Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

Everyone is gonna have to accept that SEC, ACC, and Southwest kids will not want to play in Buffalo. This wouldn't be the case if they organization wasn't such a loser mess. This season will not change this. The tradition is fully functional until this prospect of stability results in wins.

So whats the answer right now this minute: Have players that want to be here. Obviously Watkins and Darby did not. So they're out. I like that.

Say what??? Kyle Williams went to LSU as did Trey White, Dareus went to Alabama, and Cordy Glenn went to Georgia.

This was my first thought about the trade. Beane and Opie are trying to change the culture and only have high character players and not that Sammy wasn't, but he isn't shy about speaking his mind (wow, a WR?!!!), and they are only interested in player with the same kind of mindset, both of which Matthews and Gaines have the reputation for. What isn't clear is if this strategy of all character players has ever worked on any team in any sport in history.

Jerry Sullivan supports the trade. His knowledge of football is extremely weak to the point of being embarrassing. Nuff said. These are bad trades, and when you see McDermott DCing under Andy Reid 25 or 37 months from now on opening weekend, we'll know for sure.

nwahahahahahhahahahahaha. Coming from you. So rich. Jesus. I got diabeetusno but your a m-fing idiot to whine about it and sound like a moron. The dude has no English language

Trolling is a art. This kid doesn't have it. He's a stupid man.

Should I point out that there are about seven basic grammatical mistakes in your post critiquing Watkins' grammar?

Yep.

It's the NFL.

These guys aren't smart. Stop trying be smarter then everyone else. Keep talented players.

Yup. Edited by dave mcbride

Should I point out that there are about seven basic grammatical mistakes in your post critiquing Watkins' grammar?

Yup.

The thing is, players really don't care if their teammates are upstanding citizens. They want them to be team players, for sure. And willing to go to war with them. But in the locker room they just want guys that try hard and want to help them win, which is talent.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I know man, he was so great for this organization. Remember that time when he..........

Hold on....I'm trying to somehow finish that sentence.

Bottom line, he's a dynamic football player with loads of talent and I would have loved to see him play this year because it could have potentially been really fun to watch. But, I totally get where McD/Beane are coming from with this trade. I suspect that they like many of us believe that Sammy may not just be a victim of circumstances of bad luck but that he may be someone who is susceptible to being injured.

He's either missed games or has been severely hampered due to calf injuries, ankle injuries, groin injuries, rib injuries, hamstring injuries and now a very problematic foot injury. He hasn't shown himself to be a durable player. Does that mean that he will continue to be plagued with injuries the way he has throughout his short career? No. But it's certainly a rational fear. It's not as if he has had one or two specific injuries, In less than four years, he's missed or been limited because of 6 different types of injuries. To me, that's a red flag.

Then there is the issue of his contract. We've all heard him proclaim his worth and the worth of top WR's. He wants to be paid Megabucks!! McD/Beane don't feel comfortable doing that, and any reasonable thinking person can understand their hesitation.

Plus he's never really exuded any sort of leadership qualities. I may be wrong, maybe he's a true warrior leader on this team, but I've never heard that to be the case.

So rather than take a risk on a player that has a history of injuries who wants to be paid Top 3 WR money, they decided to try to get as much value out of him via trade.

Reasonable people can agree to disagree if this will end up being a good trade, but on the surface there is a strong argument to be made that it was the right move.

All of that applies to Eichel as well. Should we dump him too?

Other similarities include immense irreplaceable talent.

Jerry Sullivan supports the trade. His knowledge of football is extremely weak to the point of being embarrassing. Nuff said. These are bad trades, and when you see McDermott DCing under Andy Reid 25 or 37 months from now on opening weekend, we'll know for sure.

Peter KingVerified account @SI_PeterKing 26m26 minutes ago

Peter King Retweeted Matthew Rule

Fascinating. Didn’t feel Watkins was a part of long-term future. I like Matthews. Do not like trading Darby.

Peter KingVerified account @SI_PeterKing 24m24 minutes ago

Peter King Retweeted Lucas Bruton

Risky, but they figure they get contract yr of supremely motivated and talented WR. But a 2 is a lot.

Peter KingVerified account @SI_PeterKing 24m24 minutes ago

Peter King Retweeted Chris Caskey

Obviously some. But Kupp is not the separator Watkins is. Different players. Kupp is precise w/great hands, and coach loves him. He’s OK.

This was my first thought about the trade. Beane and Opie are trying to change the culture and only have high character players and not that Sammy wasn't, but he isn't shy about speaking his mind (wow, a WR?!!!), and they are only interested in player with the same kind of mindset, both of which Matthews and Gaines have the reputation for. What isn't clear is if this strategy of all character players has ever worked on any team in any sport in history.

I could have sworn we tried the all great character guy thing in the past...these 17 years have been a blur

Robert Woods had said one of the reasons he was excited to go to the Rams was because he knew he'd never be the #1WR in Buffalo with Sammy there. Welp.

I thought about the same thing after i calmed down. Lol poor Woody. There goes half the targets he was gonna get