The Kodi Thread

/dev/null

I bought a firestick with Kodi installed for my daughter to take to college, and been messing around with it for a few nights. Not sure I get Kodi at all. Tried Exodus and clicked Wonder Woman, but could not get that to work either.

The Modbro app was cool as chit though..I like getting all the SkySport channels.

I am going to order one for our house as well now, maybe by Christmas i can figure this Kodi thing out

Is Modbro a Kodi app or something else?

Basically, trying to jump in and just read about Kodi is going to seem overwhelming and impossible.

Just jump in, get a fire stick or other receiver... and follow a youtube video (make sure it is recent and has a lot of views). The step-by-step is a pretty easy recipe to follow and get you into a place where you can comfortably recall a ton of movies and TV shows. Then work out from there.

I have found that sports has a long way to go for the most part.... I think. Seems very tough to find streams, let alone decent-quality ones

updated to kodi 17.4 yesterday and added kodi no limits...not sure how i am feeling about this, gonna take some getting used to. And I do have modbro, was looking in the wrong spot, thought it was a kodi add on, it's a stand alone app

Edited by The Poojer

anyone know anything about Plex? Saw something yesterday where it is now available on Kodi....when i read it it almost seemed it was kind of like a Kodi-Like program, sitting inside of Kodi.

I've got Plex on my media server at home, and access it through my Roku. My brother has it also, so I can access his server too. It's a cool program for accessing any media you have saved to a PC.

anyone know anything about Plex? Saw something yesterday where it is now available on Kodi....when i read it it almost seemed it was kind of like a Kodi-Like program, sitting inside of Kodi.

Plex allows you to share your personal media library. It is also a paid subscription service. There is an open source alternative called Emby