Embarrassing moments in your life

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was once on a first date with an older woman. I was about 24 and she was 32.

We went to sushi which I've only been to once in my life. The embarrassing part was first eating the edamame....never had it before. Instead of just eating the beans in the pod...I ate the whole thing. The pod is really, really tough and after a long time of chewing, I just decided to swallow it down. Well since it didn't breakdown very well with me chewing, of course it got stuck in my throat and I started choking. I was able to eventually cough it up after a few seconds into my napkin.

On my first date with an older woman, she had to teach me to eat a bean.

My first encounter with edamame was with my wife of then about 25 years, and she was just as ignorant as I was. That's a lesson you only need to learn once. Those things should come with instructions for newcomers!

I was once on a first date with an older woman. I was about 24 and she was 32.

We went to sushi which I've only been to once in my life. The embarrassing part was first eating the edamame....never had it before. Instead of just eating the beans in the pod...I ate the whole thing. The pod is really, really tough and after a long time of chewing, I just decided to swallow it down. Well since it didn't breakdown very well with me chewing, of course it got stuck in my throat and I started choking. I was able to eventually cough it up after a few seconds into my napkin.

On my first date with an older woman, she had to teach me to eat a bean.

You are killing it today.

I am really liking Off the Wall more and more, every day. It breaks up the same old arguments out on the main page.

My first encounter with edamame was with my wife of then about 25 years, and she was just as ignorant as I was. That's a lesson you only need to learn once. Those things should come with instructions for newcomers!

Did you choke like I did?

You are killing it today.

I am really liking Off the Wall more and more, every day. It breaks up the same old arguments out on the main page.

I agree....these are fun topics. Especially in the offseason.

Did you choke like I did?

I agree....these are fun topics. Especially in the offseason.

No, just worked on it forever before finally giving up and spitting it out. That doesn't even register on the scale of embarrassing things my wife had seen in a quarter century.

And this IS an important part of the off-season. There's only so much I can read and ponder about he same old topics.

Minor embarrassments

Going in for a kiss and the girl backs away

Splitting your jeans at work

getting pantsed by a killer wave at the beach

I had a teammate of mine in high school who hated me for awhile because I pantsed him while he was holding a 45 lbs weight. He couldn't pull his shorts up quickly and it was funny....especially since it was in general PE and many girls were there.

getting pantsed by a killer wave at the beach

Well you just dragged up a memory.

Was at a graduation party after my junior year of high school. The folks hosting had a pool, so swimming was done. Hanging out by the bonfire while doing some underage drinking and talking to this girl I'd started to move in on. I was half facing her, half facing the fire and standing. She was sitting and had turned away from the fire to face me. Unbeknownst to either of us, a friend of mine who is known for various shenanigans of the embarrassing type was sneaking around the fire behind me.

Now, back then, for whatever reason, many young men wore underwear under their swim trunks. I was not one of them. I hung loose under there because I preferred it and I dried out faster.

I wasn't nearly drunk enough to not be embarrassed by what followed: my friend ripped my swim trunks straight down to my ankles. I was shirtless, so effectively completely naked, and my meat and potatoes are directly in front of this girl's face.

Thankfully I had dried out and warmed up by then, but lordy did I turn red.

I never understood the whole "de-pantsing" thing. It never struck me as funny. And, no offense, the kids that did it seemed like humorless jocks. I wonder if this still happens with all the anti-bullying efforts.

I mean I was laughing about it shortly after.

I never understood the whole "de-pantsing" thing. It never struck me as funny. And, no offense, the kids that did it seemed like humorless jocks. I wonder if this still happens with all the anti-bullying efforts.

I was pants in 1979 @ 11 by my older (15) brother's friend. I was standing in the middle of driveway with my 1979 shorts on. You know, the tight ones the 1980s basketball player's wore... Pre-Jordan baggies. My whole world was on display that fateful morning in the summer of old '79.

And... Look @ me now, I am fine. Bullying had no effect on me! ;-)

Anyway... Those pre-Jordan era tighty gym shorts are a mutha to get back up when twisted at your ankles... LMAO.

I wonder if this is why Jordan started wearing baggies and two pairs of shorts? ;-)

Well you just dragged up a memory.

this didn't happen to me but someone else

Edison Tech HS when it was on Clifford Ave back in 72 and 73 - When it was swim class you had a choice - wear a swimsuit or go buff so guys got into a routine.

Come 74 they had just started letting girls attend there and you can guess what happened.

The guys entered and lined up then the girls entered.... One skinny kid forgot about the new co-ed classes

Edison Tech HS when it was on Clifford Ave back in 72 and 73 - When it was swim class you had a choice - wear a swimsuit or go buff so guys got into a routine.

Come 74 they had just started letting girls attend there and you can guess what happened.

The guys entered and lined up then the girls entered.... One skinny kid forgot about the new co-ed classes

I think we had a whole thread dedidicated to swimming in the buff while @ school. Thread was years back. Of course it delved into all kinds of social questions like what was the age cutoff, years born where this was considered weird. I think there is a societal shift around mid-1970s.

Anyway... West Seneca West here. Coed, buffless swimming came right for my Grade 7 year... Around 1980. Thank God! :-)

This is OTW... ;-)

I had a teammate of mine in high school who hated me for awhile because I pantsed him while he was holding a 45 lbs weight. He couldn't pull his shorts up quickly and it was funny....especially since it was in general PE and many girls were there.

You're 2-1 now.........

.......still funny. Who the hell lifts weights in gym class? I'm from the 1992-1995 era at OP and they NEVER would have even had us sniff the weight room during gym.

You're 2-1 now.........

.......still funny. Who the hell lifts weights in gym class? I'm from the 1992-1995 era at OP and they NEVER would have even had us sniff the weight room during gym.

Athletes during the season in general PE were required to lift. The main weight room was in our basketball gym but all major sports had their own.

The coaches didn't care if the non-athletes were either in the basketball court or weight room just as long you weren't sitting. There were big double doors they kept open throughout class.

We had block schedules which means 3 two hour classes a day and would alternate between blue and gold days (school colors)

Edited by Teeflebees

That's just all sorts of wrong. The 70s were a wacky time I guess, glad I missed out on them.

Pretty sure a gym teacher during my older brother's freshman year got fired for making a kid swim naked when he forgot his trunks.

That's just all sorts of wrong. The 70s were a wacky time I guess, glad I missed out on them.

Pretty sure a gym teacher during my older brother's freshman year got fired for making a kid swim naked when he forgot his trunks.

It was not just 1970s... But up to 1970s.

These same gym teachers were the guys who fought and won WWII. It builds self-confidence swimming in the nekkid... Ain't no Snowflakes allowed.

;-)

I'll bet that this little encounter would be one of their most embarrassing moments in their young lives. :ph34r:

i love 18-19 yr olds.

these girls are sooooo much fun. and they'll eat out of the palm of your hands. they always like the older guys.

Those Penfield girls I tell ya.

I thought Sex On the Beach was a popular thing.

the most recent girl of the two bills drive tailgate was a penfield girl. dated 9 months. amazing woman.

Edited by Boyst62