Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

I'm all in on the 2018 QB class, but I'm not for tanking.

The Bills have 2 first round picks next year, and they don't necessarily have to trade them to get a good QB.

Next year's class is deep with talent. It's not just 1 QB who is good next year.

I agree with your perspective. :thumbsup:

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have 2 first round picks next year, and they don't necessarily have to trade them to get a good QB.

Next year's class is deep with talent. It's not just 1 QB who is good next year.

Tanking is just another way to say rebuilding. But it would be hard to rebuild something that was never built in the first place.

There are many decent QB prospects right now for the 2018 draft. Let's see how many there are in 2018.

But re: Maclin potentially signing, that can benefit Taylor in 2017 and the starter in 2018, depending on the length of the deal. No need to choose one.

Signing Maclin can be a move for the short term and long term benefit of the team.

This is where I'm at. I may have been more for it a couple of month's ago but the roster has gotten better (and potentially much better with Maclin). They have a chance to compete in the AFC. They aren't a Super Bowl team but could be pretty good.

Yea, I don't either. You just don't know whats going to happen with other teams throughout the year. Look at what happened with the Titans, they selected Mariota in the 2015 season and still finished dead last. They knew they didn't need a Qb 1st overall in the 2016 draft so they traded out. It could very well happen that a team like the Bears finish dead last in the NFL, they just selected Trubisky, they could want to trade out of that spot. Or it could be another team in the top 5 or 10 picks that wants to trade out.

There are just too many variables.

Yea, I don't either. You just don't know whats going to happen with other teams throughout the year. Look at what happened with the Titans, they selected Mariota in the 2015 season and still finished dead last. They knew they didn't need a Qb 1st overall in the 2016 draft so they traded out. It could very well happen that a team like the Bears finish dead last in the NFL, they just selected Trubisky, they could want to trade out of that spot. Or it could be another team in the top 5 or 10 picks that wants to trade out.

There are just too many variables.

Garoppolo is in play as well. For less picks than it would take to move up to select a rookie.

Cutting Listenbee makes the WR depth pretty urgent.

I hope we continue to entertain big talent cuts this summer, especially any decent talent at safety.

Listenbee was a bubble guy at best. A total JAG. The Bills have a ton of guys to play that spot. I'm keeping my eye on Jeremy Butler at camp.

We really could use one more safety. That's where we are thinnest.

Garoppolo is in play as well. For less picks than it would take to move up to select a rookie.

I hope your talking about some other team and not us

A) the Pats wont trade him in division

B) why would we want him? what has he ever done? of course he would have some success in spot starts in the Patriots system, I could go play QB there and put up respectable numbers (and I dont even have any arms)

Cutting Listenbee makes the WR depth pretty urgent.

I hope we continue to entertain big talent cuts this summer, especially any decent talent at safety.

We cut Listenbee because we signed a healthy, fast WR. No new sense of urgency

Edited by klos63

Actually it did work for the Colts.

They got the player they wanted, they just didn't know how to build around him.

I'm not saying they didnt get their player, I'm saying tanking doesnt work very well in the NFL - EVEN if you get the player you want. It is hard to win in the NFL and even getting your franchise QB doesnt guarantee anything

I hope your talking about some other team and not us

A) the Pats wont trade him in division

B) why would we want him? what has he ever done? of course he would have some success in spot starts in the Patriots system, I could go play QB there and put up respectable numbers (and I dont even have any arms)

Well they were saying the 2018 class is amazing and deep. I'm throwing out the fact that Jimmy G should be a UFA - or they will tag and trade like they did with cassel (unlikely because they seem to target free agency more than they did in 2009 and it hamstrings your cap room).

Edited by dneveu

Well they were saying the 2018 class is amazing and deep. I'm throwing out the fact that Jimmy G should be a UFA - or they will tag and trade like they did with cassel (unlikely because they seem to target free agency more than they did in 2009 and it hamstrings your cap room).

ok gotcha...yea he will be a FA, Brees, Rivers...there will be options for other QB needy teams, and we can draft ours

Unless TT has a stellar year, im not betting on it, but its not out of the realm of possibilities