Report: 24 yr old LB Zach Orr to come out of retirement

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should probably stop talking about Ragland because you don't sound intelligent at all on this topic.

The guy calls HIMSELF a throwback. He was passed over by every team in the NFL. He is coming off major knee surgery. He is reputed to be a one dimensional run stopping slow linebacker that fits perfectly in the NFL.....in 1968. We have been shopping for LBs from the moment Rex left. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised but expectations should not be high.

The guy calls HIMSELF a throwback. He was passed over by every team in the NFL. He is coming off major knee surgery. He is reputed to be a one dimensional run stopping slow linebacker that fits perfectly in the NFL.....in 1968. We have been shopping for LBs from the moment Rex left. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised but expectations should not be high.

Seems like people focus more on Ragland's size and measurables, and neglect to also consider his reputation as being instinctual and intelligent on the football field. Whether it's inside, outside, or with his hand in the dirt as an extra edge rusher, I think he can be a 3 down player in this defense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/film-study-can-alabama-lb-reggie-ragland-get-anymore-freakish/amp/

Seems like people focus more on Ragland's size and measurables, and neglect to also consider his reputation as being instinctual and intelligent on the football field. Whether it's inside, outside, or with his hand in the dirt as an extra edge rusher, I think he can be a 3 down player in this defense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/film-study-can-alabama-lb-reggie-ragland-get-anymore-freakish/amp/

I hope you're right. Alabama LBs and RBs normally play behind dominant lines where they rarely get touched.

Who reputes him as being slow? I agree he's not blazing fast, but that dont make him slow by any stretch. And , being passed on by every team is ridiculous. 274 others were passed on also..many have had/will have very nice careers. Admit it, you just dont personally like the guy so you take the so-called pundits viewpoint to make your case. Fact is, he is NOT the first to call himself a "throwback". The guy is a beast. We should give him a few games before we decide he sucks. He was reported as flying all over the field last year before the injury...or did those reports escape you? At the very least, he's better than Brown.And for a second round pick, I can certainly live with that Edited by BuffAlone

Well every team also passed on Zay and Dawkins too, both players we traded up for, just like Ragland, so I guess our Bills better start shopping to replace those unknown rookies too, lol

Yes there is no assurance Ragland will be the run stopping saviour MLB we've also been dreaming about the last decade, he's an untested rookie, but at least he's a 1st round talent, who only fell into the 2nd round because of an injury, so probability wise he's a stronger bet to stop the run than say Orr, who is not only a full year removed from playing the in the NFL, had horrific PFF ratings vs the run the last year he suited up

Sure Lorax, Ragland, and Hodges, with Preston backing up, may not be an all pro starting LB set but I've seen worse trio's going into training camp, and since I expect we will be in nickle and dime 65% of the time, these 3 will likely only be on the field together just 35% of the time, I just don't see a great argument for spending coin on Orr, unless he plays WR or safety, where I think we have much bigger starting issues...

jc

• 3 weeks later...

Well every team also passed on Zay and Dawkins too, both players we traded up for, just like Ragland, so I guess our Bills better start shopping to replace those unknown rookies too, lol

Yes there is no assurance Ragland will be the run stopping saviour MLB we've also been dreaming about the last decade, he's an untested rookie, but at least he's a 1st round talent, who only fell into the 2nd round because of an injury, so probability wise he's a stronger bet to stop the run than say Orr, who is not only a full year removed from playing the in the NFL, had horrific PFF ratings vs the run the last year he suited up

Sure Lorax, Ragland, and Hodges, with Preston backing up, may not be an all pro starting LB set but I've seen worse trio's going into training camp, and since I expect we will be in nickle and dime 65% of the time, these 3 will likely only be on the field together just 35% of the time, I just don't see a great argument for spending coin on Orr, unless he plays WR or safety, where I think we have much bigger starting issues...

jc

Ragnuts might have been a first round talent 15 years ago but not the way defense is played today.

The first thing he needs to do is prove he is better than Brandon Spikes......who could hardly find work in his prime in todays NFL.

As for Zach Orr........he isn't a full year removed from the NFL.......he was second team all-pro in 2016 so.....he played.