Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

I saw zappa twice once at an outdoor amphitheater (mesa amphitheater)  and the other time at a place in Phoenix called The Celebrity theater with a round revolving stage. as a performer I would hate that but as a guest is was amazing.

I like dance mixes for low impact exercise. calorie burn and FUN. #workout

BTW: in Phoenix AZ did you ever by randon chance hear of a band called Marty Mitchell Band? I'll tell you why with an answer upcoming

2 hours ago, Pete said:

my favorite jukebox song, 63+ minutes of sludgy, tasty, stoner rock goodness.  Best bang for the buck

This reminded me of listening to a hawkwind album (I don't remember the name of the album, and I'm too lazy to look for it)  I had when I was a kid.

I had an old Marantz tube amp and advent tower speakers and would turn it up about half way (any louder it would of shook the windows loose) any way this cut  reminded me as a cross between that album and Nazareth's version of the ballad of hollis brown.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Muppy said:

gigglesnorts hahahaaaa  I am enjoying this banter you all are awesomesauce hot diggety! LOL

btw I am NOT a twerker choice was for sheer comedic value. The stones show I have 2 great stories from that night again true.

scalpers lost their shirts..they bought up a lot of the tickets and when it was sold out people decided oh well.....I was in line had my tickets and I hears $10.00 for a ticket...people were I guess cell phones..anyway word got out there were cheap seats at the gate and it went full

George Thorogood and the delaware destroyers were 2nd act. some jackhole pegged him in the head with a bottle he had to go off stage and be stitched up and came back to the stage in a biker hement swearing ike a sailor

Stones were running late like 3 hour wait between sets. It ends up the had this major fireworks display and they wanted dark plus organizing the floozies.....Mick came out in his football pants and he could sense the crowd needed woken up. so Dude decides to take off RUNNING from the stage  to the top row of tempe sun devil stadium and back..no security just Running and the crowd went NUTS just watching hin climb and run those steps UP.

marty Mitchel very interesting guy. He made the Grand Ole Opery at 12 years old. went on to form a country rock band with originals and covers...brother in law was sax player (clarence clemmons high harmonics) he could wail and it was a perfect fit

I remember when he passed away they played a bunch of Bruce and E Street band, I really was never a big Bruce fan, but he did have an excellent band. You should be proud to have been related to CC.

10 minutes ago, gdabillsfan said:

This reminded me of listening to a hawkwind album (I don't remember the name of the album, and I'm too lazy to look for it)  I had when I was a kid.

I had an old Marantz tube amp and advent tower speakers and would turn it up about half way (any louder it would of shook the windows loose) any way this cut  reminded me as a cross between that album and Nazareth's version of the ballad of hollis brown.

Wow that really does sound like Sleep.  I had no idea Nazerth rocked so hard.  I have Marantz now-and I used to have those Advent Tower speakers lol.  Quality tunes deserve quality sound

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Wow that really does sound like Sleep.  I had no idea Nazerth rocked so hard.  I have Marantz now-and I used to have those Advent Tower speakers lol.  Quality tunes deserve quality sound

So true as to having quality equipment, I am ashamed to say most of my listening today comes thru the sound bar on the tv. When I do peruse the vinyl (I have about 1000 albums) I listen on my old pioneer solid state amp and klh bookshelf speakers, so hardly the same.

39 minutes ago, gdabillsfan said:

So true as to having quality equipment, I am ashamed to say most of my listening today comes thru the sound bar on the tv. When I do peruse the vinyl (I have about 1000 albums) I listen on my old pioneer solid state amp and klh bookshelf speakers, so hardly the same.

I went from 7.1 to two big and beautiful 1970 speakers, with a sub, marantz, and turntable.  Are you on discogs?

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

yeah I figured from reading this wasnt a stoner rock compilation the Band is called Sleep. oops 🙂 

I went to a goth black metal bar once I fit in for the night but not my cuppa tea

I’m picturing this-

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Muppy said:

get the ***** outta here LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Ditto.  I was There! I was 14 years old and we (me and eldest sister Kathy) drove to try to get scalper tickets ZILCHO. But I saw the marquise I was THAT close dangitttt lol #truth

college roommate saw him on the darkness on the edge of town tour back in the 70s an she was Obsessed with Bruce. I understood it better after I saw him in PHX, the power went out...and dangit if he didnt still play a 4 1/2 hour show #Fact

Well, that's just amazing, too bad you didn't get in you missed a good show. I grew up across the river and about a 1/2 mle down the road from the war Memorial. If I knew you back then, I could of shown you how to sneak in the back where the bands and their guests entered, because that's what we did.

Apparently we are the same age and when you were 14 back then you couldn't get a real job, so you were relegated to being a moocher or sneaking in. When I was older and had a job I would always pay for a ticket, I mean concert tickets were only like 6-7 bucks back then anyway.

Another great show in 74 was Weather Report and Earth Wind. And Fire.(that show the people I went with bought my ticket). I didn't know that I liked jazz until that show. Weather Report was awesome, and. EW&F (who I knew and. I wanted to see) totally blew me away. It was one of the best concerts i had ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Muppy said:

of all the youtubes posted I loved the New Orleans R&B sound that was awesome!

zappa is a fooking genius

he had 2 backing musicans for a while a couple Terry and Dale Bozzio who went on to create a band called Missing Persons. I saw them in  club in Phoenix. She the singer he the drummer Fabulous.

The New Orleans music scene  is unique across all genres. I never fully appreciated it until recently, there are a bunch of taleted musicians down there. Here's a video of a band we found a few years ago, the wife and I really liked.

Terry Bozzio was an awesome drummer,(Zappa always had the best musicians).

One of my favorite Zappa albums was live at the Fillmore.(1971) I liked the banter between him and Frank, during the whole groupie routine, it was totally hilarious. I have actually found myself through the years quoting snippets from the routines on the album. You either get a nod from those who know it, or that "what's a matter with that guy" look if they don't. 😆

https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/the-truth-behind-the-pic-of-diamond-studded-airplane-going-viral-1959165

nate told me a story how he heard jack white say "Im gonna go touring in a diamond encrusted airplane" the thought was so outrageous I just checked to see if one exists LOL  White Stripes. Any fans here?

EDIT: was the lead singer for the Strokes with the encrusted diamond airplane quote from coachella music festival my bad my mistake. m

image.png.9cad5dc8be114bf2a79999ec2b142e7a.png

Edited by Muppy