Compensatory pick ?

Estro

With today's fire sale, I would not be surprised to see them cut whomever is necessary in order to get a comp pick. It would accomplish getting the comp pick and adding more assurance that this will be a 4 or 5 win team that will be picking high in each round.

Next thing they'll be tipping the league off to when to do Dareus' drug tests to get him suspended

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks joke about the constant discussion of comp picks around here - but if the Bills DON'T take steps to get that late 3rd round pick, after yesterday's trades, I'm going to be absolutely livid.

And as I type that, I know that they'll end up keeping that human pylon Ducasse and ruin their chance to get that extra 3rd. Because Buffalo.

Folks joke about the constant discussion of comp picks around here - but if the Bills DON'T take steps to get that late 3rd round pick, after yesterday's trades, I'm going to be absolutely livid.

And as I type that, I know that they'll end up keeping that human pylon Ducasse and ruin their chance to get that extra 3rd. Because Buffalo.

Agreed. However, after the trades I am confident they will gain the comp pick for the 2018 draft.

But, if they don't, I will be confused and very dissappointed.

Beane was on WGR the other day and he responded to a question about compensatory picks by saying he wouldn't be doing his job if it weren't part of his consideration with respect to the final roster. He went on to say that he won't construct a roster he thinks has less talent just to get more comp picks.

Ironically, he kind of just did but at a higher talent differential given up for the pick

I think this is going to be almost a given now with what happened. Don't we also have until week 10 on these players that are involved in the compensatory formula?

Based on Camp and play so far though I think we can pencil in Ducasse as a cut.

I know it's three players for an additional third what does a 4th player get us again is it a sixth ?

A 4th cut gets the Bills a 4th.