Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

I watch all the games, so I guess Sammy played a bit less than half of them?

He missed 11 out of 48.

Still not at 100 pages?

Clearly Gillislee > Sammy

Or someone get out the cookbook

This is Buffalo. The backup RBs and " lunch pail" guys will always be more popular than guys with skill.

Just heard Sal Capaccio say that everyone he talked to about Sammy both off the record and on since the trade indicated he was a hard worker and a good teammate. He said they were all sad to see him go.

I'm not surprised by this. Any interview I heard with the guy I thought was usually on point. So many here confuse having an injury with not working hard. Never saw anything that made me think the guy wasn't a hard worker.

Yeah. Like Kelly. Bruce. Thurman. They were unpopular.

Your generalizations are absurd.

Kelly got tons of flack and fans actually were calling for Reich to start over him in the playoffs. Bruce would always express his displeasure about his contract with the media and was averse to training camp. All these guys took heat in the public and media when they played here. A lot of it was absurd. But let's pretend they didnt.

Kelly got tons of flack and fans actually were calling for Reich to start over him in the playoffs. Bruce would always express his displeasure about his contract with the media and was averse to training camp. All these guys took heat in the public and media when they played here. A lot of it was absurd. But let's pretend they didnt.

Let's pretend lunch pail guys back then wee more highly admired. You're ridiculous.

I'm not surprised by this. Any interview I heard with the guy I thought was usually on point. So many here confuse having an injury with not working hard. Never saw anything that made me think the guy wasn't a hard worker.

...never saw it as a doubt ........inferring blackballing is a low and cheap road IMO..........

@RamsNFL

So that new guy, @sammywatkins? Coach McVay expects him to play this weekend. Read 1f4f0.png » http://gora.ms/sjQO0M

DHSGHs7UwAALbDj.jpg

Will be fun for me to Watch Robert and Sam play off the West Coast together. Gotta be pretty cool really.

Sometimes I truly think they nod and wink about these trades and deals. Sometimes.

Glad to see the thread winding down.

There will plenty to compare when the season starts for those that enjoy that feature of the Forum !

Definitely going to keep n eye on Gilmore and TD MIKE, add to that Watkins and Woods !

Bills fans have always reacted the same way to in those days. I was one who bitched about Kelly among others at times.

Now our reactions are quicker and create a longer chain.

Lets see how it rolls for a bit. This really could be ugly, or a slow moving train that gains traction during the season.

But I do not feel it definitive yet.

I do see why some have defined the reasoning and then the result even in some cases here.

Bills Fans stay the same. hard headed loyalists (some are in denial) :o:P

Edited by 3rdand12

Will be fun for me to Watch Robert and Sam play off the West Coast together. Gotta be pretty cool really.

Sometimes I truly think they nod and wink about these trades and deals. Sometimes.

Glad to see the thread winding down.

There will plenty to compare when the season starts for those that enjoy that feature of the Forum !

Definitely going to keep n eye on Gilmore and TD MIKE, add to that Watkins and Woods !

Bills fans have always reacted the same way to in those days. I was one who bitched about Kelly among others at times.

Now our reactions are quicker and create a longer chain.

Lets see how it rolls for a bit. This really could be ugly, or a slow moving train that gains traction during the season.

But I do not feel it definitive yet.

I do see why some have defined the reasoning and then the result even in some cases here.

Bills Fans stay the same. hard headed loyalists (some are in denial) :o:P

Ultimately, it's a game. And I'll likewise continue to enjoy watching these guys play. As frustrating as it is to not win more than we do -- I still enjoy getting to see players like Sammy do things that only a very small number of humans can do.

Ultimately, it's a game. And I'll likewise continue to enjoy watching these guys play. As frustrating as it is to not win more than we do -- I still enjoy getting to see players like Sammy do things that only a very small number of humans can do.

I sure a s heck enjoy watching Sammy catch those balls so well. amazing really. looking forward to highlight reels.

But i also am amazed at Taylor sometimes. He really is an exciting player to watch.(just get that deep ball back on track !! )

I was just about to say the same. The truth is you never appreciate the players you have while you have them. Same as it ever was.

I sure a s heck enjoy watching Sammy catch those balls so well. amazing really. looking forward to highlight reels.

But i also am amazed at Taylor sometimes. He really is an exciting player to watch.(just get that deep ball back on track !! )

Oh, even in his so called mediocrity, taylor might be more rare than Sammy in his skill set. Hopefully he puts even more of it together.

Sometimes it's good to step back from the super fan ledge and simply appreciate that it's a pretty cool game with freaks of nature doing amazing things. Being a saints season ticket holder it's great seeing guys like drew, or cam or Julio jones in person and have some rooting interest but also just enjoy the game