Embarrassing moments in your life

It's never happened to me yet but I'm always worried about sending texts to the wrong person with really off color stuff

I used to be really worried about this when I used to use mass texting to communicate practice plans with my players and players parents. Now, we use an app called "Remind" that is separate from texting and much easier to use.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's never happened to me yet but I'm always worried about sending texts to the wrong person with really off color stuff

One time I accidentally sent an email bitching about a co-worker to the co-worker I was bitching about. It was pretty embarrassing, and it took a while to re-establish a trusting collegial relationship.

One time I accidentally sent an email bitching about a co-worker to the co-worker I was bitching about. It was pretty embarrassing, and it took a while to re-establish a trusting collegial relationship.

Way back when ESPN had a "chat room" they offered a whisper function (basically a private PM) and people, myself included would slam someone and forget to "whisper".

When I was in Air Force basic training we were required to wear the key to our footlocker's around our neck's.....it was never to leave our person.

One day I was pulling guard duty in another dorm and running late for roll call.....ran in to grab something out of my locker....grabbed it quick.....ran out.....and got into formation.

The military training instructor for the day was walking past me in formation.....moved to the next man....abruptly stops...and comes back to me (I am like oh *$*$&% do i have a tear on my uniform or something......he reaches around my neck....gives my key chain a tug.

My lock from my locker was still attached.....to my key....around my neck.

In basic training this is a HUGE thing.....I didnt even realize that I had not put the lock back onto my footblocker. I was about 2 weeks from graduation and this sort of thing can get you recycled and have to start over. In about 20 seconds I was was surrounded by training instructor's ripping my #ss threatening to recycle me.

Luckily for me....someone game me some really good advice to get involved in the sports at basic training as this is a personal pride thing for the training instructors when their flights win. And luckily for me the head trianing instructor just happened to be over my tug a war team...and lucky for me I was very good at tug a war when I was younger (we finished 2nd place that year)

He came into the group....pulled me out.....away from the other TI's....and took me back to my dorm so I could secure my locker.

I think about it all the time to this day.