Rooftop dining/drinks in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

Ha! LoL

We took a walk on Bird Island last weekend and I asked my 19 year old "hot shot" son if he could... The young Turk says: "Sure." I laugh and say: "We will have the car ready and waiting in Tonawanda!"

:-)

Funny! He should try it! It will build character. But Just to clarify the swim I took, From the Canadian side of the Peace Bridge at the pier , we dove in there, swam to the American side and touched the breakwall and swam back to the Canadian side at the railroad bridge and climbed out there. We were damn exhausted to swim that hard, in fact I almost drowned from fatigue. I suppose you could do the same swim in reverse starting from the American side.

Maybe they could make a summer marathon in Buffalo, pay entry fees, get a number to make the strenuous swim. If you want to get crazy, incorporate a full Iron Man competition and this would be the swimming portion of it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny! He should try it! It will build character. But Just to clarify the swim I took, From the Canadian side of the Peace Bridge at the pier , we dove in there, swam to the American side and touched the breakwall and swam back to the Canadian side at the railroad bridge and climbed out there. We were damn exhausted to swim that hard, in fact I almost drowned from fatigue. I suppose you could do the same swim in reverse starting from the American side.

Maybe they could make a summer marathon in Buffalo, pay entry fees, get a number to make the strenuous swim. If you want to get crazy, incorporate a full Iron Man competition and this would be the swimming portion of it.

I used to waterski on the Canadian side... Bit smoother up to head of river, mouth of Lake to Fort.

Still swift and dangerous upper rapids by International Bridge... But more stable. BUT... THAT WAS A NUTS SWIM!

My first lock operator job was working @ Black Rock Lock. Many dangerous parts of the upper river. Ex-brother inlaw's brother drowned there by Isle View. Strong swimmer.

I used to waterski on the Canadian side... Bit smoother up to head of river, mouth of Lake to Fort.

Still swift and dangerous upper rapids by International Bridge... But more stable. BUT... THAT WAS A NUTS SWIM!

My first lock operator job was working @ Black Rock Lock. Many dangerous parts of the upper river. Ex-brother inlaw's brother drowned there by Isle View. Strong swimmer.

Sorry to hear your brother drowned in the river. A good friend of mine drowned in the river being stupid in the winter time. Swimming in the Niagara river from the old fort as far down to black creek in some extreme adventures was a daily occurrence in the summer times. We floated on tubes, or just treaded water and wore masks looking at the bottom as we floated by. Back then I knew where every under water rock, eddy, whirlpool and current would take you. We climbed every inch of the railroad and peace bridge and jumped from most spots on those bridges. It was my home away from home during the summer. I hope local kids still are allowed to do that.

Nice scenery depending on where you are. Fresh air. Scantily clad women flaunting their sweater puppets. It's not an awful thing.

I gots to get in with this! I like to eat al fresco.

I had to Google this. I guess it is big here in Chicago too!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-best-new-rooftop-patio-bars-2016-story.html

https://chicago.eater.com/maps/best-new-rooftop-terrace-bar-restaurant-chicago-map/raised

Well I'll be... I must have been under a rock. :-)

The Trumpster even getting in on the trend:

trump-chicago-the-terrace-at-dusk-1440x8

Well, that just looks awesome! We had dinner in Buckhead last night then went upstairs for drinks at a place with a great view of midtown/downtown Atlanta and the lights. Unfortunately for them, a new high rise is going up across the street that will totally block that view when they get up another few floors. :( I'll need to visit again soon!

damn!!

I didn't look at the pictures last night because I was on my phone. I just looked at it on my computer. I have no desire to go to LA (just moved back to Orange County), I don't drink but I agree. Damn!! I need to go check that place out.