Anyone here ever sky dived?

Another Fan

Obviously you don't understand women, so I'll help you out pal. She doesn't want to go sky diving! She's 36...would probably disclocate her hip on he way down! She wants to go ski diving with ME because it would be fun and special...

Women.

Mine wanted to swim with sharks on our honeymoon.

I had no interest but she was determined and I wasn't about to be the wimp so I signed on.

When push came to shove I was in the water, she stayed in the boat.

Mine wanted to swim with sharks on our honeymoon.

I had no interest but she was determined and I wasn't about to be the wimp so I signed on.

When push came to shove I was in the water, she stayed in the boat.

Uhh, I think she may have wanted your life insurance policy. Do you find random small appliances plugged in and positioned on the edge of your bathtub? Does your car's brakes fail frequently?

Uhh, I think she may have wanted your life insurance policy. Do you find random small appliances plugged in and positioned on the edge of your bathtub? Does your car's brakes fail frequently?

In hindsight, that accidental bump from behind on the subway platform felt more like a push.

I never sky-dived but my wife did before we met. It was a solo jump and I don't think she had to do a tandem first, but I could be wrong.

What struck me is she didn't just jump from the plane. Jump door was under the wing and she said she had to grab onto a pole under the wing and get a few feet away from the fuselage before dropping. Always though that sounded effed up.

That's what I had to do, static line jump. You have a chute opening line clipped to the plane. Once you get out there and let go the chute starts to deploy immediately

That's what I had to do, static line jump. You have a chute opening line clipped to the plane. Once you get out there and let go the chute starts to deploy immediately

Is a static line jump more training intensive for the first time jumper?

My son went tethered (tandem) and they still had a couple of hours training... I think... They did wait for weather to clear:

http://skydivechicago.com

Out past Joliet is where he went in Ottawa, Illinois.

My son went tethered (tandem) and they still had a couple of hours training... I think... They did wait for weather to clear:

When I did it, the class took a few hours mainly to teach you to know what to do if your chute doesn't open, which was actually needed by one person in the group that was doing it that day.

They also taught you how to exit the plane, taught you about the toggles and how to land.

similar to what frostbitmic said. We also practiced jumping off a table and rolling when we hit the ground. Pretty mundane.

Obviously you don't understand women, so I'll help you out pal. She doesn't want to go sky diving! She's 36...would probably disclocate her hip on he way down! She wants to go ski diving with ME because it would be fun and special...

Women.

Does she keep nagging you to increase that life insurance policy that she is the only beneficiary? Did she promise to pack your chute?

Does she keep nagging you to increase that life insurance policy that she is the only beneficiary? Did she promise to pack your chute?

She did make a purchase that I find to be somewhat bizarre. Checking account summary indicated that she paid $178.94 to ACME Co. for "bulk wrenches and screwdrivers." You might be onto something...