Need help finding/selecting a Lawnmower

The Jokeman

that seems pricey. we have 2 acres worth of lawn that they cut. we had a number of estimates done, and they ranged from 70-110 a cut. we went with the cheapest for 2 years, and the service was pretty lousy. large ruts in the lawn, clumps of grass everywhere. i don't feel so bad about the $80 anymore. on a side note, i have it rigged so that it's a tax write off.

How does the tax write off work ? I'd like to use that as a feature for my new customers.

I cut 100ish lawns in va beach/norfolk area.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the tax write off work ? I'd like to use that as a feature for my new customers.

I cut 100ish lawns in va beach/norfolk area.

it's not exactly kosher, but if any of the customers are business/multiple property owners, you can bill them through the business, and not at the private address. this way it's usually lumped in as a general landscaping/mowing if the businesses already do that. it would be tough to ever find in an audit, and for the most part, they wouldn't even look unless you were really trying to write of nonsense ****.

that seems pricey. we have 2 acres worth of lawn that they cut. we had a number of estimates done, and they ranged from 70-110 a cut. we went with the cheapest for 2 years, and the service was pretty lousy. large ruts in the lawn, clumps of grass everywhere. i don't feel so bad about the $80 anymore. on a side note, i have it rigged so that it's a tax write off.

pricey? $30 would hardly cover the gas if I were to drive / tow my mower around and back. Plus per my manual I have to service my mower every 20 hours @ $40.75

write off?

nice

2 acres is a lot more than I have to mow.

pricey? $30 would hardly cover the gas if I were to drive / tow my mower around and back. Plus per my manual I have to service my mower every 20 hours @ $40.75

write off?

nice

2 acres is a lot more than I have to mow.

i see where you're coming from. it makes more sense. i was just thinking of what we paid for 2 acres vs 30 for a 1/4.

I just got a Honda self-propelled on Sunday. What the hell was I thinking NOT owning one of these all my life?

Super lightweight and you can barely keep up with it.

Oh, self-propelled is a game changer! When I was 14 I got first job at an apartment complex. The first couple summers I mostly pushed a lawnmower. When my parents bought a self propelled (mulching) mower, I wanted to take it to work with me! Enjoy!

My next lawn mower will be the Honda self propelled mower from Home Depot.

Current mower is a 12 year old Try Bilt that still chugs along pretty well.

Back in the day, I mowed 0.5 acre with a push mower. When I was

15 we FINALLY got a mower with an engine. It was a Jacobsen that high level

of safety features that were new back then, but taken for granted today.

Which we sometimes defeat... Like tieing the "dead man" lever back so you can walk away from a running machine.

;-) ;-)

My neighbor does that. Tieing off the dead man lever. He also mows wearing sandals . WTF ?

• 3 months later...

Just a heads up, I ended up buying an Ego Self Propelled lawn mower with a 56 volt battery.

So....I'm curious, how long is a battery like that supposed to last for each charge? It sounds a lot easier than a gas powered mower if it gets the job done. My current yard is so small scissors might work, but I have to assume you can get the average yard done with no problem, then plug in until the next time.

So....I'm curious, how long is a battery like that supposed to last for each charge? It sounds a lot easier than a gas powered mower if it gets the job done. My current yard is so small scissors might work, but I have to assume you can get the average yard done with no problem, then plug in until the next time.

I have the self propelled model which runs pretty fast. The charge lasts about an hour and charges in about an hour. Yet I can do my suburban front and back in about 40 minutes.

I have the self propelled model which runs pretty fast. The charge lasts about an hour and charges in about an hour. Yet I can do my suburban front and back in about 40 minutes.

That sounds perfect! Does it mulch too? I was amazed at how much greener the grass was and how much faster it grew with the mulching mower (I was a teen back then). That's good....and bad. Fast growing = more mowing.

That sounds perfect! Does it mulch too? I was amazed at how much greener the grass was and how much faster it grew with the mulching mower (I was a teen back then). That's good....and bad. Fast growing = more mowing.

it mulches, bags or side discharges. Here's a link https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-21-in-56-Volt-Lithium-ion-Cordless-Battery-Self-Propelled-Mower-with-7-5Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-LM2102SP/206515944?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-BASE-PLA-AllProducts%7c&gclid=CjwKCAjw7MDPBRAFEiwAppdF9G4oMoejC78xGU5-LOf25YQcievlAP3idyl_uc4vnZOOVJN7ooTo0hoCyQQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJGLrInqi9cCFcMGDAodAnUMAg