Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

William Drake had been a member of the Cardiacs, one of my favorite bands. This is a song of his solo career. It is amazing to watch how the mood goes from peaceful to chaos with the progress of the song.

And here is William Drake on keyboards for the Cardiacs. This clip is from 1990, not 2015 as indicated on the video. If you have never heard of them, give it a try! 

Edited by DrW

@SinceThe70s you know what it is for me, why I never post any hard rock? Lack of Exposure . I know next to nothing about the genre. It was never my cuppa tea. But as I have broadened my musical horizons I am learning more. I went to youtube and there was a playlist called "Hard and Heavy" Really eclectic mix of bands. I found this and it is absolutely badass..I LOVE the visual too

1 hour ago, muppy said:

@SinceThe70s you know what it is for me, why I never post any hard rock? Lack of Exposure . I know next to nothing about the genre. It was never my cuppa tea. But as I have broadened my musical horizons I am learning more. I went to youtube and there was a playlist called "Hard and Heavy" Really eclectic mix of bands. I found this and it is absolutely badass..I LOVE the visual too

In the early 80's I was all in on the metal scene. To this day, my trophy show was seeing Metallica play Kill 'Em All front to back in a local bar a week before it came out. They were the opening band and It was jaw dropping. Still love that album. I don't listen to much metal these days but every so often I have to scratch that itch.

12 minutes ago, muppy said:

@frostbitmic the Neil post what a great cover. It brought to my mind one of my favorite covers of all time. This version gives me chills. Visually AND musically

Feliz Navidad!=m

I've only heard this version of the song once or twice, very cool. The woman dressed up as Delores was in the original video was awesome especially as she touched hands thru the glass with this singer... Merry Christmas to you and yours

• Thank you (+1) 1

One of the best britpop bands of the 90' - Elastica. There is no weak spot on their 1995 eponymous first album. The second, "The Menace" (2000) did not live up to the high standard set by the first.

Live, but no video - sorry!

At that time, frontwoman Justine Frischmann had a relationship with Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz). You can see him here having fun on the keyboards.

Edited by DrW
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/13/2022 at 10:57 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Never enough love for early 80's metal on this thread for my taste.

I probably went on a jag about this before but the two real principals on that album were vocalist David Wayne and bassist Kurt Vanderhoof. Wayne split/was sacked after the seminal "The Dark" album (or was it the live one), forming bands Reverend and Wayne, before dying from a car crash in 2005. Vanderhoof continued with Metal Church, finding his own version of Arnel Pineda or Ripper Owens but also took on a side-project in Presto Ballet, "playing in the style of American prog rock like Styx and Kansas."

Speaking of dead singers, let's throw out another contemporary of theirs here, called Trouble. Migrating a somewhat different path from doom to stoned out psychedelic-metal (who covers the Monkees?), they intersect that metal space in the late 80's. With singer Eric Wagner passing last year, here's one for a couple of real belters, the aptly titled...

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1