Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

7 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

rap at times makes me laugh because it is so Wordsmithy, ya know? The verbal flow and creativity I DO appreciate. I dont care for the explicit hard core stuff. 

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I wore this record OUT back in the day. I saw them in Phoenix and the crowd LOVED it. The show turned into a big sing along. I think the band were floored by such a positive reaction to their music. Phoenix is like that though. They will all in love with an artist and support them Early in those bands careers (Bruce Springsteen comes to mind) This band was much like that

Has anyone here ever heard of Jerry Riopelle?

Just now, muppy said:

rap at times makes me laugh because it is so Wordsmithy, ya know? The verbal flow and creativity I DO appreciate. I dont care for the explicit hard core stuff. 

I'm not a big fan of rap either but every so often I come across a song that I love. It's a bit disappointing to me that my boys listen mostly to rap but  a few months ago my high schooler told me he thought Steely Dan was really chill, college boy said he thinks Jack Johnson is the most chill and both think Holy Diver is epic so to each their own. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/8/2023 at 5:19 PM, BillsFanNC said:

Get Ry Cooder to sing my eulogy.....

And I Remember Buffalo!!!

There are some bands and songs that transport you directly back to that particular time and place. For me this was when I was back in WNY for a Bills game back in the day . My accompanying  friend Robin  from Toronto blared this band and it imprinted on me that weekend. In her car. We had a BLAST

and this is my retort back to her .....rocking out to THIS song. Same weekend 🙂  it was the best groove car riding song around

Edited by muppy

33 minutes ago, muppy said:

There are some bands and songs that transport you directly back to that particular time and place. For me this was when I was back in WNY for a Bills game back in the day . My accompanying  friend Robin  from Toronto blared this band and it imprinted on me that weekend. In her car. We had a BLAST

and this is my retort back to her .....rocking out to THIS song. Same weekend 🙂  it was the best groove car riding song around

Great story. But if your friend is from Toronto she must have demanded the original from Canadian Tom Cochrane?

Also perhaps more famously known for this...

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

another cool vibe right here. And the singer is a guy named Malcom Ford. He is the son of Harrison Ford and Melissa Mathison RIP She passed in 2015   She was the author screenplays for both of ET The Extraterrestrial AND The Black Stallion. 

16 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Great story. But if your friend is from Toronto she must have demanded the original from Canadian Tom Cochrane?

I Love it. I wasn't sure which version was the original. It is a GREAT car song obviously. we were a couple girls in vacay together and we rocked it OUT. And it would have been the original so yes 🙂 Thanks man.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1