Universal Basic Income - From the left to the right

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sir, we'll just print another trillion or so to meet this demand.... that will put people on an equal footing...

LOL if it wasn't so sad....

I'm not saying everyone will be completely equal, but those choosing to stay in expensive areas would not really have the right to complain. I suppose you could pick a town with average COL and make that the guideline. You could make an allowance equal to the cost of moving there for people in expensive places but it would be a one time thing. So if you lived in NYC and let's say Memphis had the average overall cost, you could get a one time bump that would cover the cost to move to Memphis. If you chose not to move then it was on you. You couldn't get that allowance twice. Just so I'm clear, not everyone would be forced with actually moving to Memphis. You could move anywhere you want or stay, but you could only take the extra money once. If everyone moved to Memphis they might not all fit. And also I just picked Memphis from thin air, I have no idea if it is the average cost. I was just using it to make the point. I could have said Anytown USA but then people would have asked where Anytown is and the whole idea would have gotten lost in the mix.

And you don't have to print that money because you could use debit cards and stuff. Governments already do that.

reading about LBJ's 95th poverty program to eliminate all the rats from the inner city, they bite children and it honestly is a horrible thing back in 1966 or so.

it became roasted by the press and Congress as a Civil Rats bill with members asking if they have to deputize their cats or put them through intense intel scrutiny to chase the rats.

LBJ's programs sure made life easier for the elderly

reading about LBJ's 95th poverty program to eliminate all the rats from the inner city, they bite children and it honestly is a horrible thing back in 1966 or so.

it became roasted by the press and Congress as a Civil Rats bill with members asking if they have to deputize their cats or put them through intense intel scrutiny to chase the rats.

Now there's a guy. LBJ was doing crooked politics before Hillary was born.

I saw something that ranked 123 cities. #61 was Grand Rapids and #62 was Plano so forget all the Memphis stuff. That was listed somewhere else as the cheapest place to live....and I just picked it randomly. Let's go with Grand Rapids or Plano.

We aren't talking about actual penquins, I thought it was a hockey reference....

Wrong again....... perhaps....

Yes, actual penguins. I !@#$ing hate the !@#$ing ice rats ever since I was conned into seeing !@#$ing March of the !@#$ing Penguins. I even hate them more than that mewling eunuch stoner Tom Petty and the Earbleeders.

Want to watch my head explode? Show me a youtube video of a damn penguin sitting on a nest, set to "The Waiting Is the Hardest Part." Just typing that makes me want to do shots of Drano.

Racist?

And yes, LBJ's Great Society has helped a lot of people vote Democrat since and for the next 150 plus years!

A racists of the highest order. Good ole boy and all.

Oh and I finished your thought for you.

A racists of the highest order. Good ole boy and all.

Oh and I finished your thought for you.

LBJ? The guy that ended Jim Crow? The guy that signed the law ensuring blacks could vote? <-----He did those things

This reminds me of how Tom was making Robert Lee out to be an abolitionist :lol:

LBJ? The guy that ended Jim Crow? The guy that signed the law ensuring blacks could vote? <-----He did those things

This reminds me of how Tom was making Robert Lee out to be an abolitionist :lol:

Yup he's the racist bastard.

There are two issues we would still need to address because I'm not sure replacing one program with another will address these issues on their own:

1) Dependence on your federal handout is excessively generational. If this was about helping just those who fell on difficult times in spite of their efforts, that's one thing. But many welfare recipients are taught how to game the system with little effort by family and circle of friends. And they learned from their family and friends. These are not people who are simply having a bad year. This is their way of life because it has been the way of life for the past few generations. No idea how to disrupt that cycle, but it's very real.

2) Abuse is going to happen regardless of the program because the program requires people to oversee a giant bundle of cash. Regardless of how means-testing takes place, those in charge of distribution are part of the weakest link because corruption is always in lockstep with large bundles of cash.

That said, it's easy to point out these issues and much more difficult to determine the best way to address them. Being cut from the 'give a hand up, not a handout' cloth, it's difficult to opine on this topic because any steps for self-accountability are usually met with the left's well-orchestrated global scream of "You want to steal food from babies and kill them!!!"

I happen to agree with much of what you are saying here.

I think for me, from the limited amount of time that I've spent researching and actually trying to see how a system like this would actually work, on the face of it there are a few areas where I do believe it could help.

It really depends on how many jobs will be decimated to Robotics, automation and AI. If we are talking about over a 1/3 of the workforce, then we will have to find a solution for all this potentially devastating possibility.

Too bad all the racists were not that good...Darn racist that gave black people basic rights. Things were pretty bad before that

Well it's quite revealing that you have such high praise for someone that refereed to black people as &#33;@#&#036;s and his legislation as the &#33;@#&#036; Bill. Carry on.

Well it's quite revealing that you have such high praise for someone that refereed to black people as !@#$s and his legislation as the !@#$ Bill. Carry on.

Who ended Jim Crow, he extended the most basic American rights that Conservatives fought to deny them

I happen to agree with much of what you are saying here.

I think for me, from the limited amount of time that I've spent researching and actually trying to see how a system like this would actually work, on the face of it there are a few areas where I do believe it could help.

It really depends on how many jobs will be decimated to Robotics, automation and AI. If we are talking about over a 1/3 of the workforce, then we will have to find a solution for all this potentially devastating possibility.

Well you could put a good portion of those people in government jobs having them figure out what the right COL is in each part of the country and administering the program. A new giant gov't arm for a new system to game. Then you could also have a subsidized program to re-train the displaced to maintain the robotics and diagnose/maintain the AI. But then again, if all those people are either employed by the government to administer the new program or trained to work within the new technology, then the program would cease to be necessary.

I'm only being half snarky here. I understand the potential need for UBI, but I also see that it will create a whole new cottage industry of making, administering, and collecting handouts.