Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Week 2

Caught some of the coverage on Sirius. Some things I can recall

Kirwin:

Noted lack of depth. Said wasn't sold on TE2, concern on swing tackle as well. Didn't seem blown away by Bills overall talent - "Bills won't be winning the SB this year", will def need to pick up people after cuts etc.

Raved about Vallejo of all people - said was always in the picture around the ball - fast first step

Said Ragland didnt look 100% to him (McD and Alexander comments about Ragland were also more in the vein of "he's getting there, it's going to take time")

Alexander:

Said he worked with Randall Cobb in the offseason to work on his coverage skills in the new scheme

There was some thing I missed that they kept bringing up about the team does a thing where different players share their "stories" in front of the team as bonding exercise- that it had strong effect on some players

Their final thoughts:

Won't be Rome built in a day, but all phases should be improved with more attention to detail

10 coaches with more than 10 yrs experience - McD should benefit

Like that they had players out on field in live action without coaches (players need to learn to do it on their own)

Weak in depth at safety esp - should be looking for safety now

Didn't seem very optimistic about being a playoff team

Not done building expect more moves to be made

Tyrod is a "leader of men" (Kirwin said reminded him of R Wilson in that respect) - needs to make it happen on the field

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirwin:

Noted lack of depth. Said wasn't sold on TE2, concern on swing tackle as well. Didn't seem blown away by Bills overall talent - "Bills won't be winning the SB this year", will def need to pick up people after cuts etc.

Raved about Vallejo of all people - said was always in the picture around the ball - fast first step

Said Ragland didnt look 100% to him (McD and Alexander comments about Ragland were also more in the vein of "he's getting there, it's going to take time")

Alexander:

Said he worked with Randall Cobb in the offseason to work on his coverage skills in the new scheme

There was some thing I missed that they kept bringing up about the team does a thing where different players share their "stories" in front of the team as bonding exercise- that it had strong effect on some players

Their final thoughts:

Won't be Rome built in a day, but all phases should be improved with more attention to detail

Like that they had players out on field in live action without coaches (players need to learn to do it on their own)

Tyrod is a "leader of men" (Kirwin said reminded him of R Wilson in that respect) - needs to make it happen on the field

the piece about the life stories:

@jeremyWGR

TreDavious White says McDermott has one player go before the team each day to tell of his life/story. Says guys really open up.

Could see that it resonates with the #Bills rookie, and that the team-building exercise is one that helps players understand each other.

Rod Streater: "They've Been Doing A Great Job" (2:44)

WR Rod Streater talks about the camp grind and credits the play of the Quarterbacks for his ability to make plays.

Watch: Hyde INT, Streater Impressive (1:51)

Bills' Insider Chris Brown highlights practice number six at St. John Fisher College. The play of the day came from Safety Micah Hyde who had a diving interception and Wide Receiver Rod Streater continues his strong week of practice. The two minute drill was on display at the end of practice with the defense gaining a slight edge on the offense.

Incognito: McDermott has changed the culture (2:17)

By NFL Network

NFL Network's Kimberly Jones talks one-on-one with Bills guard Richie Incognito talks about new head coach Sean McDermott, playing with running back LeSean McCoy and expectations for 2017.

AFC East players poised for breakout 2017 seasons- Zay Jones (0:46)
By NFL Network

NFL Network's Nate Burleson explains why Bills wide receiver Zay Jones is poised for a breakout 2017 season.

Ian Rapoport: "You can win with Tyrod Taylor" (11:10)
NFL Network's National Insider Ian Rapoport joined The John Murphy Show to give his take on this year's Bills team, including his thoughts on QB Tyrod Taylor. He also discussed news and notes from around the league.

Kirwin:

Alexander:

Their final thoughts:

So a team that has hovered around the 7-9/8-8 mark the past four seasons will improve in all phases -- sounds like a playoff competitor to me.

Really wonder how many other top tier QBS are still struggling at this point in their careers at TC.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it takes guys sometime to get their groove back, but the guy has been in the league since 2011.

Furthermore, all I hear about is how familiar TT is wirh Dennison from their days in Baltimore.

Gets to a point where you realize it's just not going to fully click.

Well Live periods tomorrow. They will be tackling to the ground on Friday.

Put a red jersey on Shady and Sammy.

That should be something to behold, considering they didn't do it very much last fall.