Article on why 2017 passing game can make giant leap forward

The Bills don't get very many three and outs with Taylor at the helm and an offense of coordinator focus on moving the chains rather than all or nothing plays the way Roman was. They were 14th in the league and three and out percentage in the 13 games Taylor was running Lynn's offense.

They were 25th in the league in 3 and out percentage. That no es bueno.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has not shown anything.But athletism. He can't throw with pressure. The Miami game we should have won regardless. He was running and not hitting open receivers. Wood was mad most of the time last year. Our TE position regressed because of him. He holds on too long and when he throw it it's a 1-10 chance at best. I don't think any good team is afraid of him.

Cardale will play this year. He will light it up in camp. He will get his chance. I personally don't think Yates it the rook can actually beat him out. He is more athletic than they are. OTAs are just the beginning when pads go on he is a gamer. I just have that feeling.

He has not shown anything.But athletism. He can't throw with pressure. The Miami game we should have won regardless. He was running and not hitting open receivers. Wood was mad most of the time last year. Our TE position regressed because of him. He holds on too long and when he throw it it's a 1-10 chance at best. I don't think any good team is afraid of him.

Cardale will play this year. He will light it up in camp. He will get his chance. I personally don't think Yates it the rook can actually beat him out. He is more athletic than they are. OTAs are just the beginning when pads go on he is a gamer. I just have that feeling.

Perhaps you should contribute to the Bold Predictions thread.

Derek Carr's Oakland Raiders have beaten 2 playoff teams in his 3 years at the helm. The Brock O led Broncos in 2015, and the Brock O led Texans in 2016. 1-3 in 2016 and 1-7 in 2015.

I'm gonna go with yes.... they do.

Are you trying to make a comparison to this two QBs???

I will have the last laugh....

For one, TT did put his team in a position to win a national championship. A third stringer won a national championship off the bench. For two, Taylor has been in this (West coast system) for 4 years in the NFL. With all of your excuses, with everything at his disposal he better do good. The no receivers excuses go out the door. Now going back to the Ohio State thing. They benched him back in college with an excuse right? Now did the win without him National Champs? Urban Myers is a good coach but he has won 3 National titles and only barely won one off them with his players.That was Tebows Jr year. The rest have been with other coaches' players. Cardale was Trussles recruiter and his first year at Florida it was 22 Zook starters. So he has not shown he can recruiter great caliber players yet. At Ohio State they were mostly Truss guys. Therefore I discredit his Championship ability. Back to TT he has failed to throw a three hundred yard game except for one barely. In my book he already failed.Two years is enough. Dak??? TT has been in the NFL 6 years. That is why he was drafted in round six. I can't wait to say I told you.I got banned because someone feelings got hurt when everyone he says a lot worse things. But once again people are bias. Like the are for TT.

Most of what you said is so far off that I am not even going to bother trying to address it.

But, as for my excuses - tell me, what excuses did I make for Tyrod in my post? I did not see any.

And as for you're "I told you so" comment - I am rooting for Tyrod because he is the Bills starting QB and I want the Bills to be successful. I could care less about your "I told you so". What are you, 12? Should we all say "I told you so" if/when Cardale ends up most likely getting cut (or is at best our 4th string QB), and is out of the NFL in a matter of a few years, while Tyrod will still be a starter or backup somewhere for many years to come?

I won't bother though because it's childish, and nobody cares about some random poster on a message board who wants to act like they know everything... and I am also not rooting against Cardale because he is a Buffalo Bill, therefore I want him to succeed. I would never root against an active Buffalo Bills player because I am an actual Buffalo Bills fan.

You are clearly not a true Blls fan. You'd rather have Tyrod fail so you can say "I told you so" than have him succeed and, in turn, have the Bills succeed.

I didn't realize that you were BuffaloBud420 though, so I'm done now. It's pointless even trying to have a discussion with you.

Edited by BillsFan4

Subtract the last game where he didn't play along with the first two games where an offensive coordinator who would be fired (and apparently the team wanted to fire him as early as the summer) call the plays and the bills were 14th in the NFL and three and out percentage.

Are you drunk?

Are you trying to make a comparison to this two QBs???

I will have the last laugh....

We'll see, but one thing's clear You sure aren't having the first laugh :flirt: Edited by transplantbillsfan

Subtract the last game where he didn't play along with the first two games where an offensive coordinator who would be fired (and apparently the team wanted to fire him as early as the summer) call the plays and the bills were 14th in the NFL and three and out percentage.

Make up some excuses to throw out 3 more games and he's basically Joe Montana !!!

This simply isn't how this works.

And Tyrod fans need to be careful trying to throw Roman under a bus. It is Roman's offense that has allowed Tyrod to post the numbers he has and the offense to have the success it had.

There was no such thing in Buffalo as an "Anthony Lynn offense". There was a Lynn called offense but the plays and the design was still Greg Romans. Lynn changed the way he called the run game in live action and supposedly slimmed down the weekly gameplans from where Roman had them but it was all Roman's offense.

And Tyrod fans need to be careful trying to throw Roman under a bus. It is Roman's offense that has allowed Tyrod to post the numbers he has and the offense to have the success it had.

There was no such thing in Buffalo as an "Anthony Lynn offense". There was a Lynn called offense but the plays and the design was still Greg Romans. Lynn changed the way he called the run game in live action and supposedly slimmed down the weekly gameplans from where Roman had them but it was all Roman's offense.

I haven't thrown him under the bus, per se, but I think that those who have are making the same point you are. Tyrod was operating inside Roman's offense. The man is absolutely top tier when it comes to the run game and run play design, but his pass concepts are elementary and poor. The other thing that manifested was that Roman's preparation style focused far more on quantity than quality.

So, while I do not agree with removing games from data sets involving Tyrod based on coordinators, opponents, the weather, etc., I do agree with removing games he didn't play in.

8 more days

:thumbsup::worthy:

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I haven't thrown him under the bus, per se, but I think that those who have are making the same point you are. Tyrod was operating inside Roman's offense. The man is absolutely top tier when it comes to the run game and run play design, but his pass concepts are elementary and poor. The other thing that manifested was that Roman's preparation style focused far more on quantity than quality.

Roman is the best run game coordinator in the National Football League. I agree his pass concepts are what might be termed "basic" and it lacks, to my eye, a bit of cohesion in devising a passing game that builds off the run game success. I am not sure whether that helped Tyrod or hindered him.... I suspect we will soon find out. But to throw out 2 games because a different man was calling plays off the same play sheet? That makes no sense objectively to me. I am with you - discount the 2nd Jets game when discussing Tyrod.... that is obvious.... but don't discount the first two weeks.

People are getting way too hung up on the 3 and out stuff.

First of all, football is a team sport. 3 and out percentages shouldn't reflect on the QB ONLY. When the **Pats go 3 and out, do we automatically place the blame on Tom Brady? No. The QB is responsible, as is the WR(s), RB/FB, TEs, linemen, and coaches.

And I'm not one to take away certain things that happened in order to paint a different picture, statistically, but I get where transplant is coming from. 25th to 14th is a nice improvement. Perhaps that was due in large to a change in approach by Lynn. But the improved number also shouldn't reflect on the QB only. Team sport.

So, while I do not agree with removing games from data sets involving Tyrod based on coordinators, opponents, the weather, etc., I do agree with removing games he didn't play in.

:thumbsup::worthy:

His qbs have been Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, & Tyrod Taylor. They are all arguably some of the worst passing starters in the NFL.

IMO, Roman's offense will made Tyrod look better than this new offense will. And like always, I hope that I'm wrong but when you have flawed qbs, you have to cover their weaknesses. For instance, Vernon Davis had 1,000 yards as a TE under Roman. Clay regularly got open and was simply missed. That's not on the OC.

People are getting way too hung up on the 3 and out stuff.

First of all, football is a team sport. 3 and out percentages shouldn't reflect on the QB ONLY. When the **Pats go 3 and out, do we automatically place the blame on Tom Brady? No. The QB is responsible, as is the WR(s), RB/FB, TEs, linemen, and coaches.

And I'm not one to take away certain things that happened in order to paint a different picture, statistically, but I get where transplant is coming from. 25th to 14th is a nice improvement. Perhaps that was due in large to a change in approach by Lynn. But the improved number also shouldn't reflect on the QB only. Team sport.

Overall, I agree. I'd also guess the best qbs have the best 3rd down %. That's money time.

I would bet the Bills have one of the shortest yards to convert on 3rd downs because of their game plans. Does anyone feel comfortable about Tyrod converting a 3rd and long?