to prove he is a franchise QB. He can't lock onto 1 WR and hope he gets open. We now have 4 guys at WR who are good. Teams now have to contend with 3 Good WR's, 2 Good TE's, a great FB And one of the top 3 Running backs in the NFL. WR's WILL get open, just like last year, but now TT has to find them and deliver the ball.

I don't see this as anything but positive. AND...we now have 6 picks in the top 3 rounds. We want a Franchise QB? We can now get one if we feel one is worth moving up for.

I just don't see Watkins and Darby leaving changing what our record was going to be or will be. In Fact... It wouldn't shock me if the TEAM can come together and gel, the playoffs are still not out of reach.

Agreed.

Matthews has better stats than Watkins. This scheme fits Gaines and he had a tremendous rookie season so talent is there.

O, and we have 6 picks in the first 90 in a draft that some are saying is the best QB class since 2004.

Sammy Watkins wasn't signing here after this season.

It was a fantastic move.

and where are all of Taylors WR's from last season now :doh:

but wait, what about chemistry :doh:​or throwing with anticipation :doh:

I understand the trade, but we are not a better team without Sammy Watkins in my humble opinion.

Who's next?

TT's WR from last year....hmmmm..the scrubs we picked up mid-season you mean? Or the scrubs that were here all year?

Percy Harvin?

Marquise Goodwin?

Justin Hunter?

Dezmin Lewis?

Walter Powell?

Greg Salas?

Brandon Tate?

They're bound for Canton, obviously.

As long as Maury thinks it's a bad trade I know it's a great trade Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha, thanks

I need a good laugh :thumbsup:

TT's WR from last year....hmmmm..the scrubs we picked up mid-season you mean? Or the scrubs that were here all year?

Percy Harvin?

Marquise Goodwin?

Justin Hunter?

Dezmin Lewis?

Walter Powell?

Greg Salas?

Brandon Tate?

They're bound for Canton, obviously.

You think points from last season are supposed to help us now,lol :lol:

thanks, another good laugh