Universal Basic Income - From the left to the right

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe action speak louder than words :)

Awesome. Then let's try a little experiment. I'll buy lunch in my neck of the woods. Afterwords you go around to the 'hood and hand out $100 bills to the black people and say "here have a !@#$ bill" and will see what speaks louder. I'd gladly pick up lunch and give you the $100 bills for this. It would be so worth it.

Awesome. Then let's try a little experiment. I'll buy lunch in my neck of the woods. Afterwords you go around to the 'hood and hand out $100 bills to the black people and say "here have a !@#$ bill" and will see what speaks louder. I'd gladly pick up lunch and give you the $100 bills for this. It would be so worth it.

And that would prove LBJ was a bad person or something?? No wonder you right wingers never help push progress forward, you just don't get it

And that would prove LBJ was a bad person or something?? No wonder you right wingers never help push progress forward, you just don't get it

No you dumbass. I would prove your statement the actions speak louder than words is total bull ****. :wallbash:

Well thinking is not your strong suit

But seriously I'm not out to settle a point. I'm out to get your ass beat by a bunch of the dudes in the 'hood. :lol:

I know you are never trying to settle a point, you are pointless.

Har har har!

Well you could put a good portion of those people in government jobs having them figure out what the right COL is in each part of the country and administering the program. A new giant gov't arm for a new system to game. Then you could also have a subsidized program to re-train the displaced to maintain the robotics and diagnose/maintain the AI. But then again, if all those people are either employed by the government to administer the new program or trained to work within the new technology, then the program would cease to be necessary.

I'm only being half snarky here. I understand the potential need for UBI, but I also see that it will create a whole new cottage industry of making, administering, and collecting handouts.

I see the risks. And I don't really have any good answers in how you would counter those risks. Hell, I don't really even have a developed way in how it would actually look like. The only thing that I do recognize is that some sort of variant of a UBI could potentially be a solution to what I believe is an inevitability, which is a looming jobs crisis.

I see the risks. And I don't really have any good answers in how you would counter those risks. Hell, I don't really even have a developed way in how it would actually look like. The only thing that I do recognize is that some sort of variant of a UBI could potentially be a solution to what I believe is an inevitability, which is a looming jobs crisis.

That will be a serious crisis indeed.

I saw something that ranked 123 cities. #61 was Grand Rapids and #62 was Plano so forget all the Memphis stuff. That was listed somewhere else as the cheapest place to live....and I just picked it randomly. Let's go with Grand Rapids or Plano.

Besides, with all the newcomers Memphis might have tipped over into the mighty Mississippi.

I don't see how adopting a UBI won't have a negative impact in a free market economy. Also, I can't address the issue of AI displacing jobs since I have no background or experience with it, but I'm getting pretty sick of all the doom and gloom regarding automation and tech putting people out of work. It will ultimately create the need for skilled employees, who will earn higher wages.

I don't see how adopting a UBI won't have a negative impact in a free market economy. Also, I can't address the issue of AI displacing jobs since I have no background or experience with it, but I'm getting pretty sick of all the doom and gloom regarding automation and tech putting people out of work. It will ultimately create the need for skilled employees, who will earn higher wages.

But far fewer of them.