The Tyrod Taylor Question

Having an AZ tram turn the ball over a bunch, a NE team stuck with playing a hurt 3rd stringer etc etc

Not buying these excuses again in what should be a time to **** or get off the pot season.

Speaking of excuses. Remember after the first 3 games of the suspension media and fans were saying Patsies** could win with Helen Keller at QB. Then we ship their ass and it's oh, we had our 3rd string QB. LOL

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people are claiming Peterman would have been much better under the same circumstances. Did the light come on yet?

Not yet, but please feel free. Enlighten me. You're saying Peterman can only be evaluated in the exact same context as Taylor? And any other means of comparison aren't valid unless he's playing under the 'same circumstances'? Can you not see how that's a dumb argument?

When you have a player you can a) make him play how you think he should, or b) play to the player's strength and put in a position to succeed. If you are going to insist on making Taylor be Ben Roethlisberger, and get rid of all his familiar receivers, then just cut or trade him now. Let him join a team that will use his strengths. Obviously the Bills are too smart for school.

His strength is that of Kordell Stewart, how did that end? He is a one trick pony. There is a reason why other teams were not interested in his services, and he was forced to take a pay cut.

Not yet, but please feel free. Enlighten me. You're saying Peterman can only be evaluated in the exact same context as Taylor? And any other means of comparison aren't valid unless he's playing under the 'same circumstances'? Can you not see how that's a dumb argument?

Peterson has two weeks of NFL experience, Tie Rod has 7 yrs. There is no comparison. The rookie obviously knows how to play from the pocket, and read a defense, and work through progressions. He is already light years ahead.

Posters, like yourself, are claiming Peterman would have been better under the same, exact circumstances. So he needs the full offense to be evaluated, but the book is already written on TT, who doesn't? Compare the two under the same circumstances. If those players were healthy, of course they play in reality. But you've already closed the book on TT without seeing what he can do in a new offense with all of his weapons and protection.

Taylor is a low end starter or a very good backup.

We need to upgrade, but that's easier said than done. Having two first round picks next year should help.

yep.

Peterson has two weeks of NFL experience, Tie Rod has 7 yrs. There is no comparison. The rookie obviously knows how to play from the pocket, and read a defense, and work through progressions. He is already light years ahead.

And beyond that: nobody plays in exactly the same context, ever, in the history of positions we draw comparisons between. Apparently the only fair way to evaluate Taylor is in a context that has never existed nor been prerequisite for such evaluations, ever. I guess we'll just never know.

And beyond that: nobody plays in exactly the same context, ever, in the history of positions we draw comparisons between. Apparently the only fair way to evaluate Taylor is in a context that has never existed nor been prerequisite for such evaluations, ever. I guess we'll just never know.

Having a healthy offense has never existed?

Taylor is a low end starter or a very good backup.

We need to upgrade, but that's easier said than done. Having two first round picks next year should help.

And he is playing in an offense that doesn't suit his strengths. starting to see the value in trading him and McCoy and go for a full tank. assure themselves of the first pick.

And he is playing in an offense that doesn't suit his strengths. starting to see the value in trading him and McCoy and go for a full tank. assure themselves of the first pick.

Agreed. Taylor can score points when there are other weapons on offense. This year that isn't the case. All we have is McCoy and teams are going to relentlessly stack the box and force Taylor to beat them with his arm. Without a game changer like Watkins on the outside who can threaten a defense deep, we're screwed.

My guess is we go from scoring 25 points per game to around 20. If we score 20 points a game against this schedule, we're not winning more than 4 or 5 games.

Agreed. Taylor can score points when there are other weapons on offense. This year that isn't the case. All we have is McCoy and teams are going to relentlessly stack the box and force Taylor to beat them with his arm. Without a game changer like Watkins on the outside who can threaten a defense deep, we're screwed.

My guess is we go from scoring 25 points per game to around 20. If we score 20 points a game against this schedule, we're not winning more than 4 or 5 games.

I agree.

You're flailing. Try again.

This offense doesn't suit TT strengths, anyways. No deep threat. But you have evaluated him with two key players out, don't want too see how he does when Glenn and Matthews come back hopefully against the jets, yet you expect Peterman to be evaluated with both those players in there, which is fine, but TT isn't given that consideration by you. light come on yet.

I agree.

This offense doesn't suit TT strengths, anyways. No deep threat. But you have evaluated him with two key players out, don't want too see how he does when Glenn and Matthews come back hopefully against the jets, yet you expect Peterman to be evaluated with both those players in there, which is fine, but TT isn't given that consideration by you. light come on yet.

Being purposely obtuse seems to be a prerequisite for you I see.

Waiting on Jordan Matthews...a filler trade throw in with a third by the Eagles, but let's please wait for him to play before we rush to judgement on a seventh year player who's in his third season with this team, lol.

You are already making excuses...as of he must have a completely healthy roster in order to evaluate. Newsflash...nobody has a completely healthy roster.

Now that Sammy is gone Tyrod has to actually get the ball within 3 feet of the receiver which he has never been able to do consistently. As I said earlier in the year, We don't need a Tyrod, we need a new front end.

Let's trade him for Mike Glennon. At least he can see the field. Tyrod would be better if all NFL Defenses were made up of midgets, but unfortunately they are not.

Now that Sammy is gone Tyrod has to actually get the ball within 3 feet of the receiver which he has never been able to do consistently. As I said earlier in the year, We don't need a Tyrod, we need a new front end.

Let's trade him for Mike Glennon. At least he can see the field. Tyrod would be better if all NFL Defenses were made up of midgets, but unfortunately they are not.

Why on earth would we trade anything for Mike Glennon?

This is going to be a really bad season. We should be selling off all the spare parts for as many draft picks as we can get our hands on and start the rebuild in 2018.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/could-bills-trade-lesean-mccoy/389136

Trade rumors were inevitable.

I can see this happening.

McBean and Denison have probably seen what they need to see. TT can not get the ball out quickly. Last night was another example. Sorry TT apologists .

Seems more like pure speculation than an actual trade rumor.

That article isn't all that well written IMO, either. They bring up Buffalo letting Woods and Goodwin walk like it's some insult to Taylor, but make no mention of the guys they signed to replace them and that they probably upgraded the WR corps in general over what they had on the field most of last season.

Then they assume Shady is unhappy here because Maclin chose Baltimore.

I just couldn't take this article seriously.