I just don't see this team being worse off.

Watkins is never a sure thing to stay on the field. Darby went south last year and wasn't a fit for this system. We get two, solid players in return that could contribute.

We are doing the right, and dare I say Patriot* thing, with these moves.

The Run game will stay the same and be great. The defense has already improved and I feel Gaines is a better fit for our Defense. As for as the passing game, now Taylor has to prove he is a franchise QB. He can't lock onto 1 WR and hope he gets open. We now have 4 guys at WR who are good. Teams now have to contend with 3 Good WR's, 2 Good TE's, a great FB And one of the top 3 Running backs in the NFL. WR's WILL get open, just like last year, but now TT has to find them and deliver the ball.

I don't see this as anything but positive. AND...we now have 6 picks in the top 3 rounds. We want a Franchise QB? We can now get one if we feel one is worth moving up for.

I just don't see Watkins and Darby leaving changing what our record was going to be or will be. In Fact... It wouldn't shock me if the TEAM can come together and gel, the playoffs are still not out of reach.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watkins is never a sure thing to stay on the field. Darby went south last year and wasn't a fit for this system. We get two, solid players in return that could contribute.

We are doing the right, and dare I say Patriot* thing, with these moves.

The Run game will stay the same and be great. The defense has already improved and I feel Gaines is a better fit for our Defense. As for as the passing game, now Taylor has to prove he is a franchise QB. He can't lock onto 1 WR and hope he gets open. We now have 4 guys at WR who are good. Teams now have to contend with 3 Good WR's, 2 Good TE's, a great FB And one of the top 3 Running backs in the NFL. WR's WILL get open, just like last year, but now TT has to find them and deliver the ball.

I don't see this as anything but positive. AND...we now have 6 picks in the top 3 rounds. We want a Franchise QB? We can now get one if we feel one is worth moving up for.

I just don't see Watkins and Darby leaving changing what our record was going to be or will be. In Fact... It wouldn't shock me if the TEAM can come together and gel, the playoffs are still not out of reach.

It's tough to say. I don't think anyone can argue that a healthy Sammy on this roster doesn't make us better. A healthy Sammy Watkins is a huge factor and this team is better for it. However, it's hard to actually visualize that b/c it hasn't really happened the last couple of years.

Right now, you can make the argument that this team has a much better WR corps than it did for almost all of last season with Sammy out or being ineffective due to injury.

So are we better than we were last year? Technically, the answer is most likely Yes.

Are we better than we would be with a healthy Sammy? No, we're not.

Really? Watkins is an elite talent. the Bills are worse today. I had them 8-8, now 6-10.

Is it better to be a 8-8 than 6-10? If that's the only difference, who cares? What if Sammy goes on to be a Hall of Famer, but we get our franchise QB? I'd say we still win that trade. Sammy doesn't necessarily need to fail for this to be a good trade. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Feel like you didn't need to start another thread here, but I still agree with you. Wish we had a legit vertical threat on the outside. Otherwise the offense still goes through TT and Shady.

McCoy is not very happy right now.

8-8 has a chance at the WC with a few lucky breaks to get 9-10 wins. 6-10, forget it.

8-8 isn't getting a wild card spot in the AFC this season. Jumping up to 9-10 wins is a reach after you just said 8-8. If you believe that lucky bounces could give 2-3 more wins than we could jump from 6-10 to 8-8 as well. Your theory states that 8-8 could win a WC spot. This means we could still be a WC team using your logic. I don't believe we are a playoff with or without Sammy.

McCoy is not very happy right now.

He's on borrowed time here himself. As talented as he is, lets not fool ourselves by thinking he's going to part of future success. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

8-8 isn't getting a wild card spot in the AFC this season. Jumping up to 9-10 wins is a reach after you just said 8-8. If you believe that lucky bounces could give 2-3 more wins than we could jump from 6-10 to 8-8 as well. Your theory states that 8-8 could win a WC spot. This means we could still be a WC team using your logic. I don't believe we are a playoff with or without Sammy.

He's on borrowed time here himself. As talented as he is, lets not fool ourselves by thinking he's going to part of future success.

I said 8-8 can if they get a few breaks. Not 8-8 in itself. Look how Miami did it last season. We should have won the second game. Then beat the Jets with TT next week.they got some breaks and got in, but it could have been us also. An 8-8 type has a chance. A 6-10 team does not. 8-8 is an average team. 6-10 is not.This team was barely average, maybe with Watkins. not so anymore.

Edited by JM2009

I know it's a different era, but couldn't this play out like the Cowboys when they traded Herschel Walker to Minnesota? They parlayed that move into great picks, suffered 1 year of misery, and the rest was history. Not saying this is exactly the same because it's not, but the key here is drafting well going forward. What's done is done, Make the best of it, Buffalo Bills.

I know it's a different era, but couldn't this play out like the Cowboys when they traded Herschel Walker to Minnesota? They parlayed that move into great picks, suffered 1 year of misery, and the rest was history. Not saying this is exactly the same because it's not, but the key here is drafting well going forward. What's done is done, Make the best of it, Buffalo Bills.

uhm, that Walker trade involved 18 players (and picks). This is no Walker trade.

Feel like you didn't need to start another thread here, but I still agree with you. Wish we had a legit vertical threat on the outside. Otherwise the offense still goes through TT and Shady.

Big C, does WCO call for vertical threats? In the original Walsh scheme it was all short and YAC

However, Can not surrender TTs deep sideline ball. It is an elite parameter of his game.

I said 8-8 can if they get a few breaks. Not 8-8 in itself. Look how Miami did it last season. We should have won the second game. Then beat the Jets with TT next week.they got some breaks and got in, but it could have been us also. An 8-8 type has a chance. A 6-10 team does not. 8-8 is an average team. 6-10 is not.

Why can an 8-8 team catch a few breaks to become a 9 or 10 win team, but a 6-10 team can't catch a few breaks to become a 8-8 or 9-7 team? I don't understand your logic. This team isn't a playoff team regardless.

Really? Watkins is an elite talent. the Bills are worse today. I had them 8-8, now 6-10.

Two games worse without Watkins.....hmmmm.

It's almost as if some fans think we will be playing with only 10 players on offense now.

I'll take Matthews, Boldin and Jones as our top three over what we had last season.