McD and Beane/ Do you trust them?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not trust them. I do not doubt them either. A differant approach from years and regimes pasts. I will hold judgement til the year plays out for McDermott. I will give Beane a complete offseason before make my opinion on him aswell. Good bad or ugly they seem to have an idea of what they want on the team. Im curious to see if this implodes and goes all rebuild or do they play better than expected? Should be a fun year.

They actually can easily win fans back.

Trade Shady

Start Peterman

And formally admit what this year is

Not the lie of we are trying to compete

How does trading Shady win fans back? Is there a fan backlash against him? Trading dynamic, exciting players is not going to win fans back.

And even if they admit what this year is about, at this point, they're almost past the point of no return. With the gaps they're creating in the lineup, there is no way this team will be competitive over the next 3 years. Fans are in no mood to go 20 years without the playoffs, while the latest amateur hour plays out on One Bills Drive.

Edited by Perry Turtle

Boldin didn't trust Beane. Here is a transcript of a possible conversation that may have occurred, possibly

Boldin: Why did you trade Sammy?

Beane: Wanted the draft picks.

Boldin: How does this trade make the team better today?

Beane: It doesn't, I am building for the future.

Boldin: Dude I am 38. With Sammy we could win now. There is no "future" for me, without Sammy on this squad this team has minimal ability to win this year. You told me you wanted to win when I signed.

Beane: Well you screwed up, you trusted me. BTW, I am telling everyone that having you on the team made this trade possible.

Boldin: Kiss my ..., I quit.

Beane: At least we get Kaelin Clay to cover losing Watkins and Boldin.

I cannot possibly answer the question because I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell they're doing. Maybe it will all turn out for the best and they'll be geniuses. Or maybe it will turn out to be just Beavis and Butthead stumbling into a cool job they're not remotely capable of doing.

How does trading Shady win fans back? Is there a fan backlash against him? Trading dynamic, exciting players is not going to win fans back.

And even if they admit what this year is about, at this point, they're almost past the point of no return. With the gaps they're creating in the lineup, there is no way this team will be competitive over the next 3 years. Fans are in no mood to go 20 years without the playoffs, while the latest amateur hour plays out on One Bills Drive.

Because shady has value and isnt going to be here when they are good so move him get value

They actually can easily win fans back.

Trade Shady

Start Peterman

And formally admit what this year is

Not the lie of we are trying to compete

Bad move dealing 25 Edited by Helpmenow

So does Sammy Watkins

Oh, Lord, the Sammy thing again. We have no reason to believe he will make it through a season without injury, and if he did, he would never sign with the Bills for a reasonable contract. Next year, Bills would either get saddled with another albatross contract or he'll be playing for another team without any compensation.