Truth is, Nobody Has a Clue What This Team Will Be Like

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is not to compare our QB situation to other teams' QB situations. I am speaking specifically about the Bills' starting QB.

I sincerely hope you're right! I will also opine that, unless most of those 8-11 wins are because of Tyrod's play, rather than in spite of his play, the Bills will still look for better.

All QBs need good players around him. You said the opposite.

If by everyone you mean the top 5% of NFL players, then you are correct.

32 teams times 52 players equals 1664.

5% of that would be 83 players. Last year they got to 133 invites and were still going on the Tuesday before the Sunday game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/197015/2016-nfl-pro-bowl-most-declined-invitation-in-history

And that 1664 is greatly puffed up by special teams guys, third-stringers, etc.

Being voted in is still a real honor. Being invited as an alternate just isn't a real big deal these days.

"Players decline invitations for a variety of reasons, including injuries and whether they are a member of a Super Bowl entrant. But this year has produced an increased number of players who were simply uninterested.

"That has forced the league to push far down its list of alternates to fill some positions. Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston, named Monday as a replacement, was the eighth player at his position to be either invited or announced in addition to the six quarterbacks voted in. The Cincinnati Bengals' Adam Jones, named Tuesday, was the seventh alternate at cornerback."

"The quarterback position has been especially hard hit. The Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson is the only player voted in who remains on the roster. Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is playing in Super Bowl 50, but the New England Patriots' Tom Brady, the Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers, the Pittsburgh Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger and the Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer have all backed out."

"Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton, the first alternate, couldn't play because of a thumb injury that caused him to miss the playoffs. The San Diego Chargers' Philip Rivers declined an alternate invitation and the New Orleans Saints' Drew Brees is presumed to have done the same."

"That left this collection of quarterbacks for the game: Wilson, the Oakland Raiders' Derek Carr, the New York Giants' Eli Manning, the Buffalo Bills' Tyrod Taylor, the Minnesota Vikings' Teddy Bridgewater and Winston."

Let's review. That's fourteen QBs invited, out of 32 teams. Come on. Let's stop pretending that's a very big deal.

Not 5% in any way shape or form.

Edited by Thurman#1

I know exactly what this team will be like because its been the same exact team the last 17 years. They will beat up on garbage teams with garbage quarterbacks and then lose every game where they play a decent quarterback. Same thing every year. 7-9 will be their final record.

Nothing will change until they get a real franchise QB.

I'm looking forward to seeing a competent organization field a football team. If McD can coax 10 wins out of this team we will have found our genius

...think Pegula has atoned for his mistakes and has spared NO expense to build a competent organization, specifically Administration/FO.....he also made a smart choice IMO with McD as his HC, green yes, but from damn good pedigree starting with legendary DC, the late Jim Johnson followed by affiliation with former Bear Rivera from the famed 46 defense/1985 SB Bears......the kid will return this defense to pre-Wrecks dismantling and Leslie will mind the store...Dennison was the right choice to design a quicker offense around TT....have NOT been this optimistic since Polian era.........

32 teams times 52 players equals 1664.

5% of that would be 83 players. Last year they got to 133 invites and were still going on the Tuesday before the Sunday game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/197015/2016-nfl-pro-bowl-most-declined-invitation-in-history

And that 1664 is greatly puffed up by special teams guys, third-stringers, etc.

Being voted in is still a real honor. Being invited as an alternate just isn't a real big deal these days.

"Players decline invitations for a variety of reasons, including injuries and whether they are a member of a Super Bowl entrant. But this year has produced an increased number of players who were simply uninterested.

"That has forced the league to push far down its list of alternates to fill some positions. Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston, named Monday as a replacement, was the eighth player at his position to be either invited or announced in addition to the six quarterbacks voted in. The Cincinnati Bengals' Adam Jones, named Tuesday, was the seventh alternate at cornerback."

"The quarterback position has been especially hard hit. The Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson is the only player voted in who remains on the roster. Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is playing in Super Bowl 50, but the New England Patriots' Tom Brady, the Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers, the Pittsburgh Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger and the Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer have all backed out."

"Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton, the first alternate, couldn't play because of a thumb injury that caused him to miss the playoffs. The San Diego Chargers' Philip Rivers declined an alternate invitation and the New Orleans Saints' Drew Brees is presumed to have done the same."

"That left this collection of quarterbacks for the game: Wilson, the Oakland Raiders' Derek Carr, the New York Giants' Eli Manning, the Buffalo Bills' Tyrod Taylor, the Minnesota Vikings' Teddy Bridgewater and Winston."

Let's review. That's fourteen QBs invited, out of 32 teams. Come on. Let's stop pretending that's a very big deal.

Not 5% in any way shape or form.

Its not a nothing deal either

When was the last time the bills even had a qb invited tot he pro bowl before Tyrod Taylor?

When was the last time the bills even had a qb invited tot he pro bowl before Tyrod Taylor?

...."invites" are as immaterial as the Pro Bowl game itself........how many decline due to migraines, paper cuts, hang nails, diarrhea, constipation etc?....gimme the playoffs first anytime.....

John, why do you think making the Pro Bowl means that a player is good? Being an alternate is more embarrassing than flattering, I'd think. It really means nothing. And playing the game means even less. It's an exhibition.

John, why do you think making the Pro Bowl means that a player is good? Being an alternate is more embarrassing than flattering, I'd think. It really means nothing. And playing the game means even less. It's an exhibition.

It's always an honor for the players when they are chosen. But the game itself is meaningless and many would rather not play, but it is still an honor to be chosen.

It's always an honor for the players when they are chosen. But the game itself is meaningless and many would rather not play, but it is still an honor to be chosen.

....so how can it be an "honor" when you're the 9th alternate because the other 8 before you bailed out?....I'd call it an embarrassment versus an honor....just sayin'..................

....so how can it be an "honor" when you're the 9th alternate because the other 8 before you bailed out?....I'd call it an embarrassment versus an honor....just sayin'..................

Don't look now, but we just agreed on something.

Embarrassment to be an alternate in the NFL probowl- How many players never even get to say that they were just an alternate. Quite a few.

Embarrassment to be an alternate in the NFL probowl- How many players never even get to say that they were just an alternate. Quite a few.

..so essentially, where does a "back door Pro Bowl invite by default" get you on your resume'?........the world would know the 8 before you bailed so you were the 9th alternate....just sayin'...........

New coaches, new playbooks, player turn over.

I would be happy with a well disciplined team and the right players on the field each play.

Cut down on penalties . One more draft and free agency to fit this coaching system.

Making the playoffs is not yet practical. Getting rid of the Rex circus was a great improvement.

True that AND Whaley.