Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

We haven't built a strong team.

He didn't get us to the playoffs.

I think it is unlikely he gets us there this year.

As for Goff and Wentz.... there is still a chance they developed as their ceilings as QBs are higher than his currently.

How do you know they are higher? I would rather have TT at this point than those two. We'll see. And how about giving Taylor this season and see what those other two do.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post. we had an offense that didn't turn the ball over, and a defense that didn't get it back enough. If they did, the playoffs were a possibility.

I mean - our numbers aligned very closely on offense with what the niners did when they were in the playoffs ever year. They weren't great, and the QBs definitely had a more limited passing role, but the ground game was great, we scored points, and didn't turn it over. We just didn't have a top 5 defense. Or Top 10. Or Top 15?

There is a belief here that if you hate Tyrod enough, Peyton Manning in his prime will walk through the door.

There is just a belief here that some posters KNOW FOR SURE that Tyrod sucks, or Tyrod is great (and you can insert McCoy, McDermott, McBoldin here)

Guess what, ya don't know that for the 2017 season, but we're all gonna find out, one way or the other! And the great thing is the season isn't that far away, so we gonna learn soon... :beer:

I mean - our numbers aligned very closely on offense with what the niners did when they were in the playoffs ever year. They weren't great, and the QBs definitely had a more limited passing role, but the ground game was great, we scored points, and didn't turn it over. We just didn't have a top 5 defense. Or Top 10. Or Top 15?

Yep. And that has to fall on the Ryan brothers.

McCoy is an elite player, but TT is a big reason why the running game works as well as it did. He has to be accounted for with his running ability.

There it is. So how big was the increase in Shady numbers from Kevin Kolb to TT?

Maybe it's just me... but I'm kind of sick of the back and forth on Tyrod. It really doesn't matter too much what he was before, or "may" learn or "won't" learn. We're going to find out in what - a month?

Just watch the show and we'll know. The debate has merits on both sides, and I'm pretty sure we've heard every argument imaginable. He doesn't throw with anticipation, he holds the ball, doesn't throw over the middle, doesn't hit receivers in stride or whatever. He also makes plays out of nothing, has a good arm, floats some nice deep passes, and has deep value as a runner and decoy in the option game.

If he doesn't become the guy - we move on. If he does, hopefully we still draft someone. In the end, he's starting this year and is by far the best option available... so what are we arguing about?

Hey, common sense guy! We don't take kindly to your type around here!!!

I'm basically at the same point. I feel like even if he did all the things you want him to, you'd still want him to fail. Why? So you could be right. On an internet message board.

ding ding ding ding ding!

What does any of this have to do with Dennison's comments ?

Here we go again - with all the things Taylor can't do - is incapable of doing - probably shouldn't even try - etc.

A partial list includes :

• Can see over the line
  • Never throws in the middle of the field
  • Can't read defenses
  • Can't "throw with anticipation"
  • Can't process decisions at game speed
  • Can't throw with accuracy
  • Can't throw from the pocket

And a dozen or so more flaws, all beyond the slightest hope of redemption. Clearly, this is someone incapable of playing quarterback.

And yet......

If you take the fifteen games where Taylor played with a legit number 1&2 receiver (Watkins & Woods), this was the result : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Maybe he can play the position after all, ya think?

Even if he can't "throw with anticipation", 8.25 YPA looks pretty damn good.

Heck, he gets just a smidge better at "throwing with anticipation", he might even improve on those numbers.....

Edited by grb

so the OC sees an area TT needs to work on and is working with him on it. problem?

just another TT thread for the anti TT crowd and pro TT crowd to continue the endless debate.

at the end of the day, who cares what the pro or anti crowd say. it will be on TT's shoulders and he will achieve his goal, or he wont.

carry on

There it is. So how big was the increase in Shady numbers from Kevin Kolb to TT?

Did Kolb add 10 rushing TDs and 1000 yards rushing in less than two seasons? We're the eagles number one in rushing by a lot? I don't remember.

Here we go again - with all the things Taylor can't do - is incapable of doing - probably shouldn't even try - etc.

• Can see over the line
  • Can't read defenses

And a dozen or so more flaws, all beyond the slightest hope of redemption. Clearly, this is someone incapable of playing quarterback.

And yet......

If you take the fifteen games where Taylor played with a legit number 1&2 receiver (Watkins & Woods), this was the result : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Heck, he gets just a smidge better at "throwing with anticipation", he might even improve on those numbers.....

First 7 on 7 is Tyrod to Boldin on post. Tyrod over middle again to Clay. We see those two plays all year and Tyrod is a top 10 QB. Easily.

• Can see over the line
  • Can't read defenses

And yet......

7th year with professional coaches is where 30th ranked passing attacks make the leap !!

Show me the money, I've heard all the excuses.

And I'm out.

Edited by Maury Ballstein

7th year with professional coaches is where 30th ranked passing attacks make the leap !!

Show me the money.

Adios thread, the jm excuse train just pulled in to ruin it.

First 7 on 7 is Tyrod to Boldin on post. Tyrod over middle again to Clay. We see those two plays all year and Tyrod is a top 10 QB. Easily.

Wrong never added anything about TT in any thread that didnt need it. But cant talk WRs and TE without talking QB.

Cant talk defense being on the field so mich wothout talking QB and 3 and outs.

Nice work- why other people don't understand this kind of stuff is laughable.

Obviously the WR's are affected by QB play, and if the QB is leaving the D on the field the whole game, bad things are gonna happen.

I mean, really, the QB play affects the kicking game as well. Kickers miss kicks if the QB walks away leaving the ball on the wrong hash mark or yard line! Duh, why is it so hard for people to figure out!!!

I mean, think of it this way- if the water boy spills sports drink on a QB's hands, and his throwing hand is sticky, and he misses a throw- blame the water boy. It's the same as quarterbacking- the water boy is the quarterback of sideline hydration.

It's a machine, and it needs to work as one, and who is in charge of this machine? The Quarterback! So, of course the QB is responsible for flailing CB's, missed tackles, fumbled snaps, blown blocks, sacks, touchbacks, blocked punts, underproductive bees, global warming, and burnt toast.

Obviously.

LOL, I don't even disagree that TT has some gigantic holes in his game, Ryan. Its just that this fall, it was Bobby, you, and then Jeff flooding the board with the same crap, over and over.

By flooding you mean counter arguing the What a great Game from TT crap. Or it wasnt TT fault crap then yes