Injuries are bad

But data is beautiful...

Make of it what you will, probably no big surprise that the teams with the most injuries can't do well. And probably no surprise that we were the 5th most injured team last year.

Hoping the new administration can get a grip on this issue that has been killing us for what seems like ever since Rusty Jones left.

OTZeGIE.jpg

Keep in mind that teams that are struggling and out of playoff contention early on will sit players with injuries who normally would play and also place more of them on IR.

Rusty Jones was the Strength and Conditioning coach with the Bears who had a lot of injuries.

The Bills since Jones left had seasons with a lot of injuries and other seasons which they were very minimal.

The loss of Jones isn't or wasn't a factor IMO.

Here's the 2015 NFL injuries list by total amount of lost starts.

6 of the top 10 teams with the most injuries were in the playoffs including both Super Bowl teams.

Bills were 29th.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x151021/ranking-most-banged-nfl-teams-1-32

Edited by Teeflebees

Keep in mind that teams that are struggling and out of playoff contention early on will sit players with injuries who normally would play and also place more of them on IR.

Rusty Jones was the Strength and Conditioning coach with the Bears who had a lot of injuries.

The Bills since Jones left had seasons with a lot of injuries and other seasons which they were very minimal.

6 of the top 10 teams with the most injuries were in the playoffs including both Super Bowl teams.

Bills were 29th.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x151021/ranking-most-banged-nfl-teams-1-32

Injuries and bad depth is a killer.

i don't know if anyone can truly predict that sammy watkins woudl be banged up. i know i wasn't a fan of trading up for him at the time and still not sure how i feel about it. he's awfully small and relies on quickness...

who knows.

Lack of continuity causes to many scheme changes which in turn puts players out of position from doing in many instances what they were originally drafted to do in my humble opinion. Resulting in more injuries (IMO)

Grass> artificial surfaces

Lack of continuity causes to many scheme changes which in turn puts players out of position from doing in many instances what they were originally drafted to do in my humble opinion. Resulting in more injuries (IMO)

Does the coefficient of friction play into that?

I agree with this. When you're proactive, you're in better position. When you're over thinking, you tend to hesitate and can put yourself in a bad position.

Bills were 29th.

...can you really point the finger at the S&C staff alone?......it's become a year round game.....split the 12 months into 6 season/6 off season....assume every player has an off season regimen....do they meet, exceed or fall short of it?....is the design too ambitious?.....can the body sustain 12 months?......why are ACL's more prevalent than the common cold?.....is HGH in play?.......heluva lot of variables and unknowns to solely point the finger at the S&C Boyz IMO............

Ahhh I see. You're talking ring finger to pointer finger ratio

no.

he's just a small dude. he doesn't play big. chris hogan is the same size and will take a hit and plays big. sammy isn't boxing out db's or doing what some of the premier wr's are doing.