Describe your favorite Sandwich

YoloinOhio

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No favorite because ,ya know, sammiches. this is good though.

Get a big chunk of some crusty french bread (or a reasonable facsimile)

make some quality tuna salad.

By quality, I don't mean a can of tuna and mayonaise. Add some grated romano, some Mrs dash, bread crumbs or whatever chips you can crumble, a dribble o pickle juice and a sprinkle of garlic/onion salt to taste.

Slather aforementioned bread with a healthy dose of cream cheese and while that sits, slice up some thin dill pickle slices (if you didn't already purchase pre-sliced pickles)

Giant gobs of that awesome tuna salad you just made? slap that on and enjoy!

Toasting is optional as well as any leftover chips on top.

Denim shorts are also optional.

Pff, not really giving a !@#$ about her opinion, old man :P

Only by a few years... ;-)

But that's the spirit!

A pretty good sandwich I make the day after thanksgiving-- sort of a California club.

1) toasted Italian bread

2) leftover turnkey

3) melt havarti cheese

4) LIBERAL mayo

5) sprouts, crispy bacon, avocado, tomato, and lettuce

You had to do it!

I vote Pitt as Midwest! :-)

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/07/04/garden/it-s-summertime-so-pass-the-mayo.html

Frenchfries and gravy has never ruined a sandwich.

Gravy could be it's own thread... one chick in particular made some of the best gravy I've ever had.

You're in Austin too, right, Azalin?

Try this place out sometime, their cheesesteak sub is fantastic, and almost everything they make is great. Lots of homemade lunch meats too. https://www.yelp.com/biz/hoodys-sub-shop-round-rock

Yes, indeed I am. That place is a long way from me (South 1st & Ben White) but I will definitely make it a point to give it try - thanks!

What was it about those things??!! How were they so good? I know I've looked on-line to see where they are located and check the menu in the last 6 months, and it's probably been 40 years for me too!

Good stuff to be sure! I think they used Castanzo's rolls, which makes all the difference IMO. :beer:

Two all beef patties

Special sauce

lettuce

cheese

pickles

onions

sesame seed bun

This got an audible laugh out of me.

My go to is the boring but outstanding French Dip.

Serious question: how does French Dip differ from Beef on Weck? They sound similar to me.

Edited by LI_Bills

This got an audible laugh out of me.

My go to is the boring but outstanding French Dip.

Serious question: how does French Dip differ from Beef on Weck? They sound similar to me.

Largely the bun. Not like a long hoagie roll, but a round kimmelweck bun topped with kosher salt and caraway seeds. Then you add the horseradish, and you have magic!

Largely the bun. Not like a long hoagie roll, but a round kimmelweck bun topped with kosher salt and caraway seeds. Then you add the horseradish, and you have magic!

Weck rolls dry out really fast, need paper bag to keep them in. Can see it never really taking off, for obvious reasons.

Too much of a hassle, no keepy.

Weck rolls dry out really fast, need paper bag to keep them in. Can see it never really taking off, for obvious reasons.

Too much of a hassle, no keepy.

I used to be able to get them in FL but you had to get them right before the event or the salt would dissolve. Maybe the humidity? Anyway, you can just get the buns and make them when you need them. YouTube is your friend, not just Google. Now I almost feel popular!

I used to be able to get them in FL but you had to get them right before the event or the salt would dissolve. Maybe the humidity? Anyway, you can just get the buns and make them when you need them. YouTube is your friend, not just Google. Now I almost feel popular!

Yep... Just a salted Kaiser roll with caraway.