Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

13 minutes ago, muppy said:

. thanks for posting very cool. I totally hear the Rush influence you mentioned. First time listen 🙂 @Draconator what do you think?

The Rush influence is strong with this one. The very ending of the song is the exact ending of Xanadu. What I find most impressive, is the guitarist/keyboardist and his balancing act with the foot pedals. I play foot pedals and bass on a couple of songs in my band, and you're literally playing 2 instruments at once while balancing on one leg. To do what he's doing, hitting guitar/bass effects with one foot, and playing bass notes on the Moog foot pedals with the other foot, takes an insane amount of coordination. Crown Lands is really good!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

The Rush influence is strong with this one. The very ending of the song is the exact ending of Xanadu. What I find most impressive, is the guitarist/keyboardist and his balancing act with the foot pedals. I play foot pedals and bass on a couple of songs in my band, and you're literally playing 2 instruments at once while balancing on one leg. To do what he's doing, hitting guitar/bass effects with one foot, and playing bass notes on the Moog foot pedals with the other foot, takes an insane amount of coordination. Crown Lands is really good!

If you listen to a few of their songs you can hear Rush.  There's one that sounds like the beginning of Xanadu.    This song has a killer groove to it.   sounds like Rush meets Greta Van Fleet.. 

The last day and a half I've been going through a section of vinyl I haven't looked at in around 20 years.. and I came upon one I'd forgotten about. NM vinyl and cover which I would suppose would be hard to find given the black style cover, she is a beauty. Looked it up and it's only the 4th lp ever released on Tetragrammaton... Deep Purple was also released on this label. 

T-101 – You Can't Beat People Up and Have Them Say I Love You – Murray Roman [1968]
T-102 – Shades of Deep Purple – Deep Purple [7/68]
T-103 – The Thorn in Mrs. Rose's Side – Biff Rose [1968]
T-104 – Ivory – Ivory [1968]
T-105 – Let Me Show You the Way – Bobby Paris [1968]
T-106 – Together Again for the First Time – Carol Burnett & Martha Raye [1968]
T-107 – The Book of Taliesyn – Deep Purple [11/68]
T-110 – Both Sides Now – Johnstons [1968]
T-111 – Relight My Fire – Rhetta Hughes [1969]
T-112 – Sweet Thursday – Sweet Thursday [1969]
T-113 – Tom Ghent – Tom Ghent [1969]
T-114 – Summerhill – Summerhill [1968]
T-116 – Children of Light – Biff Rose [1969]
T-117 – Elyse – Elyse Weinberg [6/1/69]
T-118 – Departure – Pat Boone [1969]
T-119 – Deep Purple – Deep Purple [6/69]
T-120 – Blind Man's Movie – Murray Roman [1969]
T-123 – The Mother of Us All – Steve Baron Quartet [1969]
T-124 – Hello Love [aka Gene and Francesca] – Gene & Francesca [1969]
T-125 – Joshua Fox – Joshua Fox [1969]
T-12? – Greasepaint Smile – Elyse Weinberg [unissued]
T-131 – Concerto for Group and Orchestra – Deep Purple [1969]
T-5000 – The Girl on a Motorcycle (Soundtrack) – Douglas Gamley & British Lion Orchestra [1969]
Apple/Tetragrammaton T-5001 – Unfinished Music No. 1: Two Virgins – John Lennon & Yoko Ono [01/1969]
T-5002 – Quatrain – Quatrain [1969]
T-5003 – Mark Slade's New Hat – Mark Slade [1968]
T-5006 – Che! (soundtrack) – Lalo Schifrin [1969]
T-5007 – The Chairman (Soundtrack) – Jerry Goldsmith [1969]
TD-5100 – 8:15 12:15 – Bill Cosby [1969]
TD-5101 – Once Upon a Time – Kingston Trio [1969]
TDL 5200 – The Great White Hope (Original Cast) – Charles Gross & Cast [1969]

If you like the Airplane, Art of Lovin', The Growing Concern, Music Emporium, The ill Wind, etc. this one is right up your alley.

When I was a student back in Hannover in Germany in the mid-1970s, one of the student organizations had a weekly "Saturday Night Party" with on average more than 500 attendants. The crowd had two favorites, Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (which I find pretty boring) and Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water". Here is the earliest live version I could find...

This version one has a better video and a beautiful guitar intro...

And here is a cover version with a different approach to the guitar solos (sorry, no video)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A unique sound from more than 50 years ago: Marc Bolan and Tyrannosaurus Rex (before they turned more commercial as T Rex). Marc died in a traffic accident in 1977, two weeks before his 30th birthday.

Edited by DrW
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Take me to the pilot... one for the outbound, one for the inbound.

he not need no stinkin' microphone lol that was cute 🙂 pretty song. Gracias.

19 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Take me to the pilot... one for the outbound, one for the inbound.

and then the 2nd holy cow hang on to your crosses people

lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DrW said:

When I was a student back in Hannover in Germany in the mid-1970s, one of the student organizations had a weekly "Saturday Night Party" with on average more than 500 attendants. The crowd had two favorites, Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (which I find pretty boring) and Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water". Here is the earliest live version I could find...

This version one has a better video and a beautiful guitar intro...

And here is a cover version with a different approach to the guitar solos (sorry, no video)

that was a fun listen and visual 1974 Cali Rainbow 🌈 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well, this was pretty daring. Converting one of the greatest movies of World Cinema, Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal, into a 5 minute pop song. I love this comment: "This is The Seventh Seal reimagined as a Spaghetti Western. I feel the spirit of Morricone in the bells, the Mariarchi guitar and trumpet and the choir. I love it."

Another daring approach: Have a white guy front a black band (remember that this was more than 50 years ago). However, this works on every level...

Edited by DrW