Pats become 1st NFL team to buy 767 (2) to fly to games

Patriots become first NFL team to buy their own jets to travel to games

The Pats bought not one, but two Boeing 767s so the team can always travel together in style without needing to worry about chartering a jet. The Patriots changed the configuration of the plane so every seat is a first class seat, many of which recline entirely for players to rest.

https://analytics.twitter.com/mob_idsync_click?slug=gATVW0n4He&idb=AAAAEIBLgynh_TLWLtTzpU6xYLT0uFGP5ERhdazmBUm6J8r_Qs9WFkuJXl_GyMmFTytHhzvs_ms16q5pNoC5M7SIbZ-Et_t_4X3Q5REGgkZ8gZ0kfXmGN7CBPMN3QViSqmf1iwhn1LInVJXjZh6lpgxbZOfneBA0&ad_tracking=false&tailored_ads=false

Seems like a good idea, Terry.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not the only team with their own plane. And I'm sure there are many ins and outs to this

Kraft has had a private plane for a while. The CIA and other groups would contract his plane to fly suspects to gitmo

Terry needs to one-up him and buy a couple of Dreamliners or 787s.

Not a good look to let a guy who made his fortune off of powdered cheese big time you like that.

You do know Robert Kraft has nothing to do with Kraft food right ?.......He made his fortune in paper, packaging etc....

If my favorite band can have a 747. why not NFL teams ? I'm actually surprised they're the 1st to do this.....

Most teams charter planes. I can't see why a team would buy an airliner. All the expense of upkeep. I have a hunch Kraft didn't buy a plane. He just had a charter painted.

Once Pats show how much they make off these planes in offseason more and more teams will buy em

You have to explain how they make money from this.

You do know Robert Kraft has nothing to do with Kraft food right ?.......He made his fortune in paper, packaging etc....

If my favorite band can have a 747. why not NFL teams ? I'm actually surprised they're the 1st to do this.....

Its because contracts and charters are just easier and less of an expense.

Once Owners see how much Patiots make in offseason that will pay for the cost of ownership and eventually the planes more and more teams will purchase

Its because contracts and charters are just easier and less of an expense.

Once Owners see how much Patiots make in offseason that will pay for the cost of ownership and eventually the planes more and more teams will purchase

Again, please explain how the Pats are going to make money from owning their own plane?

Most teams charter planes. I can't see why a team would buy an airliner. All the expense of upkeep. I have a hunch Kraft didn't buy a plane. He just had a charter painted.

You have to explain how they make money from this.

Easy when planes not in use by team they are leased or chartered. Tell me some Pats fan with money wont charter a Patriots plane to say fly to somewhere.

Also can lease to basketball, Hockey teams. All first class seating for players (something you dont get on Charters from United) etc

The first class seating will limit your governmant lease capabilies. However say its leased to deploy a group overseas easy to reconfigure seating on these planes

Edited by MAJBobby

Got to admit, I thought he was part of the Kraft (foods) family.

Easy when planes not in use by team they are leased or chartered. Tell me some Pats fan with money wont charter a Patriots plane to say fly to somewhere.

Also can lease to basketball, Hockey teams. All first class seating for players (something you dont get on Charters from United) etc

The first class seating will limit your governmant lease capabilies. However say its leased to deploy a group overseas easy to reconfigure seating on these planes

Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Mark Wahlberg going to Vegas......with Conan O'Brien serving the drinks.....

I'd have to see the numbers but I doubt there's any money in that. First you are a football team, not a charter company. You'd have to hire staff to book and maintain the craft. What about hangar rent? What airport are you going to fly out of? Logan? Good luck finding space. Oh then there's the landing fees, fuel, and insurance. Oh man, the insurance!

I don't think Kraft bought anything. It's probably a charter he had painted.