The Tyrod Taylor Question

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A low end starter and a very good back up is far better than anything EJ will ever be in the NFL.

That's not saying much

TT is good for 7-9 win seasons. that is all. he was the best option for 2017.

7 or 8 wins and being mediocre is by far the worst case scenario for this team.

But you won't be happy till he's off the roster, so let's get him off the roster then, and start Peterman against the Jets. We either have a gem draft pick, or a 2-14 season....

I want to have sustained success and compete in the playoffs. I don't see that happening with Tyrod. If bottoming out and going 2-14 helps us do that then I can get on board. What I don't want to see happen is this team try really hard to be mediocre and win enough games to not pick high enough for a chance at QB but also not make the playoffs.

I bring up TT record and NFL stats because they are not terrible.

Like a broken record. Edited by Bangarang

And i can criticize his play because that and dont have to listen to the same tired excuses for said play.

By year three starting he should be able to hide some pass protection flaws with quick reads and throws.

Specially in an offense that has quick reads and throws automatically built in

I think its fair to criticize his play tonight.....I am worried that the new offense might not fit him

A low end starter and a very good back up is far better than anything EJ will ever be in the NFL. TT is good for 7-9 win seasons. that is all. he was the best option for 2017. But you won't be happy till he's off the roster, so let's get him off the roster then, and start Peterman against the Jets. We either have a gem draft pick, or a 2-14 season.... I bring up TT record and NFL stats because they are not terrible.

Tom Brady is the best QB to ever play the game.

TT is better than EJ. Congrats TT. After trading Sammy I'd be content starting Peterman and getting a pick or something in return for TT. I don't have high hopes for making the playoffs. Give the kid a shot. If he sucks, then we get a top 5 pick. If he's good, we can either trade him and draft a qb with greater upside or build around him. Next years draft is extremely important. I believe it's best to figure out what we have with guys we expect to be here next year. Most of us don't expect TT to be on the roster next season. I'd be ok with moving on even if it means a couple less wins this year. Not something I expect to happen, but I'd be game. Maybe mid season if TT stinks it up.

I think its fair to criticize his play tonight.....I am worried that the new offense might not fit him

No it doesnt. If he doesnt imrpove i would rather start Peterman in the long run that will be better for the Bills even if it blows up than another 6 or 7 win season would

Guess it is based on what someone wants. I dont see TT as a long term QB here so pull that plug now. Get the Rookie Reps evaluate before 2018.

That is the fastest way to ending the dought compared to another 6 to 7 win season

Edited by MAJBobby

TT is better than EJ. Congrats TT. After trading Sammy I'd be content starting Peterman and getting a pick or something in return for TT. I don't have high hopes for making the playoffs. Give the kid a shot. If he sucks, then we get a top 5 pick. If he's good, we can either trade him and draft a qb with greater upside or build around him. Next years draft is extremely important. I believe it's best to figure out what we have with guys we expect to be here next year. Most of us don't expect TT to be on the roster next season. I'd be ok with moving on even if it means a couple less wins this year. Not something I expect to happen, but I'd be game. Maybe mid season if TT stinks it up.

The problem we are going to run into in a "tank" is that this D is going to be better this year

And i can criticize his play because that and dont have to listen to the same tired excuses for said play.

By year three starting he should be able to hide some pass protection flaws with quick reads and throws.

Specially in an offense that has quick reads and throws automatically built in

Say what you will, but Peterman as a rookie looks way ahead of TT in the quick reads and finding guys with the football department.

This should be very troublinjg to those who have high hopes for Taylor this season, but it should also encourage everyone about Peterman.

If nothing else...this guy may be a better passing version of a game manager, and better passing holds more value than a lesser passer with more mobility.

That's not saying much

7 or 8 wins and being mediocre is by far the worst case scenario for this team.

I want to have sustained success and compete in the playoffs. I don't see that happening with Tyrod? If bottoming out and going 2-14 helps us do that then I can get on board. What I don't want to see happen is this team trybreally hard to be mediocre and win enough games to pick high enough for a chance at QB.

Like a broken record.

Your posting is a broken record to by mentioning my posting all the time. Focus on someone else. Or, go tell OBD to tank and win 2 games to assure the number one draft spot in 2018. then it's a for sure given we have a franchise guy for a decade. If not, no complaining from you.

I am too actually, because it takes away what he is good at. We'll see.

I want to have sustained success and compete in the playoffs. I don't see that happening with Tyrod. If bottoming out and going 2-14 helps us do that then I can get on board. What I don't want to see happen is this team try really hard to be mediocre and win enough games to not pick high enough for a chance at QB but also not make the playoffs.

Ask Cleveland how that approach is working out for them.

Lets see if Indy goes to the Superbowl this year. They surely should have gotten there by now after bottoming out. That was so worth it for them. Wasn't it?

Then they come to Buffalo with their superstar Qb and get their butts kicked by the lowly Buffalo Bills.

Losing on purpose is for losers. It doesn't guarantee you anything except a ****ty record and pissed off fans.

Say what you will, but Peterman as a rookie looks way ahead of TT in the quick reads and finding guys with the football department.

This should be very troublinjg to those who have high hopes for Taylor this season, but it should also encourage everyone about Peterman.

If nothing else...this guy may be a better passing version of a game manager, and better passing holds more value than a lesser passer with more mobility.

Peterman has not played in a meaningful NFL game as of yet against first string defenses that are coming after him when it counts. I like Peterman, but you and a few other even take that away because we have to argue over a meaningless pre season game just because you have an agenda.

The problem we are going to run into in a "tank" is that this D is going to be better this year

It is going to be better. Our schedule is also tougher (regardless of what some think). I don't view starting Peterman as a "tank" though. He doesn't look that much worse that TT (actually looks better playing vs backups) and could be extremely valuable this offseason if he looks legit. Either as our QB or as trade bait. TT may actually have some value right now (or if another team loses their starting qb). Grab some more picks and move forward with the kid. What's the worst that can happen? We don't make the playoffs?

Lets see if Indy goes to the Superbowl this year. They surely should have gotten there by now after bottoming out. That was so worth it for them. Wasn't it?

Then they come to Buffalo with their superstar Qb and get their butts kicked by the lowly Buffalo Bills.

Losing on purpose is for losers. It doesn't guarantee you anything except a ****ty record and pissed off fans.

Yep. Always play to win. Luck can't do it alone in Indy.

Hmmm i bet the Colts fans enjoy their playoff runs

Playing with shity BU QBs gets you one thing a playoff drought that is about to hit legal drinking age soon

I've been saying things like this all the time. I agree 100%.

You don't lose on purpose...you try to win and coach hard, but you get rid of the guys that don't fit the plan longterm and give young guys an opportunity. Aquire draft picks and see what guys are made of when facing superior talent.

Losing guarantees you a shot at solving the biggest and most difficult problem team's have, and that's finding a guy that can change the course of your franchise. Only a franchise QB will give you a chance against anyone. You can argue the Colts and Cleveland, but Luck gives them a shot when healthy, and that team was built horribly around him...no defense at all. Cleveland is just awful at drafting. They at least keep trying...no sense in spinning your wheels with a 7-9 record like Bang said.

Tyrod looked fine last week vs MIN with quick reads. Tonight was another story with the OL getting blown up to allow pressure in his face.

Problem is, nobody wants him right now. We need him to have a big game or a starter in the league to get injured. If either happens, then strike!!!! May as well trade Shady as well and go big in the draft next year!

Tyrod looked fine last week vs MIN with quick reads. Tonight was another story with the OL getting blown up to allow pressure in his face.

And next week the ghost pressure will come back wait and see. Different year same story with TT

Hmmm i bet the Colts fans enjoy their playoff runs

Playing with shity BU QBs gets you one thing a playoff drought that is about to hit legal drinking age soon

Yeah. They enjoyed them when they were in the worst division in the NFLi with opponents who won 2 or 3 games a season . No Patriots either.

And how many Superbowls has Luck been to? And how were they last year? How about this year? And how come they couldn't even beat the friggin Bills?

All that agony and still no Superbowls. Throwing a season on purpose is a whiney loser attitude and approach. Why even play the game then.

Imagine teaching kids that. Well son, if you don't think you can win, you shouldn't even try. Just quit. Friggin losers.

Edited by PolishDave

Peterman has not played in a meaningful NFL game as of yet against first string defenses that are coming after him when it counts. I like Peterman, but you and a few other even take that away because we have to argue over a meaningless pre season game just because you have an agenda.

You are letting these silly notions that you have convinced yourself of rob you of you're happiness for Peterman?

Holy crap, dude...hit the reset button on your brain, stop with the menstrual cycle stuff, and talk football without thinking about anything other than that.

I can help you help yourself, but It won't be easy if you can't let go

Edited by Crusher