Songs that can or have made you cry

Another Fan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to be all depressing but it makes for a great memory. She passed in October of 2015 (actually during that Bengals game). It was a really aggressive brain tumor. At any rate we would put those songs (and others) on for her and just sit there with her. In hospice they even had a singer come and play some of them for her. She really loved them and I think that it helped comfort her.

Long story short my sister had all of my aunts and family friends in Cleveland last week for the Billy Joel concert.

Hospice is one of the most amazing things on the planet! That takes a special person.

On a lighter note, I cried to "Happy Birthday" just last night. My wife had a total of 16 friends and family here from several states for her birthday weekend. I did all the cooking (naturally), but she was hell bent on getting a gluten and dairy free cake, so she took on that task. It was slightly bigger than a cupcake, but flatter. When they brought it out and sang Happy Birthday, the look on my wife's face screamed "HOW I THE HELL AM I GOING TO CUT THAT LITTLE THING 16 WAYS??!!" I laughed until I cried! We all did..... :)

Edited by Augie

I always switch off Cats in the Cradle... just can't take it haha- though I did spend the last week with my folks and had a great time with my pop. )

Yesterday will always kill me, though. I don't even care much about the Beatles... except 'Hey, Bulldog' ... thought that was a great song, but I'm more of a back catalog Who fan/ Kinks and others from that era

But anyway, I guess this is my cathartic post on 'Yesterday'...

My family moved to California a couple years before I was born. When I was a teenager, I got to spend a summer with my east coast relatives.... and, Oh My, did it Rock!!!

In the pre-dawn morning, as I was getting my bags together to leave for the airport, and my return flight to LAX, 'Yesterday' came on the alarm clock radio as I was saying goodbye to my cousins and my aunt.

My uncle took me to the airport.

Not that THAT song wasn't tough enough, on its own, to say goodbye to a world and family that I loved, but it also turned out to be the last song I can ever associate with my cousin Molly, whom I never saw alive again. She was later shot by her cop ex-fiance when she went to his house to return his engagement ring.

Long story involving inbred redneck cover-ups- her murder happened in South Carolina, and I will forever despise everything about that state, and may it rot in hell.

That's my overarching feeling, though I have moved on a bit. South Carolina mustard/vinegar BBQ blows the snot out of all that sticky-sweet crap the rest of our poor, misguided nation calls 'Bold', and I dig Colbert.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofLeonLett